Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

i think the work on is on the building beside it - there is scaffolding in the passage between the two buildings but seems the actual work is on the other building

Oh really. That's a pity. Another building in a prime location that needs to come back into use ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

From post 3916

Speculation
    Possibly the mother was the council tenant not him.
    In this scenario he may have had no entitlement to remain once she left.
    Possibly there was more than 1 bedroom in the house.
    Consequently the council felt it could be used by a family.

It appears from the post that alternate accommodation may have been offered.
    Not speculation - The mother was the council tenant so yes he had no entitlement to remain, I never stated otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Possibly the cold nights made the alternative accommodation more appealing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭JonJones

cml387 wrote: »
    Possibly the cold nights made the alternative accommodation more appealing.
    How long was he in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

JonJones wrote: »
    How long was he in it?

He was there about 3-4 weeks. I passed today and the tent is gone.

• Advertisement

He was there about 3-4 weeks. I passed today and the tent is gone.
    That is a long time the nights have been chilly last few weeks. has he a job etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

JonJones wrote: »
    There is someone sleeping in a tent? Where exactly is this? Why was he evicted? A tent would be cold even now I would think. Some cold nights lately
    On a grass verge on the roundabout outside Marlfield house.I saw it there the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Which one is the council house in there? The only house you can see from the road looks like a very large house, potentially one of the finest in Marlfield and that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Not in there, that is Marlifield House, LA houses are up the hill on right in centre of village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

btb wrote: »
    Not in there, that is Marlifield House, LA houses are up the hill on right in centre of village.

Not Marlifield House. He was camped at an entrance across the road from Marlfield house and closer to Knocklofty. Strange place to hold a protest if the house he was evicted from was up in the village.

https://www.google.ie/maps/search/2+Marlfield+Rd,+Tipperary/@52.3450194,-7.7619002,3a,75y,1.07h,89.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2n0489tSburS3EJxKtHznA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Anyone know of a deli, shop or supermarket that sells coleslaw without onion in Clonmel?

maryfred wrote: »
    Anyone know of a deli, shop or supermarket that sells coleslaw without onion in Clonmel?

It's not in Clonmel town, but the Deli in Hands, Clerihan make delicious coleslaw. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

Speaking of Marlfield, its shame the golf course & hotel never developed. Clonmel could do with another fine hotel & Marlfield house would have suited.Part of the problem was they were charging too much for the housing development that was part of the plan. Think they were asking in the region of five hundred thousand euro for four bedroom house. Marlfield is one of the finest spots in Clonmel & its hard get homes there because they are normally snapped up when go on market.But asking for that price in a recession was just crazy. On Clonmel arms site, I think the council should get involved with the developers & get it going. It has the planning & part of it that really needs to start is the multistory car park. Perfect location in the heart of town. The lack of good parking is killing the town centre. The issue comes up everytime there's a local election & yet none of the councilors elected have done anything about it.

Just heard IMC Cinema in Clonmel got planning permission from Tipp county council for 8 screen cinema. Fantastic news. Badly needed

Maymack wrote: »
    Just heard IMC Cinema in Clonmel got planning permission from Tipp county council for 8 screen cinema. Fantastic news. Badly needed

They are supposed to be extending into the old Slatterys.

Be great see old slatterys building getting redeveloped. Its lying idle for too long. Great news for the town centre aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 namelessone

Anyone know where the new Costa Coffee is opening in clonmel??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone know where the new Costa Coffee is opening in clonmel??

The poppyfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Another big dirty coffee shop chain opening near me.

Sick of em'! That's the way things are now though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

callaway92 wrote: »
    Another big dirty coffee shop chain opening near me.

Sick of em'! That's the way things are now though.

Ah sure it's a few more jobs created if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

Technically speaking it's been the old Boyds building longer than Slattery's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

nadroir wrote: »
    Technically speaking it's been the old Boyds building longer than Slattery's

Oops, showing our age now.

Who remembers shopping in Lowreys (now I was very young)

Think Costa coffee is going into where coyles coffee was in Marystone centre. The shop has been let recently. The old Paco store in the poppyfields is meant to turning into fast food takeaway. Don't know what chipper it is yet. The landlords in poppyfields are looking to increase floor space in the former Cost Plus Sofa store. Hopefully they have good tenant lined up to open there.

Maymack wrote: »
    Think Costa coffee is going into where coyles coffee was in Marystone centre. The shop has been let recently. The old Paco store in the poppyfields is meant to turning into fast food takeaway. Don't know what chipper it is yet. The landlords in poppyfields are looking to increase floor space in the former Cost Plus Sofa store. Hopefully they have good tenant lined up to open there.
    beside KFC?

Ya beside KFC. Application is for hot food takeaway. Notice is on the door. Interesting to see who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Records say Bryant Park QIAIF????

It's some kind of property management company, so we're no wiser.

cml387 wrote: »
    Records say Bryant Park QIAIF????

It's some kind of property management company, so we're no wiser.

http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/detail.php/CompanyNumber/IE549038/CompanyName/BRYANT+PARK+QIAIF+PUBLIC+LIMITED+COMPANY

Only Registered in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

Hi, just wondering if anyone here could recommend someone who provides Flute lessons to kids, in Clonmel?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Hi, just wondering if anyone here could recommend someone who provides Flute lessons to kids, in Clonmel?
    Thanks

Clonmel school of music is beside pearls Chinese on Gladstone St. I don't have any experience with them but just happened to notice their door while parked outside last week. If you Google them I'm sure you'll find a number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Thanks

http://www.mfmusic.ie/about.html

Advertisement