Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

sounds like HID's without deflectors - also if they are a blue tinge they are cheap chinese jobs - absolute menace on the roads, were a load of boy racers using them a few years back but the NCT fail for these and also the garda actually enforce it when they come on a car using them so id say as we get into darker evenings he will get noticed sooner rather than later and be made change them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

F34 wrote: »
    I'm not sure to be honest was so blinded by his lights i didn't notice lad driving it had short black hair. I'd say he has put hids into the lights without making sure they were suitable which they most certainly aren't.

where is this car being driven? aren't german plates illegal? i will report him if i see him. dope

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

god sake what is he doing wrong only driving around with bright head lights,and there not German plates, totally legal plates, theres alot worse going on around the town, ERU had to react to our local travellers kicking the sh@t out a pregnant women yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Think it's fairly obvious what the poster says he's doing wrong: driving around with dangerously bright headlights (which may be illegal).
    Pointing out something else going on in the town doesn't exactly give him or anyone else a carte blanche

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

any truth that Medite is on fire,

• Advertisement

potentially dangerous lights that may cause an accident.ERU /travellers is irellevant here. the issue is potentially dangerous lights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

snipey wrote: »
    any truth that Medite is on fire,

Seen a few pics on Facebook, looks like it alright. Scary place to be if it is on fire, sawdust and naked flames don't mix well..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was driving out of Clonmel yesterday evening on the Waterford road and saw a massive fire up in the woods up the mountain,flames and black smoke,I'd saw that's what ye saw.I heard nothing about a fire in Medite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Seen a few pics on Facebook, looks like it alright. Scary place to be if it is on fire, sawdust and naked flames don't mix well..

Link to any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

I have heard a rumour in the last couple of days but will be careful about how I put it.
    I have heard that a Clonmel man has been allegedly caught in Cambodia with a quantity of drugs and is currently being held in jail in that country. I am surprised that this has yet to get any headlines in the media.
    Has anyone else heard this rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

tippspur wrote: »
    I was driving out of Clonmel yesterday evening on the Waterford road and saw a massive fire up in the woods up the mountain,flames and black smoke,I'd saw that's what ye saw.I heard nothing about a fire in Medite.

What you saw up the hill was a completely separate fire to the fire that took place at Medite. There was a fire at Medite earlier in the day.

From september 7TH Tipperary District Council have decided to stop people bringing cars into the cemetery in Clonmel. Elderly and disabled will have to park across road. Meeting pending with council. See news on Tipp FM site. I cannot upload urls

Link to any pics?

I'll see if I can find them, they weren't anything special just smoke coming from that general direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The mother there messaged me that Costa Coffee is opening up in Clonmel does anyone have any idea of where its opening ?.

I am hoping it is the show grounds as about time there be a place to get a good cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

The mother there messaged me that Costa Coffee is opening up in Clonmel does anyone have any idea of where its opening ?.

I am hoping it is the show grounds as about time there be a place to get a good cup of coffee.

The people that own the KFC franchise also own Costa Coffee so I'd say it'll open in the Poppyfields of its opening.

The people that own the KFC franchise also own Costa Coffee so I'd say it'll open in the Poppyfields of its opening.
    te coffees shop beside supervalu in poppyfields is opening soon "under new management" That be it?

aren't there two coffee shops there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭pooch90

Yeah but both M&S and BBs are rotten,especially the food. BBs coffee is ok but so slow and tables not cleaned often enough. A really good coffee shop there would clean up.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Yeah but both M&S and BBs are rotten,especially the food. BBs coffee is ok but so slow and tables not cleaned often enough. A really good coffee shop there would clean up.

The fact that they are always looking for staff says a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

pooch90 wrote: »

BBs in The Showgrounds beside TK Maxx?

I know it's a bit shít but in fairness they are constantly full there so they'd hardly change things for the time being.

• Advertisement

The building beside KFC is being done up at the moment, Id reckon thats where its gonna be.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Any idea what happened that car that is burned out in the barlo ford forecourt? Attempted break in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

http://www.businessandleadership.com/exporting/item/51648-eishtec-creating-200-jobs-a

It seems eishtec are building a center in clonmel and creating 200 jobs, anyone no where this call center will be located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://www.businessandleadership.com/exporting/item/51648-eishtec-creating-200-jobs-a

It seems eishtec are building a center in clonmel and creating 200 jobs, anyone no where this call center will be located?

I say there is a strong chance they could be going into where the UPC call centre used to be in Clonmel ?. AS that place would be more or less ready to open.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea they might be taking over the building intellicom used to occupy. It's a good day for the parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The new call center will be up in Ard Gaoithe Business park lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I got this off FB, can't confirm any of the details but I'm sure if someone was interested in a job they could follow it up.

Great news for Clonmel, Eishtec is opening on the 5th of October, there will be 250 jobs, they're recruiting straight away, walk in interviews this Fri 11th Sep in Minella hotel from 10-7pm.....Spread the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

what kind of work do they do?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Callcentre for EE network in the UK and some smaller projects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Few friends work for them in Waterford.

Most work in Tech Support for EE/T-Mobile

Lots of cold-calling/upselling from what I can gather but they seem to enjoy it anyway!

Advertisement