Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CW produce some of the most entertaining tv shows that I follow year on year. In saying that I only watch Supernatural, The Flash and Arrow, while I'm slowly going through Legend's of Tomorrow. I tried the first episode or two of the 100 and didn't like it but I know according to people on here that it gets better from episode 5 onwards so I'm sure I'll return in the future.

Supernatural is my favourite tv show. It's not the best I've seen but it's my favourite. I adore Breaking Bad, Justified, The Walking Dead, The Wire, GoT (although that's a love/confused thing at the moment as a book reader) and recently The Sopranos but then based on the caliber of actors and finance then you'd be disappointed if they weren't good. Seasons 4 and 5 of Supernatural are absolutely riveting and the build up in the first few seasons is excellent. It's a little more hit and miss in terms of long term plot after that but individual episodes are in themselves always entertaining. I've said before and say it again but Supernatural is funnier that almost any tv show when they want it to be.

I binged 2 and half seasons of Arrow before moving onto the Flash and The Flash was the breakout show of last year for me. That includes "Better Call Saul" for me, and I do not say that lightly.

CW shows are not your HBO fare but they're fun. Most showrunners and writers could learn a lot from the pacing of The Flash. Well I say CW shows but really it's Supernatural, The Flash and probably Arrow for my point of reference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Better Call Saul renewed for Season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thankfully the show's producers pretty much knew this and have designed this season to wrap up everything. Best to end on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So another show about King David cancelled. Never watched it. I'm guessing it wasn't as good as Kings though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It seems they had no more Personal Interest in it any more :rolleyes:
    & the way RTE have it in the graveyard slot, along with other shows iZombie & Parks & Rec

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr E wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

iZombie has some of the cleverest writing out there, the Flash is the best superhero show on network TV and The 100 is one of the smartest Sci-Fi shows around.

I'd have Gotham ahead of the rest - think Arrow just plain bad. The 100 based off YA books pales to alot of show imo. Granted gave up with 2 episodes of S2 left. Think it's similar to this years The Magicians for me, there's a good story in there but it's getting strangled by alot of things that annoy me. The Expanse for me is the best sci-fi adaptation. Childhoods end also worth a look. For original content Into The badlands for me is top of the list (pretty sure this isn't based on a book?)

squonk wrote: »
    I'll go along with Thargor. I like iZombie as bubblegum TV but it's easy to be clever if you're parodying genres or character types as the show does. I like ths how but it's in my filler pile really. I gave up on the 100. I might reconsider that based on the comments here but I couldn't get away from the pretty teens in crisis angle really. Legends of Tomorrow is pure tosh really. If it didn't have a DC lineage to fall back on it'd barely have gotten past pilot I reckon. The Flash is pretty good for sure and it's the best of the CW Superhero shows.

I'd agree with most of this, except having i filed iZombie with Z-nation in the 'terrible zombie' section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Retried the 100 after all the positive remarks on here.
    I am sorry its awful , like super bad.
    I gave up after one season before and just powered through Season 2 , I dislike everybody in the Arc so much.
    The main protagonists should all be killed for war crimes and to cleanse the gene pool of such unbelievable stupidity.
    the rest too should be killed for letting the leaders remain in power when they make such monumental C*ck ups happen again and again and again.

Its a pity as another poster stated , there is probably a good story lurking in there , but killed by such unlikable leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Retried the 100 after all the positive remarks on here.
    I am sorry its awful , like super bad.
    I gave up after one season before and just powered through Season 2 , I dislike everybody in the Arc so much.
    The main protagonists should all be killed for war crimes and to cleanse the gene pool of such unbelievable stupidity.
    the rest too should be killed for letting the leaders remain in power when they make such monumental C*ck ups happen again and again and again.

Its a pity as another poster stated , there is probably a good story lurking in there , but killed by such unlikable leads.
    it's all different strokes for different folks. I watched 6 episodes. Of the leftovers I'll never get those back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I gave up on the last man on earth after 3 episodes , is there enough to it to give it another chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I gave up on the last man on earth after 3 episodes , is there enough to it to give it another chance ?
    I had an issue with Phil (
    Tandy
    ) being unbearably annoying. It doesn't stop, but it becomes a significant part of the story which I feel has really improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Elementary has been renewed for a 5th season. Over the moon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Great news only picked this up recently so on the middle of season 3 loving it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not surprised; season 4 has been an improvement and popular. I was worried where it was going to go with the ending of season 3 but it worked out a lot better then I feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nody wrote: »
    Not surprised; season 4 has been an improvement and popular. I was worried where it was going to go with the ending of season 3 but it worked out a lot better then I feared.

I was worried when they moved it to Sunday from Thursday so it's a relief to have it renewed. Good chance to see if the ratings improve with Sunday viewing!

• Advertisement

CBS also renews Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Madam Secretary, Mom, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, 2 Broke Girls, Survivor and The Amazing Race

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

CBS also renews Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Madam Secretary, Mom, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, 2 Broke Girls, Survivor and The Amazing Race

The big part of CBS announcement is the shows they haven't announced are up for renewal yet, like Criminal Minds, CSI: Cyber, Supergirl, Limitless and Code Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Cyber is dead imho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

sioda wrote: »
    Cyber is dead imho.

I watched the first series and watched the first episode of the second, there was so many things wrong with it at that stage I just gave up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Clareman wrote: »
    I watched the first series and watched the first episode of the second, there was so many things wrong with it at that stage I just gave up.
    Impressive; I gave up after two episodes on season 1 wondering how the heck this even made it to TV in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm a big fan of Blue Bloods, but I think the sixth season needs to be the last. Too many episodes (22 per season) and it becomes like a soap opera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mr E wrote: »

Anyone watching this? Very likable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone know what Sky channel is covering Bates Motel season 4? And when?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Anyone watching this? Very likable show.

The family are big fans. Good cast, must get round to watching it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone know what Sky channel is covering Bates Motel season 4? And when?

Universal Channel - 05 April @ 9pm

Advertisement