Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Has Agent Carter been renewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    It has a strong ending (a complete story), with a small hook for season 2. Worth watching the whole season.

Chances of season 2 are slim to none.

You mean to say no Second Chance for it, is slim to none :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Sleepy Hollow is gone to the dogs. It's time to put this puppy down

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Girlfriends Guide to Divorce renewed for 3 more seasons.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/girlfriends-guide-to-divorce-renewed-season-3-4-5-bravo-1201752455/

No, I don't watch it either. :)
    Must be doing really well for Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Has Agent Carter been renewed?

No news on that front it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah want an Agent Careter and Galavant renewal. Of course I'd say Carter has more chance. Though it was believed Galavant was done after one season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm annoyed that Limitless is on that list. I hope that gets renewed. It's a good show, and it's fun. I stopped watching Blindspot and Quantico. I just couldn't get into them. Limitless was the only main run show I stuck with this year. It's just a great 'turn your brain off' fun fest.

Not surprised to see The Grinder there despite the cast. It's dropped way down my watch list. It should be way funnier but it's formulaic as hell and a pretty average show IMHO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

squonk wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that Limitless is on that list. I hope that gets renewed. It's a good show, and it's fun. I stopped watching Blindspot and Quantico. I just couldn't get into them. Limitless was the only main run show I stuck with this year. It's just a great 'turn your brain off' fun fest.
    I'm the other way around; Limitless is a show I'd not miss if it goes away while Blindspot at least has developed a complex plot while Limitless plot could be written by a five year old...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I find Blind spot's plot to be daft beyond belief and the show is filled with an unlikable poe faced depressing cast. They seem to think grimacing constantly equates to tension.

Limitless though is really fun and the cast are really likable , I am way more interested in where Limitless might go and when they do have a serious moment , the cast are far better positioned to engage the audience.

As a Mcguffin , I find the pill far more realistic than a tattoo that is 6 months out of date predicting terrorist events

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Limitless though is really fun and the cast are really likable , I am way more interested in where Limitless might go and when they do have a serious moment , the cast are far better positioned to engage the audience.
    Serious moment? Like when talking to himself? Having the main bad guy execute a plot that none of these so called super smart people could expect or foresee would happen (which was telegraphed for how many episodes?)? This is beyond the pot smoking, sorry, pill taking reflections with monologues and speeding around making silly "jokes". I find the whole cast beyond the bad guys to be utterly boring and very much one dimensional unlike Blindspot where they are multiple relationships at various levels all going haywire at the same time (yea the tattoo part is a bit daft but it works as an excuse to pull the episodes together); sorry for the rant but I simply can't take it even as funny serious :/ (at least Elementary knows not to take itself to serious or be heavy on the moral lessons).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭squonk

I can't agree. I watched several episodes of Blinkdspot and the tattoos were, frankly, unbelievable. What's worse, they pick a tattoo, decode it and discover it relates to something actually in progress that week or, they have something in progress that week, somebody walkes into a room going "You know what, this relates to one of the tattoos on yer wan'. I found the cast very boring and uninspiring. The show doesn't realy sparkle at all. Watching it felt like a drudge which was why I called time on it.

Limitless does have it's serious spots and they work well. It's no less silly in it's premise than The Blindspot but the pills concept has a daily reset on it so they can try out something different each week. They don't take themselves too seriously and that makes the show much more likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i started quantico blindspot and limitless this year, only 3 series and said id leave it at that,

i dropped quantico after about 5 episodes, just to convoluted all together,

blindspot had a great start right from the get go, looked like a solid action show, with a great mystery storyline, which really hasnt come to fruition, it got renewed to early and i think their after slowing the story down deliberately to drag it out and its shows big time, im still watching, though 2 or 3 episodes behind, so its just about keeping my attention, it would wanna finish strong for me to come back next season, the last 2 years i find it a lot easier to drop shows that arent pulling their weight, and this one isnt pulling it weight, that plane episode was kind of a shark jumping moment, but ill give them the benefit of the doubt that they have a plan,

limitless while overall storywise seemed the weakest of the 3 at the start, its procedural and fun element kept me interested and put it well on top of the others for me, and its story has now progressed much faster than i thought it would, i wouldnt have thought bradley coopers character would be around so much and every time he shows up the story moves along quite fast, it has a much better overall cast with 3 or 4 storys running at one time, and it still happy to experiment with its formula which has been pretty good, only 1 episode so far i would say has been bad,

out of the 3, i think limitless procedural element gives it the better longevity, quantico is just the new revenge, it was just a drama overload, so really not my thing, blindspot has the action element going for it, but its story isnt strong enough for a multiple season show, i stand to be corrected, but i just cant see it,

in other news, Fear the walking dead has been renewed for season 3

http://tvline.com/2016/04/15/fear-the-walking-dead-renewed-season-3-at-amc/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

squonk wrote: »

Thanks...On the back of this post I started watching Limitless last Saturday. All caught up now..very enjoyable show.
    Kinda struggling with Quantico and Blindspot myself also...falling behind in them as lost interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Snatch to get a tv remake.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/snatch-tv-series-in-the-works-730687.html

Crackle has a TV series version of Snatch in the works, which plans to take inspiration from the movie while forging its own path. Here's the synopsis:
    "Much like the television series, ‘Fargo,’ Crackle will carry the spirit of the setting in the original feature film, while creating a new world born from the original movie.
    Informed by a real life gold bullion heist in London, the show centers on a group of twenty-something, up and coming hustlers who stumble upon a truck load of stolen gold bullion and are suddenly thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime.
    The boys must quickly learn to navigate the treacherous waters of London’s underworld as rogue cops, gypsy fighters, international mobsters and local villains descend."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

ken wrote: »
    Snatch to get a tv remake.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/snatch-tv-series-in-the-works-730687.html

Crackle has a TV series version of Snatch in the works, which plans to take inspiration from the movie while forging its own path. Here's the synopsis:
    "Much like the television series, ‘Fargo,’ Crackle will carry the spirit of the setting in the original feature film, while creating a new world born from the original movie.
    Informed by a real life gold bullion heist in London, the show centers on a group of twenty-something, up and coming hustlers who stumble upon a truck load of stolen gold bullion and are suddenly thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime.
    The boys must quickly learn to navigate the treacherous waters of London’s underworld as rogue cops, gypsy fighters, international mobsters and local villains descend."

wow- hopefully Brick Top will play Brick Top, if you know what I mean

how many's that then
    Limitless
    Rush Hour
    Fargo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

12 Monkeys

and there was already a Lock Stock miniseries

• Registered Users Posts: 85,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MTV has renewed The Shannara Chronicles

BBC has axed Dickensian

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    BBC has axed Dickensian

how Dickensian of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Krypton

Superman Prequel Drama ‘Krypton’ Ordered to Pilot at Syfy
    David S. Goyer project has been in development since 2014
    Syfy is nearing a deal to order long-gestating Superman prequel series “Krypton” to pilot, TheWrap has learned.
    The Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics one-hour drama, which has been in development at the cable network since 2014, is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet. Krypton will follow Superman’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.

Damian Kindle will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Colm McCarthy will direct.
    Ian Goldberg wrote the “Krypton” pilot for Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics, which is based on a story he and David S. Goyer created.
    “We’re treating ‘Krypton’ like it’s a historical piece,” Goyer said previously of the project. “We look to previous cultures on Earth to model what that would be like.”

http://www.thewrap.com/superman-prequel-drama-krypton-ordered-to-pilot-at-syfy/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley and VEEP have all been renewed by HbO

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-silicon-valley-veep-renewed-at-hbo-1201758334/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

don ramo wrote: »
    Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley and VEEP have all been renewed by HbO
    Nearly finished VEEP Season 4, so this is welcome news that I'll have at least two more. Also great news on Silicon Valley.

I think Game of Thrones renewal was assumed by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

More Wet Hot American Summer on the way on Netflix next year. Can't wait.

http://renewcanceltv.com/wet-hot-american-summer-renewed-for-sequel-series-ten-years-later/

The Punisher

Netflix orders The Punisher series.
    Confirming reports from earlier this year that it was in development (though Marvel downplayed the possibility at the time), The Punisher - as introduced in Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - is getting his own Netflix spinoff series.

As first reported by Entertainment Weekly, Jon Bernthal will be reprising his role as the tortured vigilante, while Steve Lightfoot, who served as a writer and executive producer on Hannibal, will be showrunner on the series.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from Marvel’s Daredevil,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb in a press release, “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring Marvel’s The Punisher to Netflix.”

Said Lightfoot, in a statement, “For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world. After watching Jon’s performance in Marvel’s Daredevil I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/netflix-orders-the-punisher-series

The Punisher

Netflix orders The Punisher series.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/netflix-orders-the-punisher-series

Excellent news.

Undateable cancelled over at NBC. Could see it coming, but it was a fun show and I thought the LIVE aspect really worked for it and was quite unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Undateable cancelled over at NBC. Could see it coming, but it was a fun show and I thought the LIVE aspect really worked for it and was quite unique.

It was in the stars that this get canceled but still it's a shame, I liked the format, the fun they had with the live format but I guess it was to unique for american audiences.

• Advertisement

The Handmaid’s Tale

Hulu Orders ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Series Starring Elisabeth Moss from MGM TV
    Hulu announced a straight-to-series order for “The Handmaid’s Tale,” a drama from MGM Television starring Elisabeth Moss.

The series, based on the 1985 bestselling novel of the same name by Margaret Atwood, will debut its first season on Hulu in 2017. Moss (“Mad Men,” “Truth,” “Top of the Lake”) will play Offred, a one of the caste of Handmaids who are forced into sexual servitude by the male-dominated Gilead totalitarian regime as a last desperate attempt to repopulate a devastated world.

The show will be created, executive produced and written by Bruce Miller (“The 100”) with Daniel Wilson (“The Handmaid’s Tale” movie), Fran Sears (“Sophisticated Gents”) and Warren Littlefield (“Fargo”) serving as executive producers.

“I am thrilled that MGM and Hulu are developing ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ as a series, and extra thrilled that the very talented Elisabeth Moss will be playing the central character,” said Atwood, who will serve as consulting producer for the series. She added that she’s read the first two scripts and found them “excellent.”

“Hulu has established itself as a home for blockbuster television events and what better way to expand our originals offering than with a series based on this acclaimed, bestselling novel,” said Craig Erwich, Hulu’s senior VP and head of content. “Margaret Atwood’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ was seen as ahead of its time and we look forward to bringing it to life on our platform.”

The “Handmaid’s Tale” series is produced by MGM Television and marks the first collaboration on an original series with Hulu. The series is slated to go into production later this year.

“‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ is a project that we have been committed to bringing to life as its story remains as powerful today as it did when Margaret first published her novel,” Mark Burnett, president of MGM’s Television and Digital Group, and Steve Stark, president of television development and production at MGM, said in a joint statement. “‘Handmaid’s Tale’ has won multiple awards inspiring a film, a graphic novel, an opera, a ballet and finally, for the first time, a compellingly immersive drama series that has found the perfect home at Hulu and its star in Elisabeth Moss.”

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/hulu-handmaids-tale-series-elisabeth-moss-1201763707/

Advertisement