Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Castle (once a show I really liked) has totally been awful this season. Like truly bad, shark-jumping awful. I'd like to see it get a short order to wrap things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Didn't realise the Muppets was cancelled :(. I'll miss it. I don't think it was that bad. I also supsect though that, as one of my friends stateside told me, "I don't want to hear about Fozzy's sex life". It might just be tackling too many adult themes to keep those of us who grew up with the more inoocent Muppet Show back in the day happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought Muppets was still a bubble show. I watched the first few episodes but dropped it because I wasn't enjoying it. But watched the first couple episodes after its break when it went through a soft reboot and thought it was vastly improved.

For Castle (I'm watching on Alibi), it seems they're bringing Alexis more to the fore with regards the crime solving. So a way to keep the name of the show if Nathan leaves?

2 shows I want back are Agent Carter and the excellent Galavant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think the muppets is still on the bubble. I read online two days ago;
    With such poor ratings, you’d think that The Muppets would automatically be cancelled. However, Disney owns the Muppets characters so the corporation (which also owns ABC) has a vested interest in keeping the show on the air.

We likely won’t know the show’s fate until May when the networks announce their plans for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Skerries wrote: »
    ABC Renewed

Grey's Anatomy
    Scandal
    How to Get Away With Murder
    The Goldbergs
    Once Upon a Time
    Fresh Off the Boat
    Quantico
    Modern Family
    Agents of SHIELD

Left on the Bubble

Agent Carter
    Castle,
    Nashville,
    Galavant,
    American Crime,
    Last Man Standing
    The Muppets

Blood and Oil and Wicked City already cancelled.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-renewals-once-goldbergs-quantico-872554

The Middle and Black-ish also got renewed in that big ABC renewals announcement.

It was a smart move to renew them all last night, since a fair of their dramas (Agents of SHIELD, Once Upon A Time, Quantico) are returning from a 3-month break next week and renewing them is as good a way as any to remind people of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I really hope Agent Carter gets renewed , I really like all the cast , much more so than the Agents of shield show

Really need to know what happened at the end and where Missy ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I really hope Agent Carter gets renewed , I really like all the cast , much more so than the Agents of shield show

Really need to know what happened at the end and where Missy ended up.

It was great this season but apparently no-one is watching it.

Hopefully the new Morse & Hunter show doesn't steal her thunder. I know there's far too many comic book shows on TV these days but iZombie and Carter both deserve a renewal for being completely and consistently excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Nashville gets renewed

In regard to Castle, are the two leads Nathan and Stana fighting off screen, their scenes together seem to be decreasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    In regard to Castle, are the two leads Nathan and Stana fighting off screen, their scenes together seem to be decreasing

Not good for a while by several accounts. (Gossip sites admittedly!)

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/83139/20150429/castle-season-7-news-nathan-fillion-stana-katic-having-tension-on-set-amid-contract-negotiations-video.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement

AMC renews Into The Badlands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

AMC renews Into The Badlands
    Despite some hokie acting from the main it was really entertaining. Glad to hear it.

The Tick has been ordered to pilot at Amazon
    http://www.thewrap.com/amazon-revives-the-tick-with-pilot-order/

Huzzah!

The CW just renewed their entire prime-time schedule. Excellent news. Arguably the best non-cable network in the US these days. :D

The 100, Supernatural, iZombie, Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign, Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will all be back next season.

http://renewcanceltv.com/the-100-reign-crazy-ex-girlfriend-izombie-7-more-series-renewed-by-the-cw/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very very good.... I was worried about some of them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great: All the DC shows renewed (no surprise)! More iZombie! And more of 'The 100' (near Season 2's end and it's one of the most improved shows from its debut season that I've watched).

However...I feel 'Supernatural' should bow out this season. It seems to be wrapping up a lot of arcs nicely and is on a stronger season than years.

ixoy wrote: »
    Great: All the DC shows renewed (no surprise)! More iZombie! And more of 'The 100' (near Season 2's end and it's one of the most improved shows from its debut season that I've watched).

However...I feel 'Supernatural' should bow out this season. It seems to be wrapping up a lot of arcs nicely and is on a stronger season than years.

If they can keep up the quality of this season, I'm happy for Supernatural to keep running.

As for The 100, glad to hear you're still enjoying it. Season 3 gets even better again - it's one of those shows that just continues to improve. Looking forward to hear your thoughts in The 100 thread once you're all caught up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I never got into The 100, watched the first few episodes but it struck me as the same old CW fare of pretty teenagers in trouble, I might give it a second go. I'm currently 7 episodes into House of Cards series 4 so I'm on the look out for something to watch from next week on :D

Clareman wrote: »
    I never got into The 100, watched the first few episodes but it struck me as the same old CW fare of pretty teenagers in trouble, I might give it a second go. I'm currently 7 episodes into House of Cards series 4 so I'm on the look out for something to watch from next week on :D

First 5 episodes are very CW (of old) by numbers, but if you can get through that first 5 episode hump, it gets consistently better by the episode. If you like shows like Battlestar Galactica or LOST (before it got a bit silly) then The 100 is essentially a combination of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I had written off the 100 early on, but it really picks up, and it's pretty far removed from your typical teen angsty fare - as the show gathers pace it goes darker, darker places and explores morality a huge deal.

Clareman wrote: »
    I never got into The 100, watched the first few episodes but it struck me as the same old CW fare of pretty teenagers in trouble, I might give it a second go:D
    Go further. I knew from the posters here, and from io9, that it got better so I gave them the benefit of my doubt and am really glad I have. It gets stronger in the first season and then another big leap in the second and am happy to see the third is meant to continue the thread.
    Reminds me of say 'Fringe' or 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D' in terms of a quality leap between first and second seasons.

Even a bad episode of Supernatural (don't think there is any btw) is miles better that some of the sh*te on other channels

Even a bad episode of Supernatural (don't think there is any btw) is miles better that some of the sh*te on other channels
    True but I am of the mind shows should go out on top, like 'Justified' did for example.

Having said that, it's incredible that I can still enjoy a show like this in its eleventh season. I think the chemistry between the actors is perfect and that can make even a weak episode work just by having a couple of Dean and Sam moments. It's just that they might struggle to go with a decent story arc after this season (that or drag out this season's arc as I imagine they're not finished filming).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah, it's good news on the CW renewals

Also: ‘Supergirl’ Will Be Renewed for Season 2, Says CBS Boss

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought Muppets was still a bubble show. I watched the first few episodes but dropped it because I wasn't enjoying it. But watched the first couple episodes after its break when it went through a soft reboot and thought it was vastly improved.

For Castle (I'm watching on Alibi), it seems they're bringing Alexis more to the fore with regards the crime solving. So a way to keep the name of the show if Nathan leaves?

2 shows I want back are Agent Carter and the excellent Galavant.

Same here, Alexis was missing a lot the last season, cos at school, but the decision for her to stay local @ a NYC college was made in the last season, so to see her take a more prominent role investigating with her dad is very interesting inc the extra female investigator, who's name ive forgotten.
    It was great this season but apparently no-one is watching it.

Hopefully the new Morse & Hunter show doesn't steal her thunder. I know there's far too many comic book shows on TV these days but iZombie and Carter both deserve a renewal for being completely and consistently excellent.

What are the ratings for it, as i assume it's only a few weeks behind US, as i'm watching it on Fox. When's Morse & Hunter coming on?

It is strange though the way Kate broke off with him at the start of the season for her own reasons?

Mr E wrote: »
    Very very good.... I was worried about some of them!
    Same, but delighted iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are getting another season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The CW just renewed their entire prime-time schedule. Excellent news. Arguably the best non-cable network in the US these days. :D

The 100, Supernatural, iZombie, Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign, Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will all be back next season.

http://renewcanceltv.com/the-100-reign-crazy-ex-girlfriend-izombie-7-more-series-renewed-by-the-cw/

I'll watch pretty much anything just to have a series on the go but all those are just terrible...

Legends of Tomorrow is the worst acting and writing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

iZombie has some of the cleverest writing out there, the Flash is the best superhero show on network TV and The 100 is one of the smartest Sci-Fi shows around.

Mr E wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

iZombie has some of the cleverest writing out there, the Flash is the best superhero show on network TV and The 100 is one of the smartest Sci-Fi shows around.
    You've sold me on The 100. I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

I'll go along with Thargor. I like iZombie as bubblegum TV but it's easy to be clever if you're parodying genres or character types as the show does. I like ths how but it's in my filler pile really. I gave up on the 100. I might reconsider that based on the comments here but I couldn't get away from the pretty teens in crisis angle really. Legends of Tomorrow is pure tosh really. If it didn't have a DC lineage to fall back on it'd barely have gotten past pilot I reckon. The Flash is pretty good for sure and it's the best of the CW Superhero shows.

Advertisement