Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

sioda wrote: »
    Great news only picked this up recently so on the middle of season 3 loving it.

Sadly gave up on this afaik 2nd season? preferred Sherlock, until it became the Pain in the Arse, so what season of Elementary is on tv now?
    Clareman wrote: »
    I watched the first series and watched the first episode of the second, there was so many things wrong with it at that stage I just gave up.

RTE are finishing 1st season next Fri nite, as i never actually got to watch, but yer man 'Dawson' is unbearable to watch!
    Anyone watching this? Very likable show.

I usually watch it on demand later on, as it is likeable, was wondering if only 1 season as he's going back to Cold Feet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

RTE are finishing 1st season next Fri nite, as i never actually got to watch, but yer man 'Dawson' is unbearable to watch!

Throw in anti-static bags that fix everything and the big bad black web you have a terrible show, but the first series was only 12 episodes or something and was first aired when there was nothing else on, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sadly gave up on this afaik 2nd season? preferred Sherlock, until it became the Pain in the Arse, so what season of Elementary is on tv now?

RTE are on Season 4. They are only a few episodes behind America.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The family are big fans. Good cast, must get round to watching it myself.

Must give this a look, renewed for season 2 as well...
    Mars Bar wrote: »

Is this worth it? Or is it a variation of Castle??

lordgoat wrote: »

Well, I'm a HUGE fan of the show so I of course would say it's worth it! :D
    Some of the episodes can be procedural and sometimes Sherlock's deduction skills are almost unrealistic but the character development and dialogue is superb. Lucy Liu is outstanding as Joan Watson!

I've never seen Castle so couldn't tell ya.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

lordgoat wrote: »
    Well 'Castle' has gone to the dogs this season whereas 'Elementary' is still on top form so quality wise, it's well ahead.

Tone wise, it's different. 'Castle' is far more light hearted. 'Elementary' is not just more serious but I think the crimes are better thought out as are their resolutions for the most, with 'Castle' jumping about a lot more. Also no irritating will-they/won't-they between the leads.
    And on top of that you've got a stellar performance in the lead. And yes, I like his performance more than Cumberbatch's which is a little bit one note of late (mostly due to the latter weak scripts).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Thanks mars and ioxy - season 1 here we go....

I think the last season i saw was Natalie Dormer as
    Moriarty, i don' know if that's a spoiler or not?

But should be fun i hear with John Noble (Walter Bishop - Fringe) how was that?
    ixoy wrote: »
    Well 'Castle' has gone to the dogs this season whereas 'Elementary' is still on top form so quality wise, it's well ahead.

Tone wise, it's different. 'Castle' is far more light hearted. 'Elementary' is not just more serious but I think the crimes are better thought out as are their resolutions for the most, with 'Castle' jumping about a lot more. Also no irritating will-they/won't-they between the leads.
    And on top of that you've got a stellar performance in the lead. And yes, I like his performance more than Cumberbatch's which is a little bit one note of late (mostly due to the latter weak scripts).

I'd heard the two had a spat, strange as that's how the start of the season has gone (watching on Alibi) as both are separated for certain reasons, & now bringing in extra characters & the daughter's back as well!

I think the last season i saw was Natalie Dormer as
    Moriarty, i don' know if that's a spoiler or not?

Well she appeared in season 2 but most of her story was in season 1.
    But should be fun i hear with John Noble (Walter Bishop - Fringe) how was that?

John Noble does a very good Morland Holmes! I'm not sure what his end game is yet but it's gonna get interesting between Joan and himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Natalie Dormer and John Noble appear in Elementary you say?

Sign me up for some of that :D

• Advertisement

Well she appeared in season 2 but most of her story was in season 1.

John Noble does a very good Morland Holmes! I'm not sure what his end game is yet but it's gonna get interesting between Joan and himself!

Thanks, i wasn't too sure which season it was, she was good in it, is she scheduled to appear again, as don't think she was in s02 for long.

I'd heard from tv ads he was Holmes dad come to heal a rift btwn Holmes & Watson, as didn't he have another person to help him in S03?
    Is that right?

Probably catch up with it on demand.

Natalie Dormer and John Noble appear in Elementary you say?

Sign me up for some of that :D

Yup! Rhys Ifans is Mycroft too.
    Thanks, i wasn't too sure which season it was, she was good in it, is she scheduled to appear again, as don't think she was in s02 for long.

I'd heard from tv ads he was Holmes dad come to heal a rift btwn Holmes & Watson, as didn't he have another person to help him in S03?
    Is that right?

Probably catch up with it on demand.

He's not back to heal a rift between Holmes and Watson but if I was to explain further then it would be spoiler land. I'm also aware we're well off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NBC renews Grimm for a 6th season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    NBC renews Grimm for a 6th season
    I'm glad but this season not great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm enjoying it but I'm not too interested in the captain's mayoral bid and Trouble & Juilet's new hi-tech super team is kind of taking away from the original charm of the show for me.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I've only seen Lucifer, enjoyed it so far, tv execs really want to give Tom Ellis a shot at tv, considering his last show Rush didn't make it to S02

Still in contention and very much on the bubble are freshman comedies Grandfathered, starring John Stamos, and The Grinder, Rob Lowe, with likely one of them making it to Season 2. Not expected to continue are the other freshmen Fox series, dramas Second Chance and Minority Report and comedies Cooper Barrett’s Guide To Surviving Life and Bordertown.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭squonk

Funny. Rosewood isn't setting me on fire. I gave up a while ago. Lucifer isn't really killing it either in my book but I've episodes to catch up on. It did seem to be improving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

squonk wrote: »
    Funny. Rosewood isn't setting me on fire. I gave up a while ago. Lucifer isn't really killing it either in my book but I've episodes to catch up on. It did seem to be improving.
    It has improved from the first few episodes and I enjoy it as a popcorn show with a interesting enough meta story moving along.

Jericho cancelled after 8 ep, labelled as ITV's 1st & probably last western :rolleyes:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-09/jessica-raine-and-hans-matheson-drama-jericho-axed-by-itv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Jericho cancelled after 8 ep, labelled as ITV's 1st & probably last western :rolleyes:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-09/jessica-raine-and-hans-matheson-drama-jericho-axed-by-itv

not surprised, it wasn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

not surprised, it wasn't great

Cast was ok, storylines got worse!
    Mr E wrote: »

I thought it was with Top Gear coming up, he wanted to finish, until i read he has another comedy coming up :confused:

FXX has renewed Man Seeking Woman for a third season

Fox has renewed New Girl for a sixth season

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Can't find anything on it myself, was wondering does anyone know if Limitless is getting a season 2?

http://seriable.com/limitless-cancelled-or-renewed-for-season-2/

Current Status: CBS has yet to cancel or renew Limitless for Season 2. Check back to be first to find out when the new drama series is cancelled or renewed for a second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Was second chance definitely cancelled? I just watched pilot which was good, won't bother with the rest if it's gone...or does it have a decent ending??

It has a strong ending (a complete story), with a small hook for season 2. Worth watching the whole season.

Chances of season 2 are slim to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thanks, will finish it so.

Advertisement