Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Ranch

Netflix Renews Ashton Kutcher’s ‘The Ranch’ for Season 2

https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/726185073687425024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Ranch

It got a roasting on here but I gave the season a watch and liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,943 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It got a roasting on here but I gave the season a watch and liked it.

I really liked it too.

Very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Path renewed for Season 2.
    The Mindy Project renewed for Season 5.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/683361-hulu-greenlights-the-path-season-2-and-the-mindy-project-season-5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great news about Mindy Project

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

The Ranch

I watched the first episode. It didn't set my world on fire I have to admit but I'll get back to it. The canned laughter is a bit jarring. I don't think it needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,470 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Meh. If any show needs a big shakeup, it's that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mr E wrote: »
    Meh. If any show needs a big shakeup, it's that one.

It's still doing exceptionally well in the ratings though. Another NCIS type show. Loved Minds years back. Haven't seen it now in several seasons. Is it worth a watch from a popcorn brain at the door type viewing? Or has it truly gone to crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Undateable cancelled over at NBC. Could see it coming, but it was a fun show and I thought the LIVE aspect really worked for it and was quite unique.
    It was in the stars that this get canceled but still it's a shame, I liked the format, the fun they had with the live format but I guess it was to unique for american audiences.

Apparently the initial report I heard was false and Undateable still stands a fighting chance (albeit a slim one). Hope it gets another run somewhere on NBC schedule next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RealiTea

Some good ones

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Community‘s Danny Pudi and Firefly‘s Alan Tudyk have joined the DC Comics-infused sitcom pilot Powerless as series regulars for NBC - Source TV Line

NBC has given it a series order

Powerless stars Vanessa Hudgens as Emily, a spunky young insurance adjuster specializing in regular-people coverage against damage caused by the crime-fighting superheroes. Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi and Christina Kirk also star.
    The comedy is written and executive produced by Ben Queen serves as writer and executive producer. Michael Patrick Jann directed the pilot and executive produces. The series, the first comedy set in the DC universe, is produced by Warner Bros. Television.

http://www.thewrap.com/nbc-orders-comedies-powerless-trial-error-to-series/

Supergirl renewed for season 2 on The CW not CBS

CSI Cyber cancelled

Chicago Justice picked up at NBC for next season (joining Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med).
    The latest addition in the “Chicago” franchise, the legal drama will follow the prosecutors and investigators located at the Cook County State’s Attorney Office, as they navigate through corruption and crime to find justice in their cases.

As well as stealing Supergirl away from CBS, The CW has ordered Riverdale, Frequency, and No Tomorrow to series.
    “Riverdale” is a live-action adaptation of the Archie comics with Cole Sprouse, Lili Reinhart and Luke Perry headlining the cast.
    “Frequency” is based on the 2000 movie of the same name and centers on a police detective (Peyton List, “Mad Men,” “The Tomorrow People”) who discovers she can communicate via ham radio with her dead father (Riley Smith, “Nashville”).
    “No Tomorrow” is a dramedy about a straitlaced young woman who falls for a guy who doesn’t think beyond the present — because he thinks the apocalypse is imminent. Tori Anderson and Josh Sasse (“Galavant”) star.

Where The CW is gonna find room for all these shows on it's already bursting at the seams schedule, is beyond me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Supergirl renewed for season 2 on The CW not CBS
    So does this mean that they can now cross-over with 'The Flash' and 'Legends of Tomorrow' more easily?

ixoy wrote: »
    So does this mean that they can now cross-over with 'The Flash' and 'Legends of Tomorrow' more easily?

Yes. Once they get over the story parameters they set in place themselves this season, ie.
    Supergirl only existing in a parallel universe to the Arrow-verse characters

They're also moving the filming of Supergirl from LA to Vancouver, where Arrow, The Flash and Legends is finished, so Season 2 could look slightly different and there's a possibility that Calista Flockhart may not make the move apparently (presumably she has more ties in LA than the rest of the cast - does she have young kids or something?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmmm, does that No Tomorrow mean there's no more Galavant? :(

Nashville cancelled by ABC

The Catch renewed for season 2 by ABC

Real O'Neals renewed by ABC for Season 2

Yes. Once they get over the story parameters they set in place themselves this season, ie.
    It looks like I'm going to have to watch the fourth CW DC show then. I kind of previously ignored it, except for the cross over, as there wasn't a feeling they were connected that much in style or setting.. but this move really brings it into the fold. And there's already ways established to make it a more solid connection and have multiple cross overs.

• Advertisement

It looks like I'm going to have to watch the fourth CW DC show then. I kind of previously ignored it, except for the cross over, as there wasn't a feeling they were connected that much in style or setting.. but this move really brings it into the fold. And there's already ways established to make it a more solid connection and have multiple cross overs.

You mean 5th DC show right? Although not connected to the Arrow-verse shows, iZombie is a DC property.

Agent Carter and Castle cancelled.

Agent Carter
    BOOOOOOO! I'm not remotely surprised but BOOO.
    and Castle cancelled.
    Wuhoo! It's been awful this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/the-exorcist-lethal-weapon-making-history-pitch-the-mick-apb-fox-series-orders-1201752948/

‘The Exorcist’, ‘Lethal Weapon’, ‘Making History’, ‘Pitch’, ‘The Mick’ & ‘APB’ Get Fox Series Orders

THE EXORCIST
    STUDIO: 20th Century Fox TV/Morgan Creek Productions
    TEAM: Jeremy Slater (w, ep), James Robinson (ep), David Robinson (ep), Barbara Wall (ep), Rolin Jones (ep), Rupert Wyatt (d)
    LOGLINE: More than four decades after the Academy Award-nominated film solidified itself as the greatest horror movie ever made, The Exorcist returns in series format as a propulsive psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession.
    CAST: Alfonso Herrera, Ben Daniels, Geena Davis, Brianne Howey, Hannah Kasulka, Kurt Egyiawan

LETHAL WEAPON
    STUDIO: Warner Bros TV/Lin Pictures/Good Session Productions
    TEAM: Matt Miller (w, ep), Dan Lin (ep), McG (d, ep), Jennifer Gwartz (ep)
    LOGLINE: Lethal Weapon rides along with classic cop duo Martin Riggs (Clayne Crawford) and Roger Murtaugh (Damon Wayans, Sr.) as they work a crime-ridden beat in modern-day Los Angeles. Based on the hit movie franchise.
    CAST: Clayne Crawford, Damon Wayans Sr., Keesha Sharp, Jordana Brewster, Kevin Rahm

Can't wait for these two.

The Grinder cancelled by FOX.

I'm sad now, this was the one I really wanted to see get an unexpected renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Supergirl only existing in a parallel universe to the Arrow-verse characters

They're also moving the filming of Supergirl from LA to Vancouver, where Arrow, The Flash and Legends is finished, so Season 2 could look slightly different and there's a possibility that Calista Flockhart may not make the move apparently (presumably she has more ties in LA than the rest of the cast - does she have young kids or something?)

In case Harrison Ford get's injured again :P
    BOOOOOOO! I'm not remotely surprised but BOOO.

Wuhoo! It's been awful this season.

sadly it won't, but the way they treated Stana Katic, wasn't great?

Btw: On a similar note Muppets cancelled

& Containment has been put out of it's misery!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It's annoying that Castle won't get a proper conclusion.

They have filmed two endings just in case, so there should be some closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

getting everything out of the way before the upfronts.

Shame about Carter. Hope they wrap things up in Agents through flashbacks.

Not worried about Castle. Just watching for the sake of it really. Now for that Firefly return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Agent Carter and Castle cancelled.

Really pissed about Agent Carter. Great cast with great chemistry. Above all, it was fun to watch, much more than I can say for SHIELD. Balls anyway.

Advertisement