Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Parks and Recreation Mike Schur's new sitcom Good Place with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell straight to series order for NBC

The sitcom that centers on Bell’s character Eleanor, a New Jersey woman who comes to realize that she hasn’t been a very good person. She decides to turn over a new leaf by learning what it actually means to be “good” or “bad,” and then trying to make up for her past behavior.
    Danson plays Michael, who, through an unlikely set of circumstances, comes to be Eleanor’s guide through her self-designed self-improvement course.

Source

Sounds a lot like My Name is Earl

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robot Wars

A rebooted Robot Wars is coming back on BBC Two
    "​If there's one thing that your television license ensures, It's robot mayhem, on Robot Wars!​"

If those immortal words of Craig Charles don't get you excited, then this will: Robot Wars​ is coming back!

BBC Two has commissioned a brand new six-episode series of the classic late 90s/early 2000s entertainment show. In case you were too young to remember, Robot Wars​ saw groups of amateur mechanical wizards and their machines fighting it out in a series of challenges to be crowned the ultimate robotic champion.

The new series promises "more robots, more battles and more science" than before, and will be recorded in a purpose-built fighting arena in Glasgow

It has yet to be confirmed whether longtime host Craig Charles will return for the new series, or whether any of the 'house robots' such as Sir Killalot and Matilda will be making a comeback. We reached out to both and they almost cut our hands off.

You may have forgotten that Jeremy Clarkson actually hosted the first series of Robot Wars​ when it was more about races than biting the crap out of each other.

Robot Wars​ ran for six series on the BBC before moving to Channel 5 for a single run in 2003. Philippa Forrester, Julia Reed and Jayne Middlemiss also co-hosted the show.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a779821/3-2-1-activate-a-rebooted-robot-wars-is-coming-back-on-bbc-two/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Parks and Recreation Mike Schur's new sitcom Good Place with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell straight to series order for NBC

The sitcom that centers on Bell’s character Eleanor, a New Jersey woman who comes to realize that she hasn’t been a very good person. She decides to turn over a new leaf by learning what it actually means to be “good” or “bad,” and then trying to make up for her past behavior.
    Danson plays Michael, who, through an unlikely set of circumstances, comes to be Eleanor’s guide through her self-designed self-improvement course.

Source

Sounds like a lesson of the week thing. I.e. she gave a poor reference to an employee for some sort of personal gain. Now a friend's kid is having trouble getting an interview with someone she knows so she decides to advocate for them. Apparent hilarity ensues. It's the kind of device that bugs me about The Grinder to be honest. I hope to be totally wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and TD turns out to be her guiding angel 'Michael'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Heroes Reborn Not Getting a Season 2

Seems that, maybe there are 1 too many superheroes around :confused:
    Next week’s Heroes Reborn season finale will be a series finale.
    Makes me wonder, why i've fallen behind in this show, it'll give me a chance to catch up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Heroes Reborn Not Getting a Season 2

Seems that, maybe there are 1 too many superheroes around :confused:

Makes me wonder, why i've fallen behind in this show, it'll give me a chance to catch up :rolleyes:
    It's so mediocre that it's actually annoying. All the promise about not repeating the mistakes of the past, and they repeated every. single. one.

Falling Water

USA Picks Up Gale Anne Hurd’s ‘Falling Water’
    USA has picked up to series “Falling Water,” a new fantasy drama from Gale Anne Hurd (“The Walking Dead”), Blake Masters (“Brotherhood”) and Henry Bromell (“Homeland”).
    The pilot was written and co-created by Masters and Bromell and is from Universal Cable Productions (UCP). Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (“28 Weeks Later”) directed the pilot and will also executive produce the series. Bromell and Masters previously teamed up on “Brotherhood” and “Rubicon.”
    David Ajala (“Fast & Furious 6”), Will Yun Lee (“Hawaii 5-0”) and Lizzie Brochere (“American Horror Story: Asylum”) are set to star in the series.
    “Falling Water” is the story of three unrelated people, who slowly realize that they are dreaming separate parts of a single common/”>common dream. Each of them is on a mysterious and highly personal quest — one is searching for his missing girlfriend, one is searching for a lost child, one is looking to cure his catatonic mother — and it is the clues found in their collective dream that come to guide them. The deeper they dig, though, the more they come to realize that their missions touch on stakes that are much larger than their individual agendas. That the visions found in their common/”>common dream just might hold the key to the fate of the world.

http://www.thewrap.com/usa-picks-up-gale-anne-hurds-falling-water/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fox orders pilot for 24: Legacy

Without Jack, as expected.
    As the potential start of a new revamped 24 series, 24: Legacy will revolve around a military hero’s return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back – compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil. Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24), Manny Coto (24) and Evan Katz (24) will serve as executive producers.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/01/15/jack-bauer-less-24-legacy-pilot-ordered-by-fox

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Scream Queens Season 2 confirmed.

Prison Break revival 100% confirmed (there were concerns with Purcell and Miller's availability due to Legends of Tomorrow).

Empire Season 3 confirmed.

The Punisher

Netflix Prepping Marvel ‘Punisher’ Spinoff Starring Jon Bernthal
    Netflix is eyeing yet another Marvel series, as the streaming giant is prepping to spin off Jon Bernthal’s “Daredevil” vigilante Punisher for a series of his own.

Though Bernthal’s character, also known as Frank Castle, has yet to make his debut on the current Netflix series, he will debut in “Daredevil’s” second season, which launches March 18.

Netflix and Marvel declined to comment on “The Punisher” spinoff, first reported by Variety‘s sister site TV Line.

“The Punisher” would mark Netflix’s sixth Marvel show, following Daredevil” and “Jessica Jones” and the upcoming “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist” and “The Defenders.”

Netflix does not release usage numbers, but according to data revealed last year by Variety, “Daredevil” is one of the platform’s most popular shows with an estimated 10.7% of subscribers having watched at least one episode in its first 11 days on the streaming service. According to NBC’s presentation of Netflix numbers this past week, “Jessica Jones” averaged 4.8 million viewers in adults 18-49 during a 35-day viewing cycle, ranking as the most-viewed show for that time period.

Though Netflix declines to comment on numbers, the sources of data showcase Marvel’s success for the streaming service, making “The Punisher” a seamless addition to their programming slate.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-punisher-netflix-jon-bernthal-marvel-spinoff-series-1201681525/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Next year also welcomes season two of “Daredevil,”
    Ummm, isn't it March of this year?

Good news anyway. Though that means the original plan of the 4 standalone series followed by the Defenders series will be changing. Otherwise it could mean we have new season of each every year, along with The Punisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has been renewed for Season 3 by Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

^Season 2, I assume, or did I miss one? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Ah so 2 is already done and dusted, and just around the corner. Excellent.

Altered Carbon

Netflix Picks Up Futuristic Sci-Fi Series ‘Altered Carbon’ Based on Book
    Netflix has picked up a 10-episode series, “Altered Carbon,” based on the 2002 book of the same name, Variety has learned.

The sci-fi series hails from Skydance Television with Laeta Kalogridis writing, exec producing and serving as showrunner. Kalogridis co-wrote the screenplays for Leonardo DiCaprio’s “Shutter Island,” plus “Terminator Genisys” and she’s attached to the sequel for the latter.

Based on Richard K. Morgan’s novel, “Altered Carbon” is set in the 25th century. In the futuristic story, the human mind has been digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to the next. Takeshi Kovacs, a former elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he’ll get a chance at a new life on Earth.

Along with Kalogridis, Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross will also serve as exec producers.

“Altered Carbon” marks a growing slate of Netflix’s dramatic programming, following the psychological thriller “Gypsy.” However, exemplifying the company’s diverse content, Norman Lear’s “One Day At A Time” recently landed a modernized, Latino-twisted reboot at Netflix, which also just ordered a comedy centering around YouTube character Miranda Sings.

The straight-to-series order for “Altered Carbon” gives weight to Netflix boss Ted Sarandos’ recent statements, regarding the streaming giant’s spending plan for this year — at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif. this past weekend, Sarandos said that Netflix would spend about $6 billion on content this year, encompassing original series and movies and acquisitions.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-altered-carbon-series-order-sci-fi-1201683629/

Still Star-Crossed

(ABC should be renamed SRC Shonda Rhimes Channel.)

Shonda Rhimes' Romeo & Juliet Sequel Drama Snags Formal ABC Pilot Order
    The Romeo & Juliet sequel saga you forgot even existed has escaped death at ABC.
    Shondaland’s Still Star-Crossed, a one-hour period drama based on Melinda Taub’s 2013 novel that chronicles the fallout from the legendary lovers’ deadly acts, has snagged a formal pilot order at the Alphabet network.

Heather Mitchell, who has worked on Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, will write and executive-produce, with Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers attached as non-writing EPs.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/21/still-star-crossed-shonda-rhimes-romeo-juliet-sequel-abc/

Still Star-Crossed

(ABC should be renamed SRC Shonda Rhimes Channel.)

Shonda Rhimes' Romeo & Juliet Sequel Drama Snags Formal ABC Pilot Order
    The Romeo & Juliet sequel saga you forgot even existed has escaped death at ABC.
    Shondaland’s Still Star-Crossed, a one-hour period drama based on Melinda Taub’s 2013 novel that chronicles the fallout from the legendary lovers’ deadly acts, has snagged a formal pilot order at the Alphabet network.

Heather Mitchell, who has worked on Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, will write and executive-produce, with Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers attached as non-writing EPs.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/21/still-star-crossed-shonda-rhimes-romeo-juliet-sequel-abc/

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Altered Carbon

Netflix Picks Up Futuristic Sci-Fi Series ‘Altered Carbon’ Based on Book

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-altered-carbon-series-order-sci-fi-1201683629/

The biggest news I take from that article has to be the Miranda Sings series. My daughter and her friends are obsessed by Miranda... and annoyingly enough, I'm starting to think that her videos might actually be really funny. Mostly I'm just middle aged and confused when I watch them. Anyway, point is that show if it gets her youtube following is going to fecking HUGE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

James74 wrote: »
    The biggest news I take from that article has to be the Miranda Sings series. My daughter and her friends are obsessed by Miranda... and annoyingly enough, I'm starting to think that her videos might actually be really funny. Mostly I'm just middle aged and confused when I watch them. Anyway, point is that show if it gets her youtube following is going to fecking HUGE.

I'm not mad about Miranda but I really like Coleen, the woman who plays her. She works hard and I really hope it works out for her!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

House of Cards renewed for a fifth season, showrunner to depart after the fourth.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-house-of-cards-season-5-beau-willimon-1201691354/

6 pilots ordered by the CW.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/652531-the-cw-orders-6-pilots-including-the-archie-inspired-riverdale

FREQUENCY

In this reimagining of the New Line Cinema film, a female police detective in 2016 discovers she is able to speak via a ham radio with her estranged father (also a detective) who died in 1996. They forge a new relationship while working together on an unresolved murder case, but unintended consequences of the ‘butterfly effect’ wreak havoc in the present day.

The series is executive produced by Jeremy Carver (Supernatural, Being Human), John Rickard, Dan Lin, Jennifer Gwartz and the original film’s writer/producer Toby Emmerich.

NO TOMORROW

When a risk-averse, straight-arrow, female procurement manager at an Amazon-like distribution center falls in love with a freewheeling man who lives life to the fullest because he believes the apocalypse is imminent, to comedic and poignant results they embark on a quest together to fulfill their individual bucket lists.

Executive producers include Corinne Brinkerhoff (Jane The Virgin, The Good Wife), Scott McCabe, Tory Stanton, Ben Silverman (Jane The Virgin, Ugly Betty).

RIVERDALE

Set in present day and based on the iconic Archie Comics characters, Riverdale is a surprising and subversive take on Archie, Betty, Veronica, and their friends, exploring the surrealism of small town life — the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome façade.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Supergirl, Glee) executive producers alongside Arrow‘s Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Jon Goldwater.

TRANSYLVANIA

In 1880, a headstrong young woman in search of her missing father ventures from NYC to Transylvania where she teams up with a wrongfully-disgraced Scotland Yard Detective, and together they witness the births of the most famous monsters and villains in history.

Hugh Sterbakov will head the series with fellow exective producers Jeff Pinkner, Andre Nemec, Josh Applebaum, and Scott Rosenberg.

UNTITLED MARS PROJECT

A team of explorers arrive on Mars to join the first human colony on the planet, only to discover that their predecessors have vanished. Led by a woman whose husband is among the missing, the colonists are forced to change their mission from exploration and settlement to investigation and survival, while navigating the hostile planet and their own personal demons.

The series is executive produced by Doris Egan (Reign, House MD) with Frank Marshall and Robert Zotnowski.

UNTITLED PARANORMAL PROJECT

A young woman seeks help from a parapsychologist when she begins to experience paranormal phenomena.

The Vampire Diaries and The Following creator Kevin Williamson will spearhead the series with director David Nutter and producer Lauren Wagner.

NBC renews Law & Order SVU for season 18 and Chicago Med for season 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Clareman wrote: »
    Drama Based on Dr. Phil’s Early Career

Who'd watch crap like that?

• Advertisement

Who'd watch crap like that?

Oprah fans by their millions would be my guess.

Advertisement