Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,378 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Terror renewed for a 2nd season by AMC.

‘The Terror’ Anthology Series for Season 2, Which Is Set in an Internment Camp
    AMC and Ridley Scott are about to haunt your dreams all over again. And this time they are doing it in a historical, but terrifyingly topical, fashion.

The network announced Friday it’s renewed its first-ever anthology series, “The Terror,” for a second season. This installment hails from Scott (who executive produced the first season) and co-creators Alexander Woo (“True Blood”) and Max Borenstein (“Kong: Skull Island,” “Godzilla”).

According to the official logline, the next iteration of the anthology series will be set during World War II and center on an uncanny specter that menaces a Japanese-American community from its home in Southern California to the internment camps to the war in the Pacific

https://www.thewrap.com/amc-renews-the-terror-season-2-japanese-internment-camp-world-war-ii/

Nightbreed

‘Nightbreed’ TV Series Reboot From Clive Barker & Morgan Creek In Works At Syfy
    The project hails from Barker (Hellraiser, Candyman, Weaveworld), writer Josh Stolberg (Jigsaw, Piranha), Morgan Creek Entertainment, whose feature division produced the Nightbreed movie, and Universal Cable Prods.

Written by Stolberg, Nightbreed explores race relations in America, only the races are Humans and Monsters. It follows a group of underground half-human/half-monsters seeking to find a new refuge and home after their original hiding place is destroyed. Leading these efforts is a recently turned reluctant hero who not only is adjusting to his new supernatural status but also is dealing with the grief and mystery surrounding the death of his fiancée. Will this group band together despite being hunted and persecuted by humans who find their “otherness” to be frightening?

https://deadline.com/2018/06/nightbreed-tv-series-reboot-clive-barker-morgan-creek-syfy-1202415885/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Timeless cancelled again - might get a 2 hour movie to wrap up but I'd say it's unlikely given the cost.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/timeless-cancelred-nbc-2-seasons-series-finale-movie-1202383188/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Timeless cancelled again - might get a 2 hour movie to wrap up but I'd say it's unlikely given the cost.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/timeless-cancelred-nbc-2-seasons-series-finale-movie-1202383188/

Not bothered, especially after The Expanse and Lucifer got picked up. I was glad when Timeless was eventually renewed last year, but it took them way too long to get rid of the rittenhouse shíte and blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 2 of Timeless was very poor. No great loss.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Season 2 of Timeless was very poor. No great loss.
    I think it was actually also very bad form for the showrunners to end it on such a major cliffhanger, knowing that a third season was not guaranteed or even likely.

The only cancelled show that needs another studio to step in and pick it up is Hap and Leonard, the best thing on TV and no one seems to give a damn for it.

The only cancelled show that needs another studio to step in and pick it up is Hap and Leonard, the best thing on TV and no one seems to give a damn for it.
    Last Man On Earth.

Biggest loss of the year IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Timeless had run it's course and except for the "surprise" at the end it was finished, the writers IMO were just hoping to get more work out of it, a TV movie would be grand but if there isn't anything else so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Last Man On Earth.

Biggest loss of the year IMO.

Amazon have it on prime , they might pick it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

YouTube has finalized a deal for 10-episode series order to On Becoming A God In Central Florida, a 1990s-set one-hour dark comedy series, starring and executive produced by Kirsten Dunst.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/youtube-kirsten-dunst-on-becoming-a-god-in-central-florida-dark-comedy-series-george-clooney-grant-heslov-tristar-television-suzanne-patmore-gibbs-1202416941/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

The Last Man On Earth was a good show and it is disappointing that it was cancelled. Hopefully, Amazon will pick it up. I have to say that I really enjoyed Timeless and thought that there was enough scope for it to run for a few more seasons. It certainly seems to have a fan base and was well loved, except by NBC for some reason.... I thought that Season 2 was better than Season 1 and it was starting to develop some very interesting storylines. Fingers crossed that it at least gets that proposed movie as it deserves a better finish than it got.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Comic Book Men cancelled after 7 Seasons by AMC

https://renewcanceltv.com/comic-book-men-cancelled-no-season-8-for-amc-tv-series/

It's a shame - it was enjoyable show. Would've gladly watched a few more years of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Comic Book Men cancelled after 7 Seasons by AMC

https://renewcanceltv.com/comic-book-men-cancelled-no-season-8-for-amc-tv-series/

It's a shame - it was enjoyable show. Would've gladly watched a few more years of it.

The podcasts about the cancellation are quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

peteeeed wrote: »
    The podcasts about the cancellation are quite funny

Must give them a listen at some point.

Jessica Alba to Star Alongside Gabrielle Union in NBC's 'Bad Boys' Spinoff

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jessica-alba-star-gabrielle-union-nbcs-bad-boys-spinoff-1090411

So has Bad Boys has become Bad Girls?

https://tvline.com/2018/06/26/la-s-finest-spectrum-series-bad-boys-jessica-alba/

NBC’s ill-fated Bad Boys spinoff has found a new home — and we do mean new. L.A.’s Finest — which stars Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba — has been picked up by Charter Communications and will air on the company’s Spectrum Original Content platform. It will mark Spectrum’s first foray into original series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    https://tvline.com/2018/06/26/la-s-finest-spectrum-series-bad-boys-jessica-alba/

NBC’s ill-fated Bad Boys spinoff has found a new home — and we do mean new. L.A.’s Finest — which stars Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba — has been picked up by Charter Communications and will air on the company’s Spectrum Original Content platform. It will mark Spectrum’s first foray into original series.

Will LA's Finest be on Spectrum for months and then on another platforms for 2nd run rights or how long before it airs on another platform? If they want it for all subscribers won't Spectrum have to provide a linear broadcast? Create an exclusive linear channel like Sky has Sky Atlantic?

The Righteous Gemstones

John Goodman and Danny McBride to Star in HBO Televangelist Comedy Pilot

Actors will portray father and son in “The Righteous Gemstones”
    John Goodman and Danny McBride are set to star in a new half-hour comedy pilot for HBO.

“The Righteous Gemstones” will tell the story of a world-famous televangelist family with a long tradition of deviance, greed and charitable work, all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, according to the show’s official logline.

Goodman will star as Eli Gemstone, the patriarch of the family, and McBride will star as Jesse Gemstone, his oldest son.

Eli is described as an “unbending” force in ministry, “known the world over for his aggressive salvation techniques, his worldwide
    ministries, and his award-winning weekly television program. His light is fading, but he takes no guff. He is obeyed, unquestioned.”

Jesse is characterized as the “heir” to Eli’s throne, and lives in his father’s shadow while trying to create a path of his own. He demands loyalty and surrounds himself with people who will follow him. He “fancies himself a maverick in the ministry game, taking what Eli has built and expanding it for a more modern audience.”

The project comes from McBride, who will write, direct and executive produce in addition to his starring role. Jody Hill and David Gordon Green will also executive produce.

https://www.thewrap.com/john-goodman-and-danny-mcbride-to-star-in-hbo-televangelist-comedy-pilot/

• Advertisement

Wu Assassins

Netflix Orders Martial Arts Drama ‘Wu Assassins"
    Netflix has given a series order to the martial arts drama series “Wu Assassins,” Variety has confirmed.

The series is described as a crime drama set in San Francisco’s Chinatown. Iko Uwais stars as Kai Jin, an aspiring chef who becomes the latest and last Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad and restore balance once again. Byron Mann is also attached to star as Uncle Six

Uwais will also serve as producer, lead martial arts choreographer and stunt coordinator on the 10-episode series. The actor and martial artist is known for his work in films like “The Raid” and “The Raid 2,” and recently appeared in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

John Wirth is the writer on “Wu Assassins” and will also executive produce. Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev of Nomadic Pictures Entertainment will also executive produce along with Tony Krantz of Flame Ventures. Stephen Fung, known for his work in Hong Kong cinema as well as the AMC martial arts drama “Into the Badlands,” is attached to direct the first two episodes. Nomadic will produce

“Wu Assassins” marks the second recent series order for Nomadic at Netflix. Back in April, the streamer picked up the supernatural drama series “The Order,” with Oakes and Frislev executive producing that series as well.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/netflix-martial-arts-series-wu-assassins-iko-uwais-1202862255/

Snowpiercer’ Reboot Starring Jennifer Connelly Picked Up to Series at TNT

https://www.thewrap.com/snowpiercer-reboot-jennifer-connelly-picked-up-series-tnt/

Snowpiercer’ Director Refuses To Return For Reshoots Over Showrunner’s “Radically Different Vision”
    Scott Derrickson, who directed the Snowpiercer pilot, is refusing to return for reshoots over the TNT series’ vision under its new showrunner Graeme Mason.

“The 72-page Snowpiercer TV pilot script by @Josh_Friedman is the best I’ve ever read, Derrickson tweeted Friday. The feature-length pilot I made from that script may be my best work. The new showrunner has a radically different vision for the show. I am forgoing my option to direct the extreme reshoots.”

Friedman exited Snowpiercer as executive producer and showrunner in January and was replaced by Orphan Black co-creator Mason. Creative differences were blamed for Friedman’s split with the show.

Derrickson is known for directing the features Doctor Strange and The Day The Earth Stood Still, among others.

Based on the acclaimed 2013 movie by Bong Joon-ho, Snowpiercer is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland. It centers on the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival are questioned in the television adaptation. Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs star. The cast also includes Mickey Sumner, Susan Park, Benjamin Haigh, Sasha Frolova, Katie McGuinness, Alison Wright, Annalise Basso, Sam Otto, Roberto Urbina, Sheila Vand and Lena Hall.

Deadline has reached out to TNT for comment.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/snowpiercer-director-refuses-return-reshoots-showrunner-vision-scott-derrickson-1202420009/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I still haven't started this , should I dump or is it still worth watching ?

I still haven't started this , should I dump or is it still worth watching ?

I've enjoyed the season and a half I have watched.

Just hoping it doesn't end on a major cliffhanger.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Only watched the first episode - worth watching the rest of the season?

Only watched the first episode - worth watching the rest of the season?

Not really, it's a nothing show that never really amounted to a whole lot. I used to watch an episode during my lunch break on days I wanted to be antisocial but I'd struggle to recall a single episode or even a character name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Not really, it's a nothing show that never really amounted to a whole lot. I used to watch an episode during my lunch break on days I wanted to be antisocial but I'd struggle to recall a single episode or even a character name.

Season 1 was grand , Haven't watched Season 2 yet , waiting to see if the lads say it has a cliffhanger or not .

Animal Kingdom’ & ‘Claws’ Renewed By TNT

https://deadline.com/2018/07/animal-kingdom-claws-renewed-tnt-1202420524/

• Advertisement

State Of The Union

Rosamund Pike & Chris O’Dowd To Star In Stephen Frears-Directed, Nick Hornby-Penned Comedy Series For SundanceTV
    State of the Union follows Louise and Tom, played by Pike and O’Dowd, who meet in a pub immediately before their weekly marital therapy session. Each episode pieces together how their lives were, what drew them together and what has started to pull them apart.

Shooting will commence later this summer in London with Hornby and Frears exec producing alongside Jamie Laurenson, Hakan Kousetta, Iain Canning, Emile Sherman. Kristin Jones, EVP of international programming for AMC and SundanceTV, is the executive in charge for SundanceTV, with Amy Jackson producing.

Hornby said, “I am so pleased to be working again with Stephen, Rosamund and Chris. I first met Stephen when he directed High Fidelity, Rosamund when she revealed her wonderful comic talent in An Education, and Chris when he made the forthcoming Juliet, Naked, and I think they will make a tremendous team. State of the Union is an unusual project, so it’s all the more gratifying that we have managed to attract talent of this magnitude.”

“Sundance is thrilled to partner with our good friends at See-Saw Films on this short form original production,” added Jan Diedrichsen, General Manager, SundanceTV and Sundance Now. “We are fortunate to have a dream team in front of and behind the camera to bring to life Nick’s intimate, entertaining and relatable story of a modern marriage to life.”

https://deadline.com/2018/07/rosamund-pike-chris-odowd-to-star-in-stephen-frears-directed-nick-hornby-penned-comedy-series-1202426037/

Advertisement