Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Agents of Shield renewed for season 6 but only 13 episodes

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/agents-of-shield-season-6-abc-1202803343/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kuva wrote: »
    Gave up agents of shield ages ago, worth going back to?

It depends on when you gave up on it. Season 2 was a completely different beast to Season 1, and Seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic. Season 5 has been a bit up and down due to obvious budget cuts, but for me it's still much more enjoyable than most of the Arrowverse/CW shows.

The show has great stories and characters, but also doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Penn wrote: »
    It depends on when you gave up on it. Season 2 was a completely different beast to Season 1, and Seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic. Season 5 has been a bit up and down due to obvious budget cuts, but for me it's still much more enjoyable than most of the Arrowverse/CW shows.

The show has great stories and characters, but also doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a lot of fun.

Yup, season 2 I dropped it, had to start dropping stuff. May check it out so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really want to get back into AOS but I found the first season awful. What do people think of just skipping it and hitting 2/3rd straight off, doable? Or would I have to sit through the bad to get the good?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I really want to get back into AOS but I found the first season awful. What do people think of just skipping it and hitting 2/3rd straight off, doable? Or would I have to sit through the bad to get the good?
    Did you watch all of S1? There's an important episode in the later half. If you've watched it, you'll know what I mean. After that, you could likely get away with skipping to S2. It's 1000x better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ixoy wrote: »
    Did you watch all of S1? There's an important episode in the later half. If you've watched it, you'll know what I mean. After that, you could likely get away with skipping to S2. It's 1000x better.

Just checked Wikipedia. If you watched from episode 16 on in season 1, you should be alright. You'll probably be very confused even then with some of the other stories, but the "Previously on..." should be enough to get you through. I'd definitely watch them before jumping into Season 2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Season 1 was held back by Captain America Winter Soldier's release due to a major plot point. Once that film was released, the series quality increased dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pretty Little Liars spin off The Perfectionists ordered to series at Freeform

Wasn't there a Pretty Little Liars spinoff before?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't there a Pretty Little Liars spinoff before?

Yes, Ravenswood which was cancelled after one season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

peteeeed wrote: »

Typical, the one that should be shot with a shovel. I thought Keith was heading back to 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye just bring Maggie over to the new 24 and put this to bed.

This could be the DC show we all want.

Pennyworth

Batman Prequel ‘Pennyworth’ From ‘Gotham’ Duo Gets Series Order At Epix
    MGM-owned Epix has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to Pennyworth, a Batman prequel from Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller, executive producer/director Danny Cannon and Warner Horizon Scripted TV.

Written by Heller, based on DC characters created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger, Pennyworth follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne, Bruce’s billionaire father, in 1960’s London. Production will begin later this year, with a series premiere slated for 2019.

Heller and Cannon executive produce and Cannon will direct the pilot.

“As genuine fans of these classic DC characters, as well as the incredibly talented Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, we couldn’t be more excited to make Epix the home of this series,” said Michael Wright, President, Epix. “We can’t wait to work with Bruno and Danny – along with Peter Roth, Susan Rovner, Brett Paul and the team at Warner Horizon – on this fantastic origin story.”

Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon said, “Michael and his colleagues have created the perfect venue for original storytelling, and all of us working on Pennyworth are thrilled to be on the Epix slate.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/batman-prequel-pennyworth-gotham-bruno-heller-danny-cannon-series-order-epix-1202392299/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This could be the DC show we all want.

Pennyworth
    Not another prequel. *Sigh*

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are bringing their Boston pride to Showtime.

The cabler has picked up a drama pilot “City on a Hill” from the Oscar winners, who will executive produce the project.

Based on an original idea by Affleck and Chuck MacLean (“Boston Strangler”), who wrote the script, “City on a Hill” is a fictional account of what was called the “Boston Miracle.” In the early ’90s, corruption and racism was the norm in Boston, until an African-American district attorney from Brooklyn arrives in the city, advocating change. He forms an unlikely alliance with a corrupt yet venerated FBI veteran who is invested in maintaining the status quo. The two take on a family of armored car robbers in a case that eventually upends the city’s criminal justice system.

The pilot will be directed by Gavin O’Connor (“The Accountant”), who will serve as executive producer along with James Mangold (“Logan”) and Jennifer Todd (“Memento”) of Pearl Street Films

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/showtime-ben-affleck-matt-damon-city-on-a-hill-pilot-1202508186/

Showtime has ordered Boston set drama City on a Hill based on an original idea by Ben Affleck straight to series. Affleck and Matt Damon are both executive producers.

The 12-episode Season 1 stars Kevin Bacon, Aldis Hodge, Jonathan Tucker, Mark O’Brien, Jill Hennessy, Lauren E. Banks, Amanda Clayton, Kevin Chapman and Jere Shea.

The Hunt

Amazon Nabs Jordan Peele’s Nazi Hunters Drama With Series Order
    EXCLUSIVE: Amazon Studios has landed The Hunt, a vengeance-driven Nazi hunting series executive produced by Oscar-winning Get Out writer-director Jordan Peele, with a 10-episode straight-to-series order. The project, produced by Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Sonar Entertainment, was created by David Weil (Moonfall), who will write and executive produces.

This marks the first new scripted series pickup for Amazon since Jennifer Salke took the reins as head of Amazon Studios.

“Our biggest priority is attracting exceptional writing and producing talent to bring addictive, groundbreaking projects to Prime Video,” said Salke. “The Hunt is edge-of-your seat entertainment that is not only culturally relevant but deliciously original. David Weil, Jordan Peele, and the entire Monkeypaw and Sonar Entertainment teams represent the dream team! We can’t wait to get started!”

Based on an original idea, drawing from real-life events, The Hunt originated as a hot drama series spec, which was taken out to the premium marketplace by Sonar Entertainment last fall, garnering interest from multiple buyers. The company had been in discussion with another network when Amazon recently stepped up and secured the project.

The Hunt follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters living in 1977 New York City. The Hunters, as they’re known, have discovered that hundreds of high ranking Nazi officials are living among us and conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team of Hunters will set out on a bloody quest to bring the Nazis to justice and thwart their new genocidal plans.

“When David Weil first shared The Hunt with me, I immediately knew that we had to be involved,” Peele said. “It’s cathartic. It’s noir. It’s frighteningly relevant. It’s exactly what I want to see on television. I am thrilled to be working with Amazon in bringing this incredible vision to the world.”

The series is also be executive produced by Tom Lesinski (Mr. Mercedes) and Jenna Santoianni (Mr. Mercedes) from Sonar Entertainment, and Win Rosenfeld (Dark Net) from Monkeypaw Productions. A global exclusive, The Hunt will premiere in over 200 countries and territories on Prime Video.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/amazon-jordan-peele-nazi-hunters-drama-series-order-sonar-produces-1202392859/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kuva wrote: »
    Good to see as it's one of the best shows on TV IMHO.

Just read yesterday the petition to save Lucifer has gone over 200,000 and is expected to hit 300,000 soon enough. Whether either will make any difference is the thing...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel renewed by Amazon for a third season

Not to get people's hopes up, but Amazon are in talks to revive The Expanse
    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/amazon-the-expanse-season-4-1202818147/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not to get people's hopes up,

Too late!!!

Homer-Simpson-HAppy.jpg

Shame as it was about the only new comedy of the past year alongside A.P. Bio that showed promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Krypton has been renewed for a second season
    http://tvline.com/2018/05/22/krypton-renewed-season-2-syfy/

MotherFatherSon

Richard Gere Confirmed For First Major TV Role In BBC Drama
    Richard Gere is confirmed to star alongside Helen McCrory (Peaky Blinders) and Billy Howle (On Chesil Beach) in MotherFatherSon, an eight-part drama for BBC Two from Tom Rob Smith (The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story).

Gere will play Max, a charismatic self-made American businessman with media outlets in London and around the world. McCrory will play Kathryn, a British heiress who has been estranged from Max following the breakdown of their marriage some years before. Their self-destructive 30-year-old son, Caden (Howle), runs Max’s UK newspaper and is primed to follow in his father’s footsteps as one of the most powerful men in the world.

Gere said: “It’s been almost 30 years since I worked in television. I’m so pleased to be working now with the BBC on this extraordinary eight-hour project with such talented people and which resonates so much to the time we live in.”

http://deadline.com/2018/05/richard-gere-bbc-motherfatherson-gianni-versace-america-crime-story-tom-rob-smith-helen-mccrory-billy-howle-1202395714/

• Advertisement

YouTube Red has renewed Step Up: High Water for season 2

Advertisement