Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jay Hernandez nabs lead role, I know he is 40 this year but looks kinda young

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Will he grow a 'tache? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Walton is a great choice.

On Magnum I’m going to take a wild guess Higgins will be female, TC will be Asian and Rick will be.....

Oh and Robin Masters will be a female Robin just like Higgins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

On Magnum I’m going to take a wild guess Higgins will be female, TC will be Asian and Rick will be.....

Once they all have moustaches that's all that matters, Magnum is all about the tache

• Advertisement

HBO renews

Crashing

High Maintenance

NBC renews

Superstore

The Bone Church
    Chris Long and David Ayer’s Cedar Park Entertainment has acquired Stephen King’s The Bone Church and will develop it as a TV series. Cedar Park will be the studio for the project as well. The Bone Church is a narrative poem that King wrote in the 1960s. He later revised it and the poem was published as part of a King anthology, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. In it, an adventurer organizes an expedition deep into a vast jungle land to locate the mythic Bone Church. They discover a secret not meant for the eyes of strangers. Only three of the 32 travelers escaped with their lives in a tale narrated by one of the survivors, who tells stories from a bar stool to patrons who’ll buy him drinks.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/stephen-king-the-bone-church-series-deal-chris-long-david-ayer-cedar-park-entertainment-1202300884/

The Dark Tower

'Dark Tower' TV Series Coming to Amazon
    Last summer's The Dark Tower was meant to kick off a series of live-action adaptations of Stephen King's popular series of books surrounding Roland Deschain and the Man in Black, but the film was received with both critical and financial disappointment. According to a recent announcement from Amazon, the streaming service will be home to an upcoming series based on the novels.

Little is know about the Dark Tower TV series, with the original story spanning across eight novels. Last year's film borrowed elements found throughout the whole story, while injecting new plot points to make it a somewhat confusing blend of original and new material.

Despite giving the filmmakers his blessing and lending his support to the film, Stephen King claims to know exactly why the film failed.

"The real problem, as far as I’m concerned is, they went in to this movie, and I think this was a studio edict pretty much: this is going to be a PG-13 movie. It’s going to be a tentpole movie," King shared with Entertainment Weekly last year. "We want to make sure that we get people in there from the ages of, let’s say, 12 right on up to whatever the target age is. Let’s say 12 to 35. That’s what we want."

"So it has to be PG-13, and when they did that I think that they lost a lot of the toughness of it and it became something where people went to it and said, 'Well yeah, but it’s really not anything that we haven’t seen before,'" he added.

In the film, Idris Elba played Deschain, with the actor having previously been attached to also star in the planned TV series. Comments made by the actor last year might have called that fact into question.

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/02/23/dark-tower-tv-series-stephen-king-amazon/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Dark Tower

'Dark Tower' TV Series Coming to Amazon
    Surprised this went ahead given the film was both a critical and public dud.

ixoy wrote: »

Amazon spending hundreds of millions on this and Lord of the Rings hoping to find their own Game of Thrones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

If you read the book you’ll know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

kerplun k wrote: »

Clearly you don't know WHO Ioxy is!....I don't think there's a scifi or fantasy book he HASN'T read :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

kerplun k wrote: »
    Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Clearly you don't know WHO Ioxy is!....I don't think there's a scifi or fantasy book he HASN'T read :pac:
    Hah! And yes I have indeed read the series :D I meant it seemed an odd choice commercially given the film's performance.

As to the series, I really enjoyed it up to "Wizard and Glass". Then "Song of Susannah" is where it fell apart from me, a large chunk being *that* character who was introduced... ye know who I'm talking about.. I'm not sure how the latter books would work on screen. There's a wealth of a world there of course and I'd love to see if they could tie it into the wider world.

I do look forward to seeing 'Oy cast though! At least we now have the technology for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hah! And yes I have indeed read the series :D I meant it seemed an odd choice commercially given the film's performance.

As to the series, I really enjoyed it up to "Wizard and Glass". Then "Song of Susannah" ...

That's when King had his accident (run over by a drunk) and nearly died, and he pushed through and finished the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

King said himself that he’d want that bit left out of any adaptation.

Our Planet

Planet Earth team head to Netflix for epic new series Our Planet
    The team behind the hugely successful and respected nature documentaries The Blue Planet, Planet Earth, and Frozen Planet are moving from their previous home of the BBC to Netflix, for their new epic Our Planet.

Alastair Fothergill, whose production company Silverback Films will make the eight-part series, said: “Our Planet is going to raise the bar for natural history landmarks. We will reveal the most amazing sights on Earth and show them in ways they have never been seen before.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/apr/15/planet-earth-netflix-our-planet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm guessing then sehe isn't going to extent her contact on that other show which is up for renewal now.
    She's in salary negotiation at the moment - the interesting situation will be if the pilot is picked up to series. As it stands, there's nothing really stopping her from doing both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Most of the original Murphy Brown cast are coming back for the revival.

Faith Ford, Joe Regalbuto, and Grant Shaud will all return to reprise their characters of Corky Sherwood, Frank Fontana, and Miles Silverberg respectively. Only fellow core cast member Charles Kimbrough, who played Jim Dial, has not signed on at this point.

I wonder will Murphy have a new builder handyman to replace the late Robert Pastorelli character.

Counterpart renewed for a second season by Starz.

• Advertisement

Joseph Morgan has nabbed the male lead in Fox’s drama pilot based on Dennis Lehane’s best-selling book (and Ben Affleck’s subsequent movie adaptation) Gone Baby Gone. Morgan will play private eye Patrick Kenzie, the role originated by Casey Affleck in the film.

http://tvline.com/2018/02/26/joseph-morgan-gone-baby-gone-series-fox-pilot-cast/

Untitled M. Night Shyamalan series.

Apple Orders M. Night Shyamalan Psychological Thriller TV Series
    Apple has landed a series package from M. Night Shyamalan and British TV writer Tony Basgallop, which recently hit the premium/digital marketplace. The untitled half-hour psychological thriller has received a 10-episode straight-to-series order from the tech giant.

The project was created by Basgallop (24, To The Ends of the Earth), who will write and executive produce the series. Shyamalan (Unbreakable, Split) is executive producing and will direct the first episode.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/apple-m-night-shyamalan-psychological-thriller-tv-series-1202304557/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

While fun I'd like to see more changes to the challenges compared to season 1 vs. 2 for me to watch it. There's a clear bias towards arm strength and length which I'd like to see balanced out a tad more.

Skinny Dip

‘Valor’s Matt Barr To Star In the CW Pilot ‘Skinny Dip’
    EXCLUSIVE: Matt Barr, the male lead of the CW/CBS TV Studios military drama Valor, has been tapped as a star of another the CW/CBS TV Studios project, drama pilot Skinny Dip, from writers Russel Friend and Garrett Lerner and Keshet Studios.

Written by Russel Friend and Garrett Lerner based on the novel by Carl Hiaasen and directed by Marc Buckland, Skinny Dip centers on Joey, who, after her husband tries to kill her on what she thought was a romantic cruise to celebrate their second wedding anniversary, teams with a jaded ex-cop to exact her own twisted brand of revenge on her cheating spouse and winds up uncovering a wider conspiracy in the process.

Barr’s Mick is an old soul, unplugged from society, skeptical of the world and cynical beyond his years. A former police detective who was removed from the force, he lives alone on a desert island with a nice dog named Irma — and he’s happy to be off the grid. After finding Joey floating in the ocean, he nurses her back to health and reluctantly agrees to help her in her quest for answers.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/skinny-dip-matt-barr-star-the-cw-pilot-valor-1202306277/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bad Boys

‘Bad Boys’-Inspired Series Starring Gabrielle Union Scores NBC Pilot Order

The untitled drama series based on Gabrielle Union’s “Bad Boys” character has been ordered to pilot at NBC. Union will star as Syd Burnett, her character from “Bad Boys 2.” In the show, she has left the DEA and now has a fresh start in her new job as an LAPD detective. She’s partnered with Nancy McKenna, a working mom who can’t help but look at Syd’s freedom with some grass-is-greener envy. These two have totally different lifestyles and approaches, but they both are at the top of their fields. Union will also executive produce in addition to starring. The project had received a pilot production commitment at the network in October. It will be written and executive produced by Brandon Sonnier and Brandon Margolis, who previously worked together on NBC’s “The Blacklist.” Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the “Bad Boys” films, will executive produce along with Jonathan Littman, KristieAnne Reed, Jeff Gaspin, Jeff Morrone, Doug Belgrad. Sony Pictures Television Studios will produce in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television, Primary Wave Entertainment, and 2.0 Entertainment. Union and LeBron James are also set as executive producers on a project in development at ABC called “White Dave,” which is based on the life of series creator David E. Talbert.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bad-boys-spinoff-series-gabrielle-union-nbc-pilot-1202668155/

Jessica Alba to Star Alongside Gabrielle Union in NBC's 'Bad Boys' Spinoff
    NBC's untitled Bad Boys spinoff just added some big star power.

In one of the biggest castings of the season, Jessica Alba has signed on as the co-lead in the network's drama pilot starring Gabrielle Union.

The drama revolves around free-spirited former DEA agent Syd Burnett (Union, reprising her role from Bad Boys II), who has a fresh start in her new job as an LAPD detective. She is partnered with Nancy McKenna (Alba), a working mom who can't help but look at Syd's freedom with some grass-is-greener envy. These two have totally different lifestyles and approaches, but they both are at the top of their fields in the action-packed, character-driven procedural.

Alba's Nancy joined the Army out of high school and spent most of the 2000s in Iraq and Afghanistan. Women weren't allowed in combat, so she joined the military police to get closer to the action and is now a detective raising two preteen stepchildren with her husband. Alba, who received multiple offers this pilot season, will also be credited as an executive producer on the potential series.

The untitled drama was written by Brandon Sonnier and Brandon Margolis (The Blacklist), who exec produce alongside Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, KristieAnne Reed, Jeff Gaspin, Jeff Morrone, Doug Belgrad and Union. Anton Cropper will direct the pilot and also receive EP credit. The drama hails from Sony Pictures Television, Jerry Bruckheimer Television, Primary Wave and 2.0 Entertainment. (Sony's Columbia produced the original features alongside Bruckheimer.)

The casting, which helps push the procedural to the top of NBC's drama pilots, marks Alba's first TV series-regular outing since her Golden Globe-nominated role in Fox's Dark Angel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jessica-alba-star-gabrielle-union-nbcs-bad-boys-spinoff-1090411

So has Bad Boys has become Bad Girls?

Magnum P.I. Reboot: Penny Dreadful Alum to Play (Female) Higgins
    Don’t adjust your aviators: Higgins is going to look very different in CBS’ Magnum P.I. reboot.

Penny Dreadful alumna Perdita Weeks has signed on to play Juliet Higgins in the buzzy pilot, our sister site Variety is reporting. Weeks’ Juliet is the property manager of the sprawling Hawaiian estate where detective Thomas Magnum provides security and lives in the guest house. Her character is described as “commanding, confident, and tough, who uses sarcasm to deflect emotion and is hard to get to know.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/02/magnum-p-i-reboot-cast-perdita-weeks-female-juliet-higgins-cbs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Jessica Alba to Star Alongside Gabrielle Union in NBC's 'Bad Boys' Spinoff

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jessica-alba-star-gabrielle-union-nbcs-bad-boys-spinoff-1090411

So has Bad Boys has become Bad Girls?

Seems to be the new "in thing" a lot of remakes changing gender or ethnicity to be edgy...
    Greatest American Heroine
    Thomas Magnum is Hispanic
    It's not clever, it's just rehashing old ideas & adding an "interesting" twist....
    Rambowena is probably next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before but would be funny to see the backlash if they did something like cast straight white men in the remake of Charmed.

Advertisement