Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

off the weekend time to relax and hopefully wash da car and watch some footie aswell

I hate the way this generation is so gay, why post this? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Ah, your minus craic, hav a laf, wud ja

I'm all for having the laf an all so I jam. Craic level zero does not do it for me. It's a wast of my TV licence money Joe.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

If I see another gowl posting "Roll on da weekend" I'll roll over their head with a motherfúcking road roller. Absolute clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

LIKE if you care. </3
    ...keep scrolling if you have no heart.

(pic of little brown boy eating crumbs off a ground)

que- 380,000 likes

Ffs. Yeah all you cvnts really care....about what exactly? Liking a sad picture. Spastics. They are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

This isn't dumb, just inappropriate, in my opinion.
    Someone just announced that her granddad has been given 24 hours to live... I mean, I feel sorry for her of course, but I just don't think it's appropriate! Wait til he's passed away and then maybe post RIP Granddad or something... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Someone just announced that her granddad has been given 24 hours to live... I mean, I feel sorry for her of course, but I just don't think it's appropriate! Wait til he's passed away and then maybe post RIP Granddad or something... :/

A very close relative did something like that on fb just before my Granny died...but before my Mam had even gotten a chance to tell me, so I found out in a newsfeed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You're onto something there. I remember one gal (who I only keep there because she's a nutcase and I'm nosy tbh) similarly giving a blow-by-blow account of her last few encounters with her grandfather before he passed.

It's difficult. Is she doing it to get sympathy and attention (in keeping with typical behaviour), using her grandad heartlessly, or does she genuinely need the support and feel she has nowhere else to turn? It seems inappropriate when I read that stuff, like I'm being forced to intrude on something deeply personal that's none of my business, but if it's a genuine cry for help then that's quite unintentionally heart-breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

'wonders If I died tomorrow how many of you would be sad and would truly miss me? comment on this and lets see how many would..'

Groan.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

ok heres some that make me want to smash the screen:

12-6pm 2day then off until sunday woooohooooo :)

Just watched Breaking Dawn on our new tv all wrapped up on couch...Perfect way spend my day off....just need my man to get home from work n chill with few drinks...:)

Ok guys bitta help here....it my gorgeous boyfriend bday 2moro nite.....dilemma where to go....???Party time wooooooop wooooop xx

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

my all time favourite is:

"flights booked"

f*ck sake, do you want me to call around to your house and sort you out?? Seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Carson10 wrote: »
    my all time favourite is:

"flights booked"

f*ck sake, do you want me to call around to your house and sort you out?? Seriously
    what.. like bag their bags for them, or give them a lift to the airport? You're a true gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A while back funny sort of stuff like what's your lapdancer name, house you're going to end up in and apache indian name used to pop up in my news feed. Now there's when and how will you die stuff. A headstone with your name and how you died and year. I find that unsettling and morbid. Why people do it is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

KKkitty wrote: »
    A while back funny sort of stuff like what's your lapdancer name, house you're going to end up in and apache indian name used to pop up in my news feed. Now there's when and how will you die stuff. A headstone with your name and how you died and year. I find that unsettling and morbid. Why people do it is beyond me.

You should retaliate with "One of your facebook friends will snap and kill you the next time they see you posting **** in their newsfeed."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ficheall wrote: »
    KKkitty wrote: »

You should retaliate with "One of your facebook friends will snap and kill you the next time they see you posting **** in their newsfeed."
    I'd love to do that but I'm not like that at all. And pictures of emaciated dogs and sick or abused children too. Facebook is gone ridiculous for that.

Best fb status ever: "All my closest mates on here played sticky biscuits in school....here are the initials of them all, can you like them"
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Yet another picture... A bald child with an oxygen mask with (presumeably) their father:
    Like if you're against cancer
    Ignore if you're not

481,799 likes. And to top it off, the only two comments on it are the guy who first posted it looking for subscribers...

And how can you be "against cancer" in the first place?! It's not like it's a political theory or policy... Obviously it's a horrible horrible disease - but surely it's not something you can be for or against?! It's not like anyone chooses to get it/gives it to someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Jaysus has FB..been taken over by Twitter..or sumit ya!! ...I'm like who cares if yer eatin a ****in sandwich or pickin yer nose...Honest ta God like ...LOL...:-))))

Below is an selection of status updates from the same person (an adult):
    I swear I'm gonna lose my patients

"This chicky is Gonna climb the stairs and fall in ta bed....I'm absolutely Wrecked tired!!! and slightly drunkish lol..Gnite peepz".<( * - * )>

It's Way pass me beddy byes..this chicky has ta sleep and if yer lucky I'll dream about ya *HUGS*...Nite nite peepz..;-)

Do people do things ta wind u up on purpose or are they just born annoying ****ers..... Seriously like!!.....????....:-/

PJs on lovely roastin fire (won't they burn?)...Chinese later on, washed down with a few drinkeens and an early night pure....bliss lol..;-)

Jaysus It's way past me beddy byes...I'm Gonna say goodnite...Sweet dreams peepz..xx..♥

That Ben Mitchell the little bollocks....He needs ta go now....I'm sick!!! Ta death of him....he's an Evil little worm..I need ta go ta Albert Square ..Do the job me self lol..:-/

I'm imperfect, I make mistakes & I'm not a beauty queen I'm not a size zero . I have my flaws, but that is just who I am like.....: I can be loud, obnoxious and crazy and say stupid things ya I'm not fake I say what I have ta say...like it or not that's me....Now I'm gonna hit the auld hay and get some well deserved sleep......Thanx to that special friend.... your always asking If I'm ok you know who you are xx...♥ ♥

Ahahaha....the clown that never shuts up is off again whingin and tryin ta be funny like, and lookin for an audience, the ****in eejit should look for a job in the circus ya...:-\

I'm so sad...absolutely in bits, I had ta make a terrible decision..20 minutes ago..I can't stop crying...Why do bad things have ta happen eh....**** sake :-((((((((((

Payin 30 cent ta use a toilet that is jammed out to the door..No toilet paper and a smell that would knock a ****in donkey....Jaysus...I'm like standin for 15 minutes dancin a horn pipe ..me kidneys are ticklin me ...and me bladder is gonna burst four toilets come on like...and thick ignorant bitches standin up lookin at ya...Did ya pay...Goway ya Mong...like. ya know what?? I'd rather Piss me self then pay 30 cent ta use a mangey toilet again **** sake like...:-\

In conclusion then: writing updates about sandwiches is wrong, but updates about Chinese takeaway, saying goodnight every single night, inane witterings about toilets and soap operas peppered among countless cut-and-paste "deep meaningful" nonsense and "funny" pictures are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Below is an selection of status updates from the same person (an adult):

In conclusion then: writing updates about sandwiches is wrong, but updates about Chinese takeaway, saying goodnight every single night, inane witterings about toilets and soap operas peppered among countless cut-and-paste "deep meaningful" nonsense and "funny" pictures are fine.

Are you friends with this person?

Kolido wrote: »
    Are you friends with this person?

Only in the facebook sense. I've never met them in real life, and I enjoy their absurd updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭ronjo

Only in the facebook sense. I've never met them in real life, and I enjoy their absurd updates.

why would you be friends with someone you have never met?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think it's important you shoot that bird in the eyeball with a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ronjo wrote: »

Its a online social connection, not a friendship. Regardless of how Facebook word it.

ronjo wrote: »

I've never met any of my Boards friends! :eek:

To cut a long story short, we'd already interacted on a facebook page we'd both used, then this person sent me a friend request and I didn't mind accepting.

I rarely use facebook (except to check their status updates and post the occasional video or link) so I'm not fussy about who I accept: my facebook friends range from my close friends and family to people I went to college with and now don't really know, to pretty much complete strangers.

I don't put anything on facebook I wouldn't be comfortable with the whole world seeing, so I'm not fussy about who my facebook friends are.

Though I generally won't accept a request that's completely out of the blue, like the American guy who happened to have the same name as me and sent me a request without a message, as though I ought to be amazed that an American shares my very common Irish name.

"The game."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nuair a bhí mé ag siúl chuig na siopaí inné, chonaic mé Liopard a chiceáil sicín sna liathróidí.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nuair a bhí mé ag siúl chuig na siopaí inné, chonaic mé Liopard a chiceáil sicín sna liathróidí.

Stop talking foreign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Stop talking foreign.

:D

Stop talking foreign.

...arsa an fear leis an ainm Laidineach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The girl who announced her grandfather has been given 24 hours to live?

HE'S GOING TO LIVE. HE'S FINE.

And yes, I know this because of facebook.

I bet she feels like a fukcing moron now. Or she should, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

May I ask a personal favor ... Only some of you will do it, and I know who you possibly are. If you know someone who fought a battle with cancer and passed away, or someone who is still fighting, or someone in remission ... please add this to your status for 1 hour as a mark of respect and remembrance. I hope I was right about people who will re post! And for those who do; thank you very much. ♥
    Like · · 3 minutes ago ·

Fuck OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement