Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

'Happy 2nd birthday to my best friend. Best 2yrs of my life, love you, Mammy'

Right where to start, I love being a parent too. But my children are not my friends. It's my job to care for them. It's not their job to fill a friendship void in my life. And also I doubt your 2yr old is on FB. Tell your child not a bunch of randomers who couldn't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lisha wrote: »
    'Happy 2nd birthday to my best friend. Best 2yrs of my life, love you, Mammy'

Right where to start, I love being a parent too. But my children are not my friends. It's my job to care for them. It's not their job to fill a friendship void in my life. And also I doubt your 2yr old is on FB. Tell your child not a bunch of randomers who couldn't give a toss.

I also hate when someone posts stuff like
    "Happy Birthday Nanny, 20 years gone today, miss you so much".
    Not being cruel, but nobody on Facebook really cares.
    And your Nanny can't see your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I know people posting suicide helpline numbers mean well, but there's a post being shared around for the last couple of years and it's a bloody american number. It's Irish people posting it, that will be no use to someone in crisis. I wish people would check. (I do always comment with an Irish number, but still).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

fussyonion wrote: »

If it makes them feel better or if it's their way of remembering a loved one, what harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

If it makes them feel better or if it's their way of remembering a loved one, what harm?

I never said it was harming anyone. But the majority of people I see doing it are only doing it for attention/likes, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Especially when the person "missing them so much" is 21 or something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I never said it was harming anyone. But the majority of people I see doing it are only doing it for attention/likes, etc.

And this upsets you unnecessarily because???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I know people posting suicide helpline numbers mean well, but there's a post being shared around for the last couple of years and it's a bloody american number. It's Irish people posting it, that will be no use to someone in crisis. I wish people would check. (I do always comment with an Irish number, but still).

People don't check these things. I regularly see missing people posts being shared, but often for people who have been found, one way or another. A quick Google will tell you if the person is still missing, before you share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

People don't check these things. I regularly see missing people posts being shared, but often for people who have been found, one way or another. A quick Google will tell you if the person is still missing, before you share it.

You don't even have to Google, a quick check in the comments will normally tell you that they've been found..........in Melbourne, or somewhere equally far away from the person sharing the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

That sounds like something I would do. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

"9 months old today! Where has the time gone! Such a pretty, funny little woman. We would all be lost without u [Child's name]! Lots of love mammy and daddy xxx — with [Child's father]."

Firstly who celebrates their 9 month anniversary? Also the girl is constantly posting messages addressed to her kid like shes on facebook or something. Also apparently does not know about the existence of the question mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

efb wrote: »
    And this upsets you unnecessarily because???

What he posted is entirely in the spirit of this thread surely?

Omackeral wrote: »
    What he posted is entirely in the spirit of this thread surely?

The title of the thread is "dumb/ great Facebook status". There's nothing particularly dumb or great about posting on the anniversary of a loved one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The title of the thread is "dumb/ great Facebook status". There's nothing particularly dumb or great about posting on the anniversary of a loved one.

20 years after they've died. Out with the fishing rod and let's see how many of those likes we can get...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

"I sumtimes wonder y i gave my son and iPHONE 6 He never answers it when i ring him".and two mins later she posted he'd fallen asleep with "fone beside him pure wrecked after his confirmation telpis!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

spud82 wrote: »
    "I sumtimes wonder y i gave my son and iPHONE 6 He never answers it when i ring him".and two mins later she posted he'd fallen asleep with "fone beside him pure wrecked after his confirmation telpis!"

What in the name of jaysis is a telpis?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

i think it's a version of god help us?? telpis??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have a feeling it's Scumbag for 'God help us' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'm normally pretty handy at translating these things. But I'd never have guessed that in a million years!
    Way out of touch. Thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I'm normally pretty handy at translating these things. But I'd never have guessed that in a million years!
    Way out of touch. Thank god!

God telpya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ratmouse wrote: »
    God telpya!

'telpis all!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Telpis. :D I think that's my new favourite. It's even better than the widespread misuse of 'anal'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Telpis. :D I think that's my new favourite. It's even better than the widespread misuse of 'anal'.

I have to disagree. Widespread anal is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sums up facebook doesn't it ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A friend of mine thinks of herself as a script writer. Fair play to her for doing something she is passionate about and gets my full support.
    But when she posts a picture of the title page of her new finished screenplay and forgets to remove the Page I of II from the screenshot, it kind of makes me think it's all bullsheiet.

mfceiling wrote: »
    20 years after they've died. Out with the fishing rod and let's see how many of those likes we can get...

Well if its their 20th anniversary why shouldn't they post about it? Don't see why that would get people's backs up to be honest. Even if it is fishing for likes, who cares? Everybody posts on Facebook to get likes and interaction. What would be the point otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A friend of mine thinks of herself as a script writer. Fair play to her for doing something she is passionate about and gets my full support.
    But when she posts a picture of the title page of her new finished screenplay and forgets to remove the Page I of II from the screenshot, it kind of makes me think it's all bullsheiet.

Maybe it's an updating of Beckett's Breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Well if its their 20th anniversary why shouldn't they post about it? Don't see why that would get people's backs up to be honest. Even if it is fishing for likes, who cares? Everybody posts on Facebook to get likes and interaction. What would be the point otherwise?

Apt username :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Title pages often have sub-footers, the (ii) part could be a table of contents/references or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

"There brave now sendin me threatin msgs and accusing me off things.. Since your locked up but they wouldn say it to my face when you weren. . Afraid much!! Good cheese burger they need! Xx"

A good cheese burger wtf :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement