Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Gay's shouldn't be allowed to adopt because..."a child that has gay parents will more than likely turn out to be gay and if that keeps happening many years down the line there won't be one straight person around"

He get's destroyed then delete's the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

valoren wrote: »
    Gay's shouldn't be allowed to adopt because..."a child that has gay parents will more than likely turn out to be gay and if that keeps happening many years down the line there won't be one straight person around"

He get's destroyed then delete's the thread.

well that'll at lease solve the over population crisis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

bjork wrote: »

and the Moor are now making the beast with two backs.

...and instead of a mouth it has four arses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

"Summer is my favourite month x"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mallagio wrote: »

Best time of the day too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Mallagio wrote: »

Summer is my favourite day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

the yes side are also hijacking sad situations to suit their agenda ..marriage is for straights civil ceremony for the rest ..i dad or i ma or a couple comprising man and woman..

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"In a taxi and the driver's name is Yu Gou. This man was destined to transport people around."

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Lmao :D:D
    If gays in Ireland want the real, genuine Irish marriage experience; legalise gay marriage but ban gay divorce for a few decades. For that is the way of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This was NOT on Facebook, but it was the real-life equivalent if ever I saw one.
    Driving along through a housing estate today and saw a woman standing in front of her parked car holding a big piece of cardboard which read:

"BEEP FOR EX TO PAY MAINTINENCE NOW"

Several cars beeped her, but it begs the question....what are beeps going to do?
    I thought it was like something you'd see on Facebook, only instead of "Like"s, it's "Beep"s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

fussyonion wrote: »
    This was NOT on Facebook, but it was the real-life equivalent if ever I saw one.
    Driving along through a housing estate today and saw a woman standing in front of her parked car holding a big piece of cardboard which read:

Several cars beeped her, but it begs the question....what are beeps going to do?
    I thought it was like something you'd see on Facebook, only instead of "Like"s, it's "Beep"s.

And so it begins...
    Now I think of it I can easily imagine social media spawning a generation who will need loud constant public support and validation in real life in everything they do or who'll think public shaming is appropriate and how you get things done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Honk if he was horny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

"well hows all injoin the sun. im on the bus on my way dwn to see my special if not amazing dad if i nust say so ky self. hes our safe haven. injoy all and dond b so crule when u can b so kind. blurrb what u say now"
    She is visiting the boyfriend in prison. Maybe I'm being CRULE posting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Maybe it's outside her ex's house and he works night shift so it's disturbing his sleep. It's genius if that's the case :D

"New 55" tv. Because I am worth it".

Which sounds harmless. But not to me...the fellow posting it still has to pay me for work done for him. The amount is less than a 55" tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Pherekydes wrote: »
    the yes side are also hijacking sad situations to suit their agenda ..marriage is for straights civil ceremony for the rest ..i dad or i ma or a couple comprising man and woman. :rolleyes:

Is there anything Apple can't do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"In case no one has told you today:

You are beautiful.
    Magical.
    Powerful.
    Inspiring.

And you can achieve whatever you set your mind to."

You are correct I can achieve anything so I set my mind to deleting you - twat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Who wants some stupid?
    some questions for those of you who believe in the widely-accepted idea of the heliocentric solar system, containing a spinning ball earth, hurtling through the vastness of space and insignificant among more planets than there are grains of sand on the beach:
    1. why is the horizon is always, always flat with the naked eye?
    2. why is there no feeling of the earth's movement at all? there is no sense of the changes in speed or path, however slight, that there are when you are in a car or a plane or otherwise moving.
    3. why do the constellations remain in constant relation to each other,
    and have done so for thousands of years?
    4. how does polaris, the north star, always remain perfectly aligned at
    the centre of the sky around which all the other stars rotate, if it is
    24 trillion miles away, and we are travelling at 600 billion miles an
    hour through the universe?
    5. why were the apollo moon landings faked, as all the other nasa/ outer
    space missions are?
    6. why is there no video of the real ball earth spinning in space? that
    would be pretty spectacular, wouldn't it?
    7. why are you not allowed to go and explore or even fly over the north
    or south 'poles' if you are not on 'official' business?
    8. why do the sun & the moon appear about the same size in the sky? is
    it really because one is 400 times bigger and 400 times further away, or
    is it because they are about the same size, and a lot nearer than we
    have been told?
    9. why do roads, railways, bridges etc. not take account of any
    curvature of the earth?
    10. why don't ships tilt away from you as they are departing over the curve of the earth?
    11. why can you not fly direct from south america to australia? why do
    you have to go via the middle east or asia, or always make a 'secret' fuel stop?
    12. why are there not thousands and thousands of pictures of the earth
    from all the satellites up there? why do we have the same few
    graphically-enhanced self-admitted composites from nasa all the time?
    13. and why are those photo (shop)s of earth perfectly round, when it is
    supposed to be an oblate spheroid, squashed and fat at the equator?
    14. how can water be curved? do you really think the pacific ocean is a
    big bulging ball of water, and if so, can you show video or even a photo
    of water behaving in this way?
    15. why you are so resistant to the idea that the earth might not be spinning, not be a globe, and actually be the centre of a universe that is a lot smaller and closer than we have been led to believe? does it feel like a religious view that you refuse to examine? how is this different to knowing about the new world order and false flags and chemtrails etc.?
    have a blessed day, whatever shape you think the place where we live is smile emoticon xxx

Which sounds harmless. But not to me...the fellow posting it still has to pay me for work done for him. The amount is less than a 55" tv.

That would have to be replied to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Reply and ask him has he used it to watch the latest episode of "Don't pay, we take it away"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Who wants some stupid?

Asking the real questions! :D

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."

:D:D

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Who wants some stupid?

Oh my God, I wish I knew this person so I could answer every single one of those questions and tell them just how profoundly stupid they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

He's probably buying on HP, over three or four years, so he can pay 2 or 3 times the cash cost of the TV in that period

Just to make sure he'll never quite have enough funds to pay you what he owes.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

"For all my friends, whether close or casual. Just because everyone will go through some hard times at some point. Life isn't easy. Just something to think about. Did you know the people that are the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the ones who take care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the three hardest things to say are I love you, I'm sorry, and help me? Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their smile to see how much pain they may be in. To all my friends who are going through some issues right now--let's start an intentional avalanche. We all need positive intentions right now. If I don't see your name, I'll understand. May I ask my friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all of those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just needs to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. I hope to see this on the walls of all my friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, NO SHARING... I will leave it in the comments so it is easier for you to copy paste."

Haven't spotted any so far...

gutenberg wrote: »
    "For all my friends, whether close or casual. Just because everyone will go through some hard times at some point. Life isn't easy. Just something to think about. Did you know the people that are the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the ones who take care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the three hardest things to say are I love you, I'm sorry, and help me? Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their smile to see how much pain they may be in. To all my friends who are going through some issues right now--let's start an intentional avalanche. We all need positive intentions right now. If I don't see your name, I'll understand. May I ask my friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all of those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just needs to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. I hope to see this on the walls of all my friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, NO SHARING... I will leave it in the comments so it is easier for you to copy paste."

Haven't spotted any so far...

It's been all over my newsfeed the last few weeks as a local lad committed suicide, As annoying spam goes, at least this one highlights an important message.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

rawn wrote: »
    It's been all over my newsfeed the last few weeks as a local lad committed suicide, As annoying spam goes, at least this one highlights an important message.

Should probably have added for context that this girl posts about 5 similar things a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

This one popped up to make everyone feel all warm and cheery
    In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same ****ing elephant.

This is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming bull**** stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

RainyDay wrote: »
    This one popped up to make everyone feel all warm and cheery

Love it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement