Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

It always amazes me how seriously people take facebook. "If it's on facebook, it must be true".

I signed up with ALL fake details, and when my "birthday" rolls around ( 4 months after my real birthday ) I get all these "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" posts on my wall.

It's a good way of realising who are real mates.

Happy Birthday Borat you old rogue

have a good one mate

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

From one person who constantly posts crap, and it's never anything original, always cut and paste nonsense..
    (O)Y(O) Ooppppsss, got 2 close 2 the screen when I was cleaning it..;-D..! LOL
    I may not be your kind of beautiful;-).But I'm my kind of beautiful and Thats all that really matters..♥

No it's not.

When a girl...
    Accepts Your Friend Request It Means She
    Accepted Your “Friendship” Not Your
    “Proposal”,
    When A Girl Sends You A Friend Request It
    Means She Wants To Be Your Friend Not Your
    Girlfriend,
    When She Tag You It Means She Wants To
    Share Her Thoughts With You And Not That
    She’s Lost In Your Thoughts,
    When She Comments On Your Status It Meams
    She’s Just Being Social And Not Flirting,
    When She Like Your Comment It Means She
    Like Your Comment Not You

What men propose to a woman by sending her a friend request on facebook!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What men propose to a woman by sending her a friend request on facebook!? :confused:

That's how I got all my wives...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I came straight to Boards having seen this load of plop.

"GET YOUR TISSUES OUT THIS IS SO SAD ... I was walking around in a supermarket when i saw a cashier hand this little boy his money back, the boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old. The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'' The little boy turned to the old woman next to him, ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?'' She replied, ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'' Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to. 'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.' I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.' His eyes were so sad while saying this, 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said, 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.' Then he showed me a very nice photo of himself. He was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll!'' OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money. The little boy said, 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!' Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!'' 'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.'' 'My mommy loves white roses.' A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket. I finished my shopping in a totally different state of mind from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind. Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with the little boy I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine, and in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him. Now you have 2 choices: (1) Copy & Paste this on your wall (2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart"

Eh.... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

SheFiend wrote: »

"GET YOUR TISSUES OUT THIS IS SO SAD ... I was walking around in a supermarket when i saw a cashier hand this little boy his money back, the boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old. The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'' The little boy turned to the old woman next to him, ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?'' She replied, ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'' Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to. 'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.' I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.' His eyes were so sad while saying this, 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said, 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.' Then he showed me a very nice photo of himself. He was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll!'' OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money. The little boy said, 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!' Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!'' 'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.'' 'My mommy loves white roses.' A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket. I finished my shopping in a totally different state of mind from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind. Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with the little boy I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine, and in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him. Now you have 2 choices: (1) Copy & Paste this on your wall (2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart"

Eh.... ???

The amount of gimpy headed, dopey f*cksticks who posted that dung is unreal.
    I'd love a virtual fist which would hop out of their screen and punch them smack bang between the eyes for posting sh*te like this...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

SheFiend wrote: »

Eh.... ???

The Granny is a proper cnut for not buying the doll for him, she left him on his own in a shopping centre to probably go and spend her cash on a bottle of Powers and a pack of major..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

great

On September 31st, 2011 Facebook will start charging you for your account. To avoid this you MUST get NAKED, use a PERMANENT marker pen and write on your forehead the word S-U-C-K-E-R and then stand on your dining room table and do the Macarena, all the while singing ”I Will Survive”. After filming and posting it to your Facebook wall and YouTube, then, and only then, will Mark Zuckerberg come down your chimney to tell you that your account will stay free. Pass it on… it must be true because someone on Facebook I hardly know told me

dumb

If you have seen me drunk, like this status. Post this as your status. If you get more than 30 likes, you're a true piss-head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Following on from u_c_thesecond with his Great and Dumb ones....
    IRELAND - HOME SWEET HOME......... The only place where........ • When you were young, you went to bed when Glenroe was over, • If you die from alcohol poisoning, you're considered a lightweight, • '**** off' means 'Are you serious?', ... ... • The person that you insult most is probably your best friend, • Saying 'I will yea' means that you definitely won't, • "**** it, its grand' means that you couldn't be bother finish it properly, • 'Hes fond of a drink' means he suffers from severe life-threatening alcoholism, • Saying you're going for a drink means you might not be seen again for 3 days, • Crisps are called 'Taytos' and fizzy drinks are called 'minerals', • 'For the craic' is the best reason for doing anything, • The best cure for a hangover is more drink, • Nobody can go a day without saying 'Jaysus', • 'Meeting' has a double meaning, • Tea is the solution to every problem, • And water is the solution to every GAA injury, • "I got stuck behind a tractor' is a perfectly valid reason for being late, • We eat Tayto sambos for lunch, and ham sandwiches on the way to Croke Park, • You can insert the name of a gardening tool into any sentence and it still makes sense, e.g. 'I had a rake of drink last night' or "I'll be out in a minute, I'm just shoveling down the dinner', • GAA is considered religion, • Its perfectly acceptable to call your mother 'mammy' even though you are a fully grown adult, • Saying 'Now we're sucking diesel' means that you are happy with the outcome of the situation, • Drinking 'tae' is everyone's favourite past time, • You're scared of the wooden spoon, • The word 'like' goes in every sentence, • You can say "Any craic' to a garda and you won't get arrested, • 'The dogs' bollocks' means something brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

gatecrash wrote: »
    Following on from u_c_thesecond with his Great and Dumb ones....

No wonder culchies are ridiculed on this forum. Glorifying alcohol abuse is funny if you're a 17 year-old student but to everyone else it is (or should be) idiotic.

No wonder culchies are ridiculed on this forum. Glorifying alcohol abuse is funny if you're a 17 year-old student but to everyone else it is (or should be) idiotic.

Is that directed at me??

• Advertisement

Is that directed at me??

No it isn't. Them type of gombeen humour messages have been flying around email inboxes for years now. They're getting old.

No it isn't. Them type of gombeen humour messages have been flying around email inboxes for years now. They're getting old.

Yeah, but there were one or 2 that were not as wrist slittingly cringe inducing as the rest...

Yeah, but there were one or 2 that were not as wrist slittingly cringe inducing as the rest...

That's true. They usually involved Glenroe, tayto or 'hang sangwiches' in some form or another. Ah the memories... gettin all nostalgic now for when my dad used to bring me to the football matches and we'd go into some oul mans pub afterwards for a pint and a 'mineral'...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!~~ This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not copy, will be without money

This is from a teacher...............god help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This is from a teacher...............god help us.

Seeing as the next time it happens is 2016, and the last time it happened was 2005, i think this may be wrong!! :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Seeing as the next time it happens is 2016, and the last time it happened was 2005, i think this may be wrong!! :D

Love it. That's going straight up on the sanctimonious twats page!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

*skip to bottom*
    Hi, Mommy. I'm your baby. You don't know me yet, I'm only a few weeks old. You're going to find out about me soon, though, I promise. Let me tell you some things about me. My name is John, and I've got beautiful blue eyes and black hair. Well, I don't have it yet, but I will when I'm born. I'm going to be your only child, and you'll call me your one and only. I'm going to grow up without a daddy mostly, but we have each other. We'll help each other, and love each other. I want to be a doctor when I grow up. You found out about me today, Mommy! You were so excited, you couldn't wait to tell everyone. All you could do all day was smile, and life was perfect. You have a beautiful smile, Mommy. It will be the first face I will see in my life, and it will be the best thing I see in my life. I know it already. Today was the day you told Daddy. You were so excited to tell him about me! ...He wasn't happy, Mommy. He kind of got angry. I don't think that you noticed, but he did. He started to talk about something called wedlock, and money, and bills, and stuff I don't think I understand yet. You were still happy, though, so it was okay. Then he did something scary, Mommy. He hit you. I could feel you fall backward, and your hands flying up to protect me I was okay but I was very sad for you. You were crying then, Mommy. That's a sound I don't like. It doesn't make me feel good. It made me cry, too. He said sorry after, and he hugged you again. You forgave him, Mommy, but I'm not sure if I do. It wasn't right. You say he loves you... why would he hurt you? I don't like it, Mommy. Finally, you can see me! Your stomach is a little bit bigger, and you're so proud of me! You went out with your mommy to buy new clothes, and you were so so so happy. You sing to me, too. You have the most beautiful voice in the whole wide world. When you sing is when I'm happiest. And you talk to me, and I feel safe. So safe. You just wait and see, Mommy. When I am born I will be perfect just for you. I will make you proud, and I will love you with all of my heart. I can move my hands and feet now, Mommy. I do it because you put your hands on your belly to feel me, and I giggle. You giggle, too. I love you, Mommy. Daddy came to see you today, Mommy. I got really scared. He was acting funny and he wasn't talking right. He said he didn't want you. I don't know why, but that's what he said. And he hit you again. I got angry, Mommy. When I grow up I promise I won't let you get hurt! I promise to protect you. Daddy is bad. I don't care if you think that he is a good person, I think he's bad. But he hit you, and he said he didn't want us. He doesn't like me. Why doesn't he like me, Mommy? You didn't talk to me tonight, Mommy. Is everything okay? It's been three days since you saw Daddy. You haven't talked to me or touched me or anything since that. Don't you still love me, Mommy? I still love you. I think you feel sad. The only time I feel you is when you sleep. You sleep funny, kind of curled up on your side. And you hug me with your arms, and I feel safe and warm again. Why don't you do that when you're awake, any more? I'm 21 weeks old today, Mommy. Aren't you proud of me? We're going somewhere today, and it's somewhere new. I'm excited. It looks like a hospital, too. I want to be a doctor when I grow up, Mommy. Did I tell you that? I hope you're as excited as I am. I can't wait. Mommy, I'm getting scared. Your heart is still beating, but I don't know what you are thinking. The doctor is talking to you. I think something's going to happen soon. I'm really, really, really scared, Mommy. Please tell me you love me. Then I will feel safe again. I love you! Mommy, what are they doing to me!? It hurts! Please make them stop! It feels bad! Please, Mommy, please please help me! Make them stop! Don't worry Mommy, I'm safe. I'm in heaven with the angels now. They told me what you did, and they said it's called an abortion. Why, Mommy? Why did you do it? Don't you love me any more? Why did you get rid of me? I'm really, really, really sorry if I did something wrong, Mommy. I love you, Mommy! I love you with all of my heart. Why don't you love me? What did I do to deserve what they did to me? I want to live, Mommy! Please! It really, really hurts to see you not care about me, and not talk to me. Didn't I love you enough? Please say you'll keep me, Mommy! I want to live, smile and watch the clouds and see your face and grow up and be a doctor. I don't want to be here, I want you to love me again! I'm really really really sorry if I did something wrong. I love you! I love you, Mommy. Every abortion is just… One more heart that was stopped. Two more eyes that will never see. Two more hands that will never touch Two more legs that will never run. One more mouth that will never speak.

# If you’re against Abortion, re-post

I haven't even read it apart from the last line. What utter tripe. Followed by looooads of likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

IT'S
    OFFICIAL! FACEBOOK USERS WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING THEIR FRIENDS COPY AND PASTE INTO THEIR STATUS MESSAGES! NOT ONLY WILL FACEBOOK START CHARGING YOU TOMORROW, THEY ARE ALSO GOING TO BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS OF SERVICES. LUCKILY, EACH PERSON WHO COPIES AND PASTES THIS STATUS WILL RECEIVE A FREE UNICORN IN THE POST TOMORROW. IF YOU DON'T REPOST THIS STATUS, FACEBOOK CODE HAS BEEN SET UP TO AUTOMATICALLY SET YOUR COMPUTER ON FIRE AND HARM AN INNOCENT BUNNY IN THE FOREST! IT'S TRUE, IT WAS ON THE NEWS!!! (Please repost and don't forget the capitals, they are essential!)

It was on the news..........

• Registered Users Posts: 9 overhead

30 more sleeps.. can't wait
    29 more sleeps.. so excited

and so on

Wrecks my head. Needless to say I have her hidden now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ColeTrain wrote: »
    The Granny is a proper cnut for not buying the doll for him, she left him on his own in a shopping centre to probably go and spend her cash on a bottle of Powers and a pack of major..

I reckon the granny was secretly employed by the local florist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

IRELAND - HOME SWEET HOME......... The only place where........ • When you were young, you went to bed when Glenroe was over, • If you die from alcohol poisoning, you're considered a lightweight, • '**** off' means 'Are you serious?', ... ... • The person that you insult most is probably your best friend, • Saying 'I will yea' means that you definitely won't, • "**** it, its grand' means that you couldn't be bothered to finish it properly, • 'He's fond of a drink' means he suffers from severe life-threatening alcoholism, • Saying you're going for a drink means you might not be seen again for 3 days, • Crisps are called 'Taytos' and fizzy drinks are called 'minerals', • 'For the craic' is the best reason for doing anything, • Nobody can go a day without saying 'Jaysus', • Tea is the solution to every problem, • And water is the solution to every GAA injury, • "I got stuck behind a tractor' is a perfectly valid reason for being late, • We eat Tayto sambos for lunch, and ham sandwiches on the way to Croke Park, • You can insert the name of a gardening tool into any sentence and it still makes sense, e.g. 'I had a rake of drink last night' or "I'll be out in a minute, I'm just shoveling down the dinner', • GAA is considered religion, • Its perfectly acceptable to call your mother 'mammy' even though you are a fully grown adult, • Saying 'Now we're sucking diesel' means that you are happy with the outcome of the situation, • Drinking 'tae' is everyone's favourite past time, • You're scared of the wooden spoon, • The word 'like' goes in every sentence, • You can say "Any craic' to a garda and you won't get arrested, • ♥ Proud 2 b Irish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

...just had some lush cinnamon pancakes with golden syrup...Om nom nom...♥

Her status updates change from "Single" to "Its Complicated" to "In a relationship" every few days... or hours sometimes!

Blocked!

I removed her once as a friend, but she added me again. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

flyaway. wrote: »
    IRELAND - HOME SWEET HOME......... The only place where........ • When you were young, you went to bed when Glenroe was over, • If you die from alcohol poisoning, you're considered a lightweight, • '**** off' means 'Are you serious?', ... ... • The person that you insult most is probably your best friend, • Saying 'I will yea' means that you definitely won't, • "**** it, its grand' means that you couldn't be bothered to finish it properly, • 'He's fond of a drink' means he suffers from severe life-threatening alcoholism, • Saying you're going for a drink means you might not be seen again for 3 days, • Crisps are called 'Taytos' and fizzy drinks are called 'minerals', • 'For the craic' is the best reason for doing anything, • Nobody can go a day without saying 'Jaysus', • Tea is the solution to every problem, • And water is the solution to every GAA injury, • "I got stuck behind a tractor' is a perfectly valid reason for being late, • We eat Tayto sambos for lunch, and ham sandwiches on the way to Croke Park, • You can insert the name of a gardening tool into any sentence and it still makes sense, e.g. 'I had a rake of drink last night' or "I'll be out in a minute, I'm just shoveling down the dinner', • GAA is considered religion, • Its perfectly acceptable to call your mother 'mammy' even though you are a fully grown adult, • Saying 'Now we're sucking diesel' means that you are happy with the outcome of the situation, • Drinking 'tae' is everyone's favourite past time, • You're scared of the wooden spoon, • The word 'like' goes in every sentence, • You can say "Any craic' to a garda and you won't get arrested, • ♥ Proud 2 b Irish!!

*Cringes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

coco_lola wrote: »
    ...just had some lush cinnamon pancakes with golden syrup...Om nom nom...♥

Her status updates change from "Single" to "Its Complicated" to "In a relationship" every few days... or hours sometimes!

Blocked!

I removed her once as a friend, but she added me again. Sigh.

I quit Facebook a few years ago, doesn't the ignore request not apply anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Person 1: "ugh im so pissed off right now! :mad:"

Person 2: " aww whats wrong? :("

Person 1: "nothing, im fine :)" or "i cant say over facebook"

**** off attention seeking fool

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

This just popped up in my news feed from 3 friends in a row..

"15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a "slut", no one knows she was raped at age 14. People call another guy "fat", no one knows he has a serious disease causing him to be overweight. People call an old man "ugly", no one knows he experienced a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war. Re-post this if you are against bullying and stereotyping. I bet 88 of you won't,the other 22 arent heartless and will. Hi, my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer . I also have a large tumor in my brain, from repeated beatings. Doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills. The Make A Wish Foundation, has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is sent on. For those of you who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it, what goes around comes around. Have a Heart. Put this as your status"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Everyone posting statuses about the weather today! Yes, it's sunny; yes, I can see that too, thanks - now if you love the sun so much, why are you inside on Facebook?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Not a status but someone i'm friends with with on facebook just created a photo album entitled 'September mushrooms'....

containing photos of yes you've guessed it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Go to Google Maps put New York, NY as your starting point, and China as your ending point, now look at step 39.

Go to Google Maps put Japan as your starting point, and Shanghai as your ending point, now look at step 42.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People spamming news feeds with competitions for hotels :mad: Im reporting them all as spam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement