Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Schwitt schwoo"

Some new version of swit swoo left under yet another boring attention seeking photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

"Whoop whoop"

When something good is about to happen, is happening or has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"bants"

i.e Holiday bants. Debs bants. Football bants. Road trip bants. Cinema bants.

Fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

"I hate people who generalise, they're all idiots."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Don't know if this was brought up already...

People who post a Status, and the only Comment below is there own reply... like wtf !

Have a friend who does this on Facebook with his statuses. It's kinda like he's talking to himself which looks really weird.

• Advertisement

"I hate people who generalise, they're all idiots."

I hate sweeping generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

KKkitty wrote: »
    Have a friend who does this on Facebook with his statuses. It's kinda like he's talking to himself which looks really weird.

Nearly as bad as people who like their own posts. If you don't like/agree with yourself, you wouldn't have said it in first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ah it has its moments. There is a gem of a post every now and again.

What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

Anyyone coming out in (insert village name where nobody lives) ?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Shouldn't of watched lionking the other night. I can't stop singing the song.my fathers going to ring my neck if I don't shut up but i can't help it haha its my favourite song now! Oh I just can'twait to be king, no I just can't waaaaaaait ..TO BE KIIIIIIIIING!!!! even tho I already am the king.mufasa don't have sh*t on me

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:confused::confused:
    Ain't no worries, for the rest of our dazzzzzzze!

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ain't no worries, for the rest of our dazzzzzzze!

:pac:

It's our problem freeeeeeee.....

...philosophyyyy,

Hakuna Matata.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Anything with .com at the end of it. So annoying!

"Out with the lads. Locked.com!!"

I also hate when people use hastags in their statuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Facebook statuses that remind me that it's the weekend. I am friends with one girl on Facebook who post a "yup it's Friday" status every single Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Anything with .com at the end of it. So annoying!

"Out with the lads. Locked.com!!"

I also hate when people use hastags in their statuses.

And half the loons wouldn't know what .com stands for (It's commercial by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Ice bucket challenge. :(

Videos of people dumping buckets of icy water over themselves to raise awareness of ALS (Motor Neuron Disease). I've only seen Americans doing it so far but it's probably already spread here as I've seen Irish people nominated.

If you don't do the challenge you're supposed to donate $100 to charity. Great if it raises money for charity but I can't see many people donating that much.

At least with the no makeup selfie craze, people were donating as well as posting pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

OP, May 2nd
    U know Ur getting old when ur baby says dad will u collect me from the disco

Jerry, May 2nd
    Welcome to the grandad life.

OP, May 2nd
    No grandchildren yet jerry... Not for a looooooong while haha

OP, 3 hours ago
    I spoke 2 soon lol

Took that well in fairness!

well so did she.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Meanwhile, in 1999:
    My Tamagotchi nearly died today. I left it in my bag all day with the sound turned off. Eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Ice bucket challenge. :(

Videos of people dumping buckets of icy water over themselves to raise awareness of ALS (Motor Neuron Disease). I've only seen Americans doing it so far but it's probably already spread here as I've seen Irish people nominated.

If you don't do the challenge you're supposed to donate $100 to charity. Great if it raises money for charity but I can't see many people donating that much.

At least with the no makeup selfie craze, people were donating as well as posting pictures.

reached NI alright, sit in a chair and nominate your friends to do it after you, get people to dump cold water around you while you sit with your feet in more cold water.
    once the water is dumped around you then you stand up and put your cold feet water around yourself and its to raise money for cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

montyrebel wrote: »
    reached NI alright, sit in a chair and nominate your friends to do it after you, get people to dump cold water around you while you sit with your feet in more cold water.
    once the water is dumped around you then you stand up and put your cold feet water around yourself and its to raise money for cancer

Like all dumb facebook "nominations", a quick google search shows it has already claimed several lives. We're supposed to be intelligent... right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

rawn wrote: »
    Like all dumb facebook "nominations", a quick google search shows it has already claimed several lives. We're supposed to be intelligent... right?

I might have missed a meeting but how exactly has iced water claimed lives? :confused:
    I mean I think the whole FB nminations thing is shíte, just donate to charity and shut the fook up but the above has confused me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I might have missed a meeting but how exactly has iced water claimed lives? :confused:
    I mean I think the whole FB nminations thing is shíte, just donate to charity and shut the fook up but the above has confused me.
    Shhh don't ask..just believe.

Natural selection at its best. ::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

It's pretty much impossible for it to kill you.

Not to say it's not stupid, every single nomination craze on facebook is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Is it weird for me to hate people plagueing facebook with pics of their babies??? Seems to be all facebook is used for anymore. Just today i saw one of my friends upload a scan of an unborn baby who wont be born until feb next year. I mean come on isnt that a bit ott??

Mince Pie wrote: »

Google "cold water challenge deaths". As with nek nominations and selfies, they are harmless until people get stupid about it. And people ALWAYS get stupid about it.
    I mean I think the whole FB nminations thing is shíte, just donate to charity and shut the fook up but the above has confused me

But... but... if I donate to charity and don't tell anyone, did I even do anything?

who gives a fuk that robin Williams died.... what about all the innocent children and people getting killed in Gazza.... wud ya stop....

Nothing beats Facebook political activists :')

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8279719168/h14561F36/

I laughed way too hard. And then cried a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8279719168/h14561F36/

I laughed way too hard. And then cried a little.

So many people leave their FB pages as public & then wonder why they get no call-back or follow up from job interviews they go on.

If you have the intelligence to flag your profile to private, no-one bar your "friends" know how dumb you are. But then this thread would die a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Performed a FB purge a while back. The GF noticed how I pretty much culled all women from my friend list.
    Reasons:
    1. Posting pictures of food
    2. Who are you and why did I accept you
    3. You post genuinely annoying sh*t
    4. I don't know you that well and you don't make me laugh

My sister used to be very silly and leaving herself logged in so I used to take advantage. Convinced half the parish she was a lesbian once. Unfortunately she knew my Achilles heel and sent out 300+ friend requests to people I don't know/like on one hungover day I was logged in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

fizzypish wrote: »
    Performed a FB purge a while back. The GF noticed how I pretty much culled all women from my friend list.

It really annoys me when people use the words "purge" or "cull" when talking about Facebook friends ... if you don't want to be friends with them, then quietly unfriend them, why does anyone else have to know, and why does it have to be a big deal?! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement