Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So you feel bad about how you look in the gym; and it's the fault of the person who worked hard and looks good? What a load of BS.
    FFS, I worked hard to lose weight precisely so I can wear nice clothes and look and feel better. I'm not going around in sack cloth to make other people feel better about themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Emily O'Reilly at "ha past five"
    DriveTime at "ha past four"...

Presumably elocution lessons at "ha past six"?

Why does Richard Collins speak like every sentence like a weather man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Derek Mooney and shouty Brenda are an appalling combination,how much more time are we to be subjected to them.

I switch off the radio the minute they come on,there is nothing informative,or entertaining about the drivel they spout so why is my licence fee paying their salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Who thought it would be a good idea to put on an African wildlife show................. ON THE RADIO?
    David Attenborough must be quaking in his boots.:confused:

• Advertisement

Who thought it would be a good idea to put on an African wildlife show................. ON THE RADIO?
    David Attenborough must be quaking in his boots.:confused:
    Maybe it's a money saving drive, they can pretend they went to Africa, you just have Richard doing the lion noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Maybe it's a money saving drive, they can pretend they went to Africa, you just have Richard doing the lion noises.

Have Richard interview a lion

Richard: I was reading in your book that as a lion and now correct me if I am wrong that in the Serengeti lions actually have a habit of eating from the remains of dead tigers, but I put it to you that lions and tigers don't actually meet in any part of the world, but it is an interesting insight into the world of a lion wouldn't you say or is it that you just prefer to ramble around Africa and India as I do on Mooney every Friday, I could go for months just how one might say yabbering on for no apparent reason other than the sound of my own voice, would you say I could live with the lions in the way that you have lived with lions your whole life, you know I lived in some place in Ireland a few years back and the local cat told me he was related to a Lion in Africa and that the only reason he was so tiny was due to the Irish diet of Wiskas, do you think he is right, I wouldn't say you do from read your book because on page 199 you say RAAAAAARAAAA RAAAARAAA you must really dislike the RA because your very passionate about this topic in your book though its the only bit of politics you get into nothing about the British and how they hunted your ancestors down to put in Zoos and Museums, for that matter would you consider yourself for the role of the MGM Lion, I would say from reading your book from cover to cover and studying it for months on end that you would, your a bit of a leo the lion wouldn't you say, I know you'd say it.....

Elmo wrote: »
    Have Richard interview a lion

Richard: I was reading in your book that as a lion and now correct me if I am wrong that in the Serengeti lions actually have a habit of eating from the remains of dead tigers, but I put it to you that lions and tigers don't actually meet in any part of the world, but it is an interesting insight into the world of a lion wouldn't you say or is it that you just prefer to ramble around Africa and India as I do on Mooney every Friday, I could go for months just how one might say yabbering on for no apparent reason other than the sound of my own voice, would you say I could live with the lions in the way that you have lived with lions your whole life, you know I lived in some place in Ireland a few years back and the local cat told me he was related to a Lion in Africa and that the only reason he was so tiny was due to the Irish diet of Wiskas, do you think he is right, I wouldn't say you do from read your book because on page 199 you say RAAAAAARAAAA RAAAARAAA you must really dislike the RA because your very passionate about this topic in your book though its the only bit of politics you get into nothing about the British and how they hunted your ancestors down to put in Zoos and Museums, for that matter would you consider yourself for the role of the MGM Lion, I would say from reading your book from cover to cover and studying it for months on end that you would, your a bit of a leo the lion wouldn't you say, I know you'd say it.....

Lion: Actually Richard, I didn't write that book, it was my colleague Elephant that carried out that research.

Lion: Actually Richard, I didn't write that book, it was my colleague Elephant that carried out that research.
    Actually, what's Mooney doin in Africa anyway?
    I demand a return to getting people to sing in showers, talking about his tits, saying "faaaaantastic" and interviewing cheesy ex-national song contest hopefuls!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What a you know what that radio presenter from Ireland but living in SA for 28 years.
    He tells Derek he doesnt consider himself Irish, what a traitor, he was born here and lived here that makes him Irish.
    And he came over to play rugby when the boycott was on, yeah he is a great man to be talking to other people what is right and wrong in his talk show in SA.

• Advertisement

What a you know what that radio presenter from Ireland but living in SA for 28 years.

John robbie is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Richard: Yes but in essence he was just researched the book, you couldn't tell me that an Elephant with limited lionese/English could write a book without a translator and from reading chapter Roar Lion Roar you point to your fluency in Elephantian indeed your even quite good and Elephantiside, is not true you ate the Elephant once the book was finished? I know you did because of the slopping writing towards the end of the book, which you put down to a nervous Antelope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

John robbie is it?

Yeah.

Again, can anybody tell me why Mooney is in Africa?
    You'd never hear Joe Duffy broadcasting from Cape Town.
    He might get to the Red Cow Hotel now and again on a Funny Friday.
    This shyte seems totally unnecessary and a waste of money:mad:

Because his name came out of the hat?

Because his name came out of the hat?
    There shouldn't be a hat.....:(

OK....there REALLY shouldn't be a hat.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

You'd never hear Joe Duffy broadcasting from Cape Town.
    He might get to the Red Cow Hotel now and again on a Funny Friday.

Its a lot bloody better than a week of singing in the bloody shower.

And id say it cost them nothing, sounds like the south African tourist board were sponsoring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Its a lot bloody better than a week of singing in the bloody shower.

And id say it cost them nothing, sounds like the south African tourist board were sponsoring it!

I thought the same thing.

He could have sat in Montrose and read most of today's program from wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

About half of domestic OBs and probably 100% of all foreign OBs (with the exception of sports and 'national events' e.g. Eurovision) are only done if there's actually a profit margin for the station. Sponsors both pay for the OB and cover the costs involved.

MYOB wrote: »
    About half of domestic OBs and probably 100% of all foreign OBs (with the exception of sports and 'national events' e.g. Eurovision) are only done if there's actually a profit margin for the station. Sponsors both pay for the OB and cover the costs involved.
    So, if I understand this correctly, if we sent Mooney and entourage, out on the road everyday, preferably on international trips, not only would the radio station not lose money as I suggested, but it would actually turn a profit???
    Singin in the shower from Seychelles, Mooney's Money from Marrakesh, Mooney's Monday Quiz from Myanmar, Mooney goes Wild in Wellington, Mooney's Tunes from Tunisia......
    :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

So, if I understand this correctly, if we sent Mooney and entourage, out on the road everyday, preferably on international trips, not only would the radio station not lose money as I suggested, but it would actually turn a profit???
    Singin in the shower from Seychelles, Mooney's Money from Marrakesh, Mooney's Monday Quiz from Myanmar, Mooney goes Wild in Wellington, Mooney's Tunes from Tunisia......
    :cool:

Needs someone willing to pay for the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

we are all paying for this fool to travel around the world enough is enough he is utter crap:mad:

Leilak wrote: »
    we are all paying for this fool to travel around the world enough is enough he is utter crap:mad:

Only via funding advertisers really. It won't have cost RTE anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

hang on.

so theres no actual real reason why he's in SA ?

I thought i just missed something during the week. TBH i found the whole thing utterly tedious. less lions, more tits and showers please !

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's clearly sponsored by the SA tourist board. You have to wonder though, did Mooney put the idea to them or vice versa..

Also, when putting on his wetsuit to go into the water, Mooney stated: "I hate latex"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How the plug hasn't been pulled yet on this show, I do not know.
    Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I caught a bit of this show on way home from work. I think that Derek was on a bit of a doss, as he kept playing music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mooney has set his sights on demolishing Beckett's reputation! Panic everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement