Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Oh shutup Richard ffs... It's not a musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Richard's voice drives me scatty.......it's like a "priests" voice.......

Richard's voice drives me scatty.......it's like a "priests" voice.......

Richard seem to miss the small fact that you have to run 130KV lines to the beautiful windmill to carry the electricity back to civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

At the end of the day, what are the consequences of a BAI complaint being upheld, apart from the possible embarrassment caused to the presenter? Not much really.
    Perhaps if the presenter had 5% of their salary deducted every time a complaint was upheld against them, then Derek and Joe might learn the lesson of objectivity directly through their wallets.

We're gonna hear a lot more boring old farts of dinosaurs from the Irish Catholic, the Iona Institute etc etc to bring 'balance' to debates on our airwaves.:(

Derek's voice is off the Richter Scale today....

• Advertisement

Ah, good luck, now I'm hearing how Derek's shower routine goes......

TMI......... :(

I'm out.

A couple more smart ar$e remarks alluding to the BAI criticism of him again today. Him and his Israeli buddy like two witches around the cauldron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

He had to give the little sarcastic remark about pat kenny leaving for the other "shower",...bad pun.

I'd say he is still miffed about it.Repeating what he says himself....

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT, DEREK!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I can see Derek and Shay Byrne having a 'water cooler' discussion today if they meet up.
    Shay made less than favourable comments this morning about Mrs Brown tickets being sold a year in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

if rte management needed a good excuse to axe mooney the promo before the news was it. christmas decorations for sale in august and sending someone to see them in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Show must have been real merd today. Not even one post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

It's really bad everyday. I haven't listened in for ages, but keep an eye on this.
    It'll have to go soon. It really is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference" (Elie Wiesel)

Just listening to the ads on Newstalk. Here's the text of the ad for Global Village tonight.

"Same sex couples in Ireland want to be able to marry so that they can be treated as equals and so that their children wont feel like second class citizens in their own country. On Global Village this Saturday we hear how thousands are set to take part in this Sunday's march for marriage equality."

If Mooney has action taken against him for what he said, surely this is in breach of the same "balance" that the BAI seemingly insists on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

If Mooney has action taken against him for what he said, surely this is in breach of the same "balance" that the BAI seemingly insists on.
    The BAI will only act if there is a complaint though (which, IIRC, there was only one against Mooney).

The Mooney Show has far more listeners than Global Village and given the time of day, would be more likely to upset certain people than the GV programme.

Besides, the GV audience (such as it is) has probably been whittled down to a self-selecting set who agree with everything Dil says.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

serfboard wrote: »
    Besides, the GV audience (such as it is) has probably been whittled down to a self-selecting set who agree with everything Dil says.

In fairness NewsTalk then has Marc Coleman on to give a differing point of view.

Why dont they have a female presenter of The Mooney Show, Derek..

As you would say to listeners of your own show Derek, if you dont like The Rose Of Tralee, then dont f**king watch it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Billy Keane really loves the sound of his own voice. Mooney has him lined up for the tyre kicking guff. If they were chatting about the mating rituals of the Tuaregs, Billy would probably have an opinion as well.

Billy Keane really loves the sound of his own voice.

What the hell is tyre kicking in the context of the pub trade?

"That's a grand pint there, did it have many owners... Can I take it for a test drive? "

This isn't very clever from Billy Keane... People will not feel welcome coming in to his pub... Does he not want people calling to the place...

• Advertisement

This isn't very clever from Billy Keane... People will not feel welcome coming in to his pub... Does he not want people calling to the place...

He's a miserable ould oddball. If I ever find myself in Listowel, I'll keep well away from his pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

can anybody say whats going on about keane for context please

kupus wrote: »
    can anybody say whats going on about keane for context please

Billy Keane complaining about people who come in to his bar.... ask loads of questions... ask for a glass of water... use the toilets.. and then leave without spending a penny.... (well besides the penny spent in the jacks.. ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Billy Keane complaining about people who come in to his bar.... ask loads of questions... ask for a glass of water... use the toilets.. and then leave without spending a penny.... (well besides the penny spent in the jacks.. ;) )

The grumpy swine. Public bar> public toilets. If he feels that bad why doesn't he charge for the water and not answer questions. BTW I didn't hear him,just goin on CH's post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

As a Listowel native myself, I can assure ye were not all like him down here.

He's living off he's fathers name all he's life. Let him change the name of the pub if he's sick of tourists going in taking pictures. And we would soon see how long the bar would stay open.

And if you ever do meet billy personally, ask him why he suddenly quit being a solicitor?

And if you ever do meet billy personally, ask him why he suddenly quit being a solicitor?

Or just google "Billy Keane Solicitor".. ;)

Paul Harrington's new song, "I Love You More Than Me".....

Must have been written by an incurable narcissist.

This one's false modesty is nauseating. Apparently she doesn't like performing in front of people, but she's singing on The Mooney Show and she's just acted in a film :rolleyes:

"Gym intimidation" - a first world problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

do ya remember the ol day when ya just got over it ?

no now ya need some spa to draft rules about how other people feel.

no wonder the planets going to hell in a handbasket.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement