Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

If O'Neill & Keane don't work out, I vote for "Mooney For Manager"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Am I missing something?

These songs being performed have been on previous 'Mooney Tunes' - why pay money to hear them again?

Yep.

This folksy bull appears to have reached it's sell by date if the sluggish ticket sales are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

First time he's spoke of the Eurovision since the last competition.
    There was an uncanny blanket silence after the last contest.
    He wouldn't even MENTION it!!!
    And that was after a big 6 month build up and incessant guests/spokespeople/opinions etc.
    Including the whole Mooney experience broadcasting from the show and Mooney flirting with the winner.
    Has enough time gone by I wonder.
    For me....no. It hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,104 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Did I hear that right?

Tubs doesn't want Eurosong on the LLS anymore?

Finding a scoreboard that goes higher than 100 points would be a good start :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How many times must Mooney play Mascagni's Intermezzo?? I used to like that piece of music, but I'm sick to death of it now.

PS: Other pieces of classical music are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Oh not the "singing" in the shower BS again.....:confused:

Derek, the man who earns over €200k a year doesn't believe in buying people wedding and birthday presents :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Monday: free 1 hour promo for Crystal Swing
    Tuesday: free promo for Mary Byrne
    Wednesday: ?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Monday: free 1 hour promo for Crystal Swing
    Tuesday: free promo for Mary Byrne
    Wednesday: ?

Jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Two posts on the Moooooooney Show in 52 minutes. Just goes to show how deplorable the show is.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

An on-air apology for mis-information.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Two posts on the Moooooooney Show in 52 minutes. Just goes to show how deplorable the show is.:mad::mad:

I lasted about 2 minutes into the intro......some drivel about Brenda being in the the shower??.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I lasted about 2 minutes into the intro......some drivel about Brenda being in the the shower??.......:rolleyes:

Me too,I don't even bother now. As soon as old misery guts is over I turn on BBC or a happy channel from the Caribbean.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Shudder....

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The producers in RTE are deplorable, there just recycling the same old ****e every few months on Mooney's show now.

Is there anyone in charge there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Fair play to Mooney for encouraging people to watch Oliver Callan's show.. Callan start every Mooney sketch on the show with "I'm Derek Mooney, and I earn two hundred and twenty grand a year"... I thought Mooney would have been more likely to encourage people to avert their gaze so as to take attention away from his own wages..

Fair play to Mooney for encouraging people to watch Oliver Callan's show.. Callan start every Mooney sketch on the show with "I'm Derek Mooney, and I earn two hundred and twenty grand a year"... I thought Mooney would have been more likely to encourage people to avert their gaze so as to take attention away from his own wages..

I think he likes the attention....I'd say he earns more "as he and Blath have a contract".....apparently.....as she likes to tell us...again and again..

The "more attention the merrier" I'd say as far as Derek is concerned....

And good luck to him with it. I'd like a contract like that.

Me too,I don't even bother now. As soon as old misery guts is over I turn on BBC or a happy channel from the Caribbean.:o

Links please??....:)

Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

bahaaa :pac:

"The presenter adopted a partizan position".. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ha that was a laugh.

The Bible eh, Derek.. what about the 12th commandment. "Thou shalt not ram thyne own opinions down the throat of others".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ha well done Mooney, ya langer ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Del is very eager to hammer home the fact that there are two sides represented in this debate.

nicel little dig at the complain methinks !

:D

ah hear im lapsying into a coma here.

im off.

At the end of the day, what are the consequences of a BAI complaint being upheld, apart from the possible embarrassment caused to the presenter? Not much really.
    Perhaps if the presenter had 5% of their salary deducted every time a complaint was upheld against them, then Derek and Joe might learn the lesson of objectivity directly through their wallets.

Not much really.
    Perhaps if the presenter had 5% of their salary deducted every time a complaint was upheld against them, then Derek and Joe might learn the lesson of objectivity directly through their wallets.

Maybe get Mooney to present another program that is anti gay marriage, to return the equilibrium..

Simplistic Generalizations?? On the Mooney Show??? Well, I never...

• Advertisement

At the end of the day, what are the consequences of a BAI complaint being upheld, apart from the possible embarrassment caused to the presenter? Not much really.

Ah Harry, that's terrible heartless!...Poor Derek and Joe would be on skid row with only cabbages to kick by the time you'd be finished with them.....:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement