Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Expunge

That's probably not the whole story is it though?

In common with other semi-state bodies, RTE staff and contractors will claim travel and subsistence (meals and accomodation) for the days they are on the job over there.
    Also, they will probably claim a day (or two) off in lieu of travelling.

A simple FOI request will probably show that the free filghts (and maybe acomodation) from the Sunday World is not the whole story.

I'd be surprised if this is cost neutral to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Billy McGuinnes live on Newstalk talking about the Eurovision now.. !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dont get me wrong though.. I am HUGELY looking forward to Mooney ranting on about the injustice of it all.. :pac::pac:

I might make an exception and listen today just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RTE make the money from the text votes Billy says

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gee let slip the other day that they watched the first semi in the pub...

FFS!!

There really was no need for the whole lot of them to be there all week, Copenhagen is hardly a 3 day camel ride away.

They could have flown in Wednesday afternoon and still got all the necessary interviews*.

Detailed breakdown of costs needed ASAP.

*That child dancer that was interviewed yesterday was a monumental pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The whole Mooney show should be scrapped.

The Irish entry was crap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

*popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mooney is in hiding

Eh. No eurovision? what kind of crap is this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

*popcorn*

He's not there.. On the plane apparently.. that know it all Olan McGowan is on with the feathered tree huggers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm only half listening. I haven't heard a word about the Eurovision.

It's a disgrace, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So no eurovision meltdown today ? the show on monday should be fun radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah it's the Wild show today. Tuned in to hear about how to get rid of urban foxes. So long as I'm 60' from the road (and get a gun) I can shoot them.

Grand, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

derek-and-conchita-wurst-from-austria

Mooney sniffing around an Austrian entry. What a creep.

sooner the better Mooney's euro ego trip is put a stop to. why was he and his entuourage there all week??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

sooner the better Mooney's euro ego trip is put a stop to. why was he and his entuourage there all week??

Perhaps the answer to your question is in the photo....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Because it was a gay event. Mooney will be disappointed that Ireland didn't qualify but he'll be delighted with the winner. Wonder what his reaction would have been if Poland won?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

This is a preemptive warning to the next couple of days shows that any and all attempts at gender bashing (be it the Austrian, Polish or any of the other of the Eurovision songs or other attempted pull ins to said subject) will be dealt with harshly.

//MOD

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Baba P

Looking forward to some inside stories from The Vision today

Still no Mooney today.

Live outside broadcast from the Grand Canal Theatre, because his tickets are fkcuin goin on sale!!!!!!!!
    WTF..!!!!!!??????
    Great use of resources:cool:

• Advertisement

Alan Hughes getting a big head

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Presumably Mooney will be in full Eurovision mode today. After all, there's only about 362 days to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Expunge

Presumably Mooney will be in full Eurovision mode today. After all, there's only about 362 days to the next one.

Hopefully you're right, Harry. There is a lot to be discussed and, frankly, 362 days may not be enough to sort out all Ireland's Eurovision problems.

A Commission of Enquiry has to be established as a matter of great urgency.

Paul Gee must also come on and apologise and admit he doesn't know fu*kin everything after confidently predicting Ireland would make the final.
    He must beg, BEG, for our forgivness to the tune of Lulu's Boom Bang a Bang - the UK's 1969 entry which came joint first that year with three other countries.

He must name the three other entries, the artists who sang them and the songwriters and must sing them in full in the original languages.

<snip>

Can I add that Monday's show was basically a big promotion for the Mooney/Rté concert. It was exaggerated publicity to convince the public to spend money on a Rté entertainment product.

Disgusting.

No eurovision today either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

They're probably hoping people will forget about the whole Eurovision debacle, keeping quiet until the heat of debate dissipates .....Kasey who anyone ??
    Although I'd expect Derek will want to regale us with his views on Conchita Wurst etc ... Ah well, at least it's only 2 days til Mooney Goes Wild and the Dawn Chorus weekend !! Beats Eurovision any day !

Reckon there was a gagging order placed on Mooney.
    I mean FFS, only a week ago we had whole shows devoted to it, with all the Euro cheerleaders out in force.
    Now today he's back.
    Not a single word.
    Not.
    One.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I mean FFS, only a week ago we had whole shows devoted to it, with all the Euro cheerleaders out in force.
    Now today he's back.
    Not a single word.
    Not.
    One.

Or perhaps he did something in Denmark that he wants to forget.
    What happens on tour, stays on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Now today he's back.
    Not a single word.
    Not.
    One.

He realises that it's a complete and utter waste of time and money for RTE to be sending him off on his Eurovision junkets. He's probably keeping his mouth shut and hoping RTE will forget about such a waste of resources so that he can partake of the Austrian freebie next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

He realises that it's a complete and utter waste of time and money for RTE to be sending him off on his Eurovision junkets. He's probably keeping his mouth shut and hoping RTE will forget about such a waste of resources so that he can partake of the Austrian freebie next year.

Not for a minute defending Derek's infatuation with all things Eurovision ( he's big and bold enough to speak for himself) but isn't his Euro junket sponsored my one of the tabloids and an airline ? Think I heard him mention that on a few occasions ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement