Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

"Lots of police on the street"

Well, that's not like Dublin anyway!...

Is this young lady afraid to speak honestly about Putin?....

What do you think Derek??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Derek to woman on telephone: "Make me want to come (to moscow)"

snubbleste wrote: »
    Derek to woman on telephone: "Make me want to come (to moscow)"

Derek better bring his Terminator suit...;)

Derek just admitted: "First of all I'm gay"
    Is that a first?

• Advertisement

I get the impression this girls interview is being heavily edited...

She can hardly say what she's going to do for the future if she's in a relationship...

Get a grip Derek...

Sounds like self-medication....

Bad idea...

Russian men...Good luck with that one!

Grace made no bones about Irish men getting sorted with Russian girls...

That was a sad story really. Grace didn't do them any favours with her descriptions of Russian women....I believe her, but it sounded very desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

13% income tax, scobes given a beating by Cops, no cradle to grave Welfare scroungers and a President who acts in his Countries strategic interests. Sounds like a good place to live.

13% income tax, scobes given a beating by Cops, no cradle to grave Welfare scroungers and a President who acts in his Countries strategic interests. Sounds like a good place to live.

You go first, I'll follow.......:pac:

• Advertisement

Lovely story about the memories of a Mam and Dad who adopted a little boy and gave him dreams and a life.

Brave family to fight for a little boy who became a son to them.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Away with you then and go and live in a country with below-average life expectancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

serfboard wrote: »
    Away with you then and go and live in a country with below-average life expectancy.

Yes, we spend borrow billions of euros to fund junkies, alcoholics, junk food addicts and the bone idle so that they can live irresponsibly for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mardy Burren and the paparazzo. It's far from that lot she was raised :rolleyes:
    Her 15 minutes are well and truly up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Seems RTE are the only ones who will give Mary Byrne an airing these days. You'd wonder do Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh even take calls from here these days.. They've got their moneys worth from her so I guess she's no use to them if they cant monetize her..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Must have been standing room only in the studio today with Mary Byrne and Fat Brenda in there at the same time. Derek must have felt like the filling in a doorstep sandwich!!

Crystal Swing love-in/advertorial

Genuine jingle: "Kleenex sponsors the Mooney show - it's not only your windscreen that needs wiping"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why can't Derek stick to subjects he knows about?
    Wayne Rooney is a rubbish footballer? Right derek, have a kickaround with him and we'll see. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I used to like Derek Mooney as a broadcaster. When he started out he had enthusiasm, came across as friendly, was able to chair a discussion and was a generally enjoyable radio presenter.

But this show has become unlistenable. Derek just indulges himself by ranting about whatever his particular like or dislike happens to be that particular day. It goes on and on, and there appears to be no structure to the show. If he kept his whimsy to small doses, it wouldn't be so bad.

If so many people didn't keep their Radio tuned to Radio 1 all day regardless of output, he would get a rude awakening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Grand these kids organising for their mum to win a holiday, would it not be better if they did a bit of the cooking and cleaning? Cooking three dinners to suit their tastes! Wouldn't happen in my house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Skid X wrote: »
    I used to like Derek Mooney Joe as a broadcaster. When he started out he had enthusiasm, came across as friendly, was able to chair a discussion and was a generally enjoyable radio presenter.

But this show has become unlistenable. Derek just indulges himself by ranting about whatever his particular like or dislike happens to be that particular day. It goes on and on, and there appears to be no structure to the show. If he kept his whimsy to small doses, it wouldn't be so bad.

If so many people didn't keep their Radio tuned to Radio 1 all day regardless of output, he would get a rude awakening.

You could cut and paste this to the Liveline thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Skid X wrote: »
    I used to like Derek Mooney as a broadcaster. When he started out he had enthusiasm, came across as friendly, was able to chair a discussion and was a generally enjoyable radio presenter.

Just seen this post as it pops up on threads I have been following.

Do what I did a few months ago, when I couldn't listen anymore, turn it off or tune out. Silence is actually golden in comparison to this guy and his opinions. This useless and unprofessional broadcaster has broken a habit of my lifetime, that is, listening to Radio one all day.
    Now I spin the dial two to three times a day or just simply turn it off...RTE's and their advertisers loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

At the risk of spoiling the party I have to say, whilst I have no great time for either Mooney or Duffy, the are way more listenable to than the bland patter of most of the presenters who turn themselves inside out trying to please everyone.

Aonghus McAnally,Des Cahill, Ronan Collins,Mary Wilson, Sean Rocks etc. etc

Damien O'Reilly ,Meeriam,John Murray, Rachel English , bland and tasteless as skimmed milk.

At least the other two have a frikken opinion of their own and are able to stand up for their views.

I realise some of those programmes don't facilitate much 'independent thinking' but surely to God they could get a little more of an edge on them.

I don't particularly like them but at least Duffy and Mooney push the boat out of the fohhking harbour now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Just seen this post as it pops up on threads I have been following.

Do what I did a few months ago, when I couldn't listen anymore, turn it off or tune out. Silence is actually golden in comparison to this guy and his opinions. This useless and unprofessional broadcaster has broken a habit of my lifetime, that is, listening to Radio one all day.
    Now I spin the dial two to three times a day or just simply turn it off...RTE's and their advertisers loss!

I know what you mean. I like to channel hop and it's rare I would listen to Mooney, but it's easy to get sucked into listening in a "how bad can this show get" way.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

At the risk of spoiling the party I have to say, whilst I have no great time for either Mooney or Duffy, the are way more listenable to than the bland patter of most of the presenters who turn themselves inside out trying to please everyone.

Aonghus McAnally,Des Cahill, Ronan Collins,Mary Wilson, Sean Rocks etc. etc

Damien O'Reilly ,Meeriam,John Murray, Rachel English , bland and tasteless as skimmed milk.

At least the other two have a frikken opinion of their own and are able to stand up for their views.

I realise some of those programmes don't facilitate much 'independent thinking' but surely to God they could get a little more of an edge on them.

I don't particularly like them but at least Duffy and Mooney push the boat out of the fohhking harbour now and again.

...and for you to do your 'fohhking' best to sink them... :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

roran wrote: »
    ...and for you to do your 'fohhking' best to sink them... :D:D:D

What exactly do you mean by that remark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Do people notice a change in his attitude since he came out of the closet?

Neeson wrote: »
    Do people notice a change in his attitude since he came out of the closet?

I don't think he was ever in one. It was never an issue in the sense that he was hiding who he was. And his sexuality has nothing to do with my opinion of him as a professional broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I don't think he was ever in one. It was never an issue in the sense that he was hiding who he was. And his sexuality has nothing to do with my opinion of him as a professional broadcaster.

True, but now that he isn't denying it and is free he might be more relaxed and flamboyant and that's why he has a lot of queer topics on the show. Of course, I wouldn't really say there is anything wrong with that at all. He is catering for one group in society and making sure their needs are met. I suppose the national broadcaster should have something that appeals to all people as long as they have legal interests.

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    True, but now that he isn't denying it and is free

When did he 'deny' it and when was he 'unfree'? Have I missed something?

Very peculiar slant you have there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement