Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

What exactly do you mean by that remark?

Could you just try to be a little bit less negative about presenters, whom many, many more people seem to find are doing a good job! If you are going to be so negative about so many presenters, maybe you might indicate their error(s) and how you would 'advise' them to improve.
    This might help the rest of us learn how to appreciate good radio presenters. ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

At the risk of spoiling the party I have to say, whilst I have no great time for either Mooney or Duffy, the are way more listenable to than the bland patter of most of the presenters who turn themselves inside out trying to please everyone.

Aonghus McAnally,Des Cahill, Ronan Collins,Mary Wilson, Sean Rocks etc. etc

Damien O'Reilly ,Meeriam,John Murray, Rachel English , bland and tasteless as skimmed milk.

At least the other two have a frikken opinion of their own and are able to stand up for their views.

I realise some of those programmes don't facilitate much 'independent thinking' but surely to God they could get a little more of an edge on them.

I don't particularly like them but at least Duffy and Mooney push the boat out of the fohhking harbour now and again.
    roran wrote: »
    ...and for you to do your 'fohhking' best to sink them... :D:D:D
    Could you just try to be a little bit less negative about presenters, whom many, many more people seem to find are doing a good job! If you are going to be so negative about so many presenters, maybe you might indicate their error(s) and how you would 'advise' them to improve.
    This might help the rest of us learn how to appreciate good radio presenters. ;).

Why should I?

It's my opinion and others are quite entitled to theirs.

I would have thought that the first quoted post indicated why I was 'negative ' to use your terminology and the other posts indicated how they could improve?

Have you a vested interest in this discussion as you appear very defensive .

I am actually defending Mooney and Duffy.

Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Happyman42 wrote: »
    When did he 'deny' it and when was he 'unfree'? Have I missed something?

Very peculiar slant you have there.

Yeah maybe deny was the wrong word. I suppose he's more comfortable being himself now since he came out and his show has changed because of that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not a chimera but a hybrid I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Not a chimera but a hybrid I think.

:):) I wish I could get a well paid job reading out stuff from google. like yer man on Mooney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I havent tuned in for a long time. Still as bad as ever? I presume it'll be non stop eurovision for the next month or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MJ23 wrote: »
    I havent tuned in for a long time. Still as bad as ever? I presume it'll be non stop eurovision for the next month or so?

It's non-stop Eurovision all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I strongly doubt that. The truth is that most people just couldn't be arsed to change their radio dial. The Mooney Show is atrocious. There is no shape nor meaning to it. For all the world it appears to represent the stream of consciousness of Derek and Brenda, and neither one of them are the slightest bit interesting. Mooney seems to be under the mistaken belief that the listeners seem to like his curmudgeonly attitude, when the truth of the matter is that most Liveline listeners couldn't be arsed to switch on anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I wish Marty would stop wittering and just play the music.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No Brenda...Your a floor filler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Some amount of ass kissing and plamás from the potato man today..

Some amount of ass kissing and plamás from the potato man today..

That's no way to get a "Dermot's Scented Candle" in the post from him....:D

Derek must have insisted that Marty do this show while he is away so his job is safe...

Go for the Sky job Marty for the GAA matches....

That's where you belong...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Some quality broadcasting here.
    Re-hashing the "best" of the past 10 Mooney tunes concerts as a promo for the 11th.
    We are not worthy of this culture fest.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That's no way to get a "Dermot's Scented Candle" in the post from him....:D

There's a man I've heard very little from over the past year or so, he used to be a firm fixture of a Thursday.

I hope his health problems haven't worsened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm tired of Derek joking about the blue tits-Geraldine didn't know what he was talking about.
    Otherwise, Michael was very good talking about driving abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Harvey's Birthday today!!!!
    Who-hooo...!!!!!!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Harvey's Birthday today!!!!
    Who-hooo...!!!!!!!!:pac:
    I think I've heard Harvey on some radio ads, anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I wouldn't mind listening in today as I spent a memorable Summer in Denmark some years ago and this could be interesting and nostalgic.

I only hope Brek isn't with him and he doesn't spend the show discussing Danish musicals and Hans Christian Andersen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

derek-and-conchita-wurst-from-austria

Mooney sniffing around an Austrian entry. What a creep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

derek-and-conchita-wurst-from-austria

Mooney sniffing around an Austrian entry. What a creep.

Gime a bucket.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Gime a bucket.....:eek:

Wait until I eat my Danish pastry first.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The "complete waste of money,shambles etc" wind up Mooney texts will be flying in today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We were beaten by a whisker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

And to hear de mentor of de act, Hazel Kaneswarren, on Mooney yesterday confidently predicting a top 5 finish - in the final!
    She said they were the only act to bring their own graphics with them and then outlined how the forces of light and dark are represented by the 2 irish dancers. One was blonde and one was dark, apparently. The staging is everything, says she.

That Paul Gee lad also assumed the Irish song would be in the final, without question.
    I suppose if you're suckling at the teet of the License Fee for this annual jolly, it's probably worth saying.

Expunge wrote: »
    And to hear de mentor of de act, Hazel Kaneswarren, on Mooney yesterday confidently predicting a top 5 finish - in the final! She said they were the only act to bring their own graphics with them and then outlined how the forces of light and dark are represented by the 2 irish dancers. One was blonde and one was dark, apparently. The staging is everything, says she.

I heard all that stuff on the Mooney show yesterday... What struck me was what lengths they went to, to shoehorn in every piece of paddywhackery they could... Celtic Graphics, Stupid dancers, kilts! ... And then retrospectively find some reason why it was "relevant" to the production..

And then Mooney started with his usual "if you know people who have friends in other countries, please get them to vote for Can Linn tonight"... Why not just let them vote for whichever song they think is the best!! No doubt there will be outrage again today, but the truth is that the song and singer were not good enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

Very true, County.

The fella in the nice dress from Austria (who'll probably win the thing) didn't have to move off the one spot on stage last night to give a powerful performance, same for the chunky lad (who's a carpenter, apparently) from Norway - a lovely ballad that'll be there or thereabouts at the end.

In most years, the best songs still win Eurovision, somebody needs to tell that to the RTE Chief of ligging, sorry Delegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

What a waste of money to send him over to Eurovision for his annual on-air ****. Did all his production team travel with him? Who picks up the tab?

Expunge wrote: »
    In most years, the best songs still win Eurovision, somebody needs to tell that to the RTE Chief of ligging, sorry Delegation.

Dont get me wrong though.. I am HUGELY looking forward to Mooney ranting on about the injustice of it all.. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    What a waste of money to send him over to Eurovision for his annual on-air ****. Who picks up the tab?

He's always the first to defend this by saying "The Sunday World pay for the trip".. They usually do and I presume that they are doing the same this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement