Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Louis Copeland gets a mention of course

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobba Fett

So Richard Collins is an expert on World War 2 now as well... So that would mean he's now an expert in :

- birds
    - world war 2
    - everything else..

Except speaking into a microphone. The lad eats them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

So Richard Collins is an expert on World War 2 now as well... So that would mean he's now an expert in :

- birds
    - world war 2
    - everything else..
    You would think that the, shower of know-alls, that is Mooney team would be able to spell (Recipies?):D

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Whats the craic with this titcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lord that intro was double entendre central !

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I flicked over yesterday afternoon, they were discussing alternate Olympic sports like egg throwing. Quite an interesting discussion, in a way. Then the Sports guy came on to say that they weren't real Sports, before spending half an hour discussing the private life of the girlfriend of an ex Man U player. (well, he might have been, I was long, long gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Derek taking a keen interest in yet another young male showbiz Virgin.

Jedward will be jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

That made me laugh! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jedward will be jealous.

He was good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That Mayna Mi Mowma one is painful.
    And Derek, why is fúcking everything "fantastic"

Byyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus I thought he was gonna out himself there.

Jaysus I thought he was gonna out himself there.

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobba Fett

Jesus was anyone listening today? Didn't hear who was on sound but they were late with the faders all day. Shocking stuff. Aonghus would ask someone on the phone their name and they'd reply but it would be inaudible. Cue the cringeworthy "are you there? Is such and such still on the line?" and then "Yeah I'm here". Disaster!

Bobba Fett wrote: »
    Jesus was anyone listening today?

no i switched off after elephant man Aonghus described his ordeal of having to drive past ghost estates on the way home to his Portmarnock pad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

no i switched off after elephant man Aonghus described his ordeal of having to drive past ghost estates on the way home to his Portmarnock pad....

yes and I switched off after McGowan started goin on about "Bahmann".

had tuned in in the middle of the excerpt and couldnt figure who this "Bahman" was.

Pronounce your 'ts' properly for fock sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't usually listen to Mooney that much anymore but it was on yesterday and at one stage, he came out with this:

"There's no need for you to be unemployed if you have a creative mind" -

I'm sorry but what an absolutely cúntish thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Mooney talking about gays,

jeez change the record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Mary Kingston and Mooney on to today at the one time.

My ears were bleeding at the combined noise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Does she ever shut up:rolleyes:.She was the same when she was on the kids programmes:P Is the other mouthacaan Brenda on hols or up the duff:p.I can see MK taking over more.

Painful shyte on Mooney. Quizing the Swiss amasssador about Switzerland. It's like passing a kidney Stone through your ear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Painful shyte on Mooney. Quizing the Swiss amasssador about Switzerland. It's like passing a kidney Stone through your ear.

Yeah it went on WAAAY too long.. three questions would have sufficed.. And this left him short of time for his last guest..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'm surprised there are no comments here on Brenda playing her nose on air today tbh...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Anyone listening today? That Blanaid wan is making me want to throw my radio out the window. She has adopted a certain tone of voice to talk about Ethiopia, a worthy whiney tone, It's painful! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

sudzs wrote: »
    Anyone listening today? That Blanaid wan is making me want to throw my radio out the window. She has adopted a certain tone of voice to talk about Ethiopia, a worthy whiney tone, It's painful! :(

It is.

Why is she talking about it?

She was paid to go down there and talk about it.

She certainly didn't pay her own way.

Using a medium payed for by the taxpayer to promulgate an issue.

Zero credibility missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Nice bit of self promotion and mutual luvvie backslapping to get things underway today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Is it true that it was confirmed on the mooney show that Mary Byrne had a fling with another woman in her younger days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

orourkeda wrote: »
    Is it true that it was confirmed on the mooney show that Mary Byrne had a fling with another woman in her younger days
    Yes, I think it was in the tabloids as well. I'm not sure if Mary Byrne's ex male partner announced it, or her ex female partner. But MB did confirm it on Mooney, to Brenda Donoghue I think. Mary's had a colourful and sometimes painful past apparently, her son had a serious enough drug problem.

Interesting lady, deserves any limelight she gets in my opinion.

Is anyone listening to this?

Im close to turning this off. If they explained how/why I this all 'works' I would be interested, but all Im hearing is lore, not data.

Very lazy journalism if you ask me.

syklops wrote: »
    Is anyone listening to this?

Im close to turning this off. If they explained how/why I this all 'works' I would be interested, but all Im hearing is lore, not data.

Very lazy journalism if you ask me.
    But the left hand tells the most!
    The left hand is the hand you were born with!

• Advertisement

Oh so when he starts questioning the psychic on her methods, suddenly she can read 'he's independent and sometimes stubborn'.

I'm with Derek here, absolute rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement