Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

syklops wrote: »
    Perhaps the problem with the Mooney show, is that it is a little too varied?

I disagree. I don't think it's varied enough.

Jedward, Mary Byrne, blue tits. It's nearly always one or all 3 of these things in the one show.

They seem to rehash a lot of the same topics. They did a topic on those sheds for men and they did it again about 4 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

rat trap...and you've been caught..
    it's stuck in my head now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I thought it was a radio programme aimed at women and also a source of light relief in between the News at One, Joe Duffy and Drivetime. I'm at peace with that and expect to hear about the Eurovision etc.

Maybe I'm wrong :)

As for Mooney, he does my head in.

Eh no his campness is not a big thing friend. Couldn't give jack Schidt.

If you don't care about that, why did you mention it in the first place...you must care a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That_Guy wrote: »
    I disagree. I don't think it's varied enough.

Jedward, Mary Byrne, blue tits. It's nearly always one or all 3 of these things in the one show.

They seem to rehash a lot of the same topics. They did a topic on those sheds for men and they did it again about 4 weeks ago.

I know what you mean, what I meant was, he tries to cover too broad an area, from Nature, to gardening to consumer issues and womens bras, that from a listeners point of view, there is no standard theme apart from the thing that they do every day which is at the start of the show where they gossip about the recurring topics of Jedward, X-Factor, Your a star, Abba, Kylie Minogue, Mary Byrne(who ever that is) and whatnot

No-one knows what to expect from one day to another apart from Mooneys Money and the gossip bit. And the blue tits of a friday..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If you don't care about that, why did you mention it in the first place...you must care a little.

It's so in your face that not to mention it would seem strange.

I think you are inferring way too much from that, friend.

Why the interest ?

It's so in your face that not to mention it would seem strange.

I think you are inferring way too much from that, friend.

Why the interest ?

Ah no but you made reference to Alan Hughes as well for some reason. Are you not used to camp men on tv or radio or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah no but you made reference to Alan Hughes as well for some reason. Are you not used to camp men on tv or radio or something?

I know what Flut is talking about though. I'm a straight guy, and I have no interest in gay issues... I dont have a problem with gays, the subject if obviously irrelevant to me... And there IS a persistent, subtle but tangible pro gay agenda being propagated by Mooney.. It was particularly evident in his discussion of the civil partnership last week.

I know what Flut is talking about though. I'm a straight guy, and I have no interest in gay issues... I dont have a problem with gays, the subject if obviously irrelevant to me... And there IS a persistent, subtle but tangible pro gay agenda being propagated by Mooney.. It was particularly evident in his discussion of the civil partnership last week.

What's a pro-gay agenda exactly? Do you want a presenter with an Anti-Gay agenda doing the programme?

Propagated by Mooney - oh please, listen to yourself, somehow I don't believe your assertion that you have a problem with gays. How can someone propagate pro-gay stuff? Sheesh.

Why is it irrelevant to you anyway - do you not have friends, family members, work colleagues that are gay?

Why does a discussion on Mooney always come back to sexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whoareyouanyway

God I hate Derek Mooney. It's especially annoying when the competition ad refers to "Mooney's Money" ITS not Mooney money! its the freaking licence fee money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

God I hate Derek Mooney. It's especially annoying when the competition ad refers to "Mooney's Money" ITS not Mooney money! its the freaking licence fee money!

Ah its not in fairness. Its just a fraction on the return he gets from all the texts from gullible listeners the day before. Some racket he's pulling in fairness...

What's a pro-gay agenda exactly? Do you want a presenter with an Anti-Gay agenda doing the programme?

Propagated by Mooney - oh please, listen to yourself, somehow I don't believe your assertion that you have a problem with gays. How can someone propagate pro-gay stuff? Sheesh.

Why is it irrelevant to you anyway - do you not have friends, family members, work colleagues that are gay?

Why does a discussion on Mooney always come back to sexuality.

Because people like you make an issue of it buddy.

I mentioned facts, facts which anyone listening to the Mooney show,with a modicum of intelligence could deduce.

I have no problem with gays, I'm just writing what everybody knows.

There is a strong whiff of lavender off the Mooney Show.

That's fact.It's there almost every day, when I listen.

Doesn't bother me one whit though, even though no doubt you will try to convince yourself that it does.

'kay?

No, personally, I want no agenda. Neither pro nor anti. Like every other programme I listen to or watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah not Tutankamun(sp ?) again. We have had this already.

What does Aengus Mcanally do when he is not covering for people?

All I ever remember him for was for covering the community games on television back when I was a nipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

All I ever remember him for was for covering the community games on television back when I was a nipper.

Produces mooneys show.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Produces mooneys show.

Practices being blander than the blandest of the blandest of all the blandest fcukers in this wide world.

Grow a set man.:cool:

I mentioned facts, facts which anyone listening to the Mooney show,with a modicum of intelligence could deduce.

Doesn't bother me one whit though, even though no doubt you will try to convince yourself that it does.

'kay?

I don't know, it's like watching Graham Norton and saying the show is camp. Well duh.

I don't know, it's like watching Graham Norton and saying the show is camp. Well duh.

You sound like a guy who has issues pal.

I just comment on the content of the show, if you infer something from that, well, ok.

Mooney comes across as a guy who likes gays, that is not saying he is gay, couldn't give a fcuk whether he is or not.

Just commenting on his attitude man.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Eurovision season is nearly upon us once more!
    Can't wait for the fevered, sibalant discussion which invariably spills from The George into the Mooney studio at this time of the year.
    We must preview each song, discuss geo-political considerations, best use of the wind-machine, the necessity of the key change etc.
    Can Armenia keep up it's record of never finishing outside the top ten?
    The French entrant sings in Corsican this year, Ooooooh La La!
    And what chance our two fine lads from Lucan?

It's the Gay Champions League and it's on The Mooney Show.

The anticipation has made me visibly excited!

• Advertisement

Eurovision season is nearly upon us once more!
    Can't wait for the fevered, sibalant discussion which invariably spills from The George into the Mooney studio at this time of the year.
    We must preview each song, discuss geo-political considerations, best use of the wind-machine, the necessity of the key change etc.
    Can Armenia keep up it's record of never finishing outside the top ten?
    The French entrant sings in Corsican this year, Ooooooh La La!
    And what chance our two fine lads from Lucan?

It's the Gay Champions League and it's on The Mooney Show.

The anticipation has made me visibly excited!

Mr Timmy!!

You get the unctious whiff of lavender too?

How nice:cool:

You sound like a guy who has issues pal.

I just comment on the content of the show, if you infer something from that, well, ok.

Mooney comes across as a guy who likes gays, that is not saying he is gay, couldn't give a fcuk whether he is or not.

Just commenting on his attitude man.;)

So it's his attitude now you have an issue with lol.

So it's his attitude now you have an issue with lol.

Not at all pal. No issues there.

Listen, you seem to be unable to debate the issues here, so can I suggest you exit the thread or add something relevant.

Good man yourself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

'kay?

That question wasn't addressed to you, yet I note the use of the word I. Are you and JonathanAnon the same poster Flutt. Oh dear, another alias blown. How many is that now?

Not at all pal. No issues there.

Listen, you seem to be unable to debate the issues here, so can I suggest you exit the thread or add something relevant.

Good man yourself;)

I really just don't think people can criticise his programme for being camp, gay or dealing with tabloid crap - it's like someone complaining about a sports programme talking about sport!

But maybe I misunderstood your posts. Story over.:D

That question wasn't addressed to you, yet I note the use of the word I. Are you and JonathanAnon the same poster Flutt. Oh dear, another alias blown. How many is that now?

Well spotted :)

I really just don't think people can criticise his programme for being camp, gay or dealing with tabloid crap - it's like someone complaining about a sports programme talking about sport!

But maybe I misunderstood your posts. Story over.:D

No, it is not pal.

You know that, I know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Wasn't he also one of the presenters on Bosco or is my memory just failing me in my old age?

Demonique wrote: »
    Wasn't he also one of the presenters on Bosco or is my memory just failing me in my old age?

He produces the Mooney show, plus what ever gigs he can get in his ample free time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Demonique wrote: »

No. He presented a show called "Anything Goes".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement