Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

haha, angry Swallow texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

was todays show sponsered by GLEN ?

:D

love the notion you can ask someone who never had something if they thought they missed out on not having it.

also theres NO way he only got one text agin it !

section 31 for straight people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

was todays show sponsered by GLEN ?

:D

love the notion you can ask someone who never had something if they thought they missed out on not having it.

also theres NO way he only got one text agin it !

section 31 for straight people :D

Bang on. Particularly as the blue rinse brigade were most likely still listening in after Liveline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Another Mooney rant today. "I take everybody's opinions on board, but I'm still right".

Haha, glad I turned over. Mooney on his soapbox again, whingey moaning whiner. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

He's always slapping down his listeners when they complain about g@y topics. Does he have any idea of the age group of his average listener?

it's like scolding your grandad for not liking The Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

more anti gay wind up texts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Derek is getting very touchy! :pac: At least he is reading out some of the critical texts

miketv wrote: »
    Derek is getting very touchy! :pac: At least he is reading out some of the critical texts

That's cos they're ALL critical...:D

That has No 1 written all over it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He's getting a few home truths here about his programme and not happy about it at all.

To dismiss callers as being negative is to deny the fact that their views are legitimate.

Well done to him for reading them out, but he needs to take his head out of the sand.

That has No 1 written all over it

So the program is about gay chickens today then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ranting again.

Text asking him to "come out" and he attempts to ridicule it...."What do you mean, come out?" he asks.

Jeez, Derek, I don't know either, what do you think he means?

Pathetic.

"I gave my heart to Jesus when I was 7 years old as a child".

Oh dear.

So after reading out a 100% critical response from his own listeners regarding the propensity of gay subjects on his programme, what does he do for the next subject?

FFS like...:rolleyes:

Putting on these bible-thumpers might backfire against him here.

3 o'clock in the afternoon on RTE-1, got to guess the listener profile around this time won't fit his agenda whatsoever.

Now now Derek, people who don't agree with your point-of-view don't exactly get an easy "ride" when you disagree with them either, do they?

Lapin wrote: »
    To dismiss callers as being negative is to deny the fact that their views are legitimate. Well done to him for reading them out, but he needs to take his head out of the sand.

I agree with Lapin, that he is very foolish to ignore his listeners.. I never thought of him as being arrogant before, but maybe he has been in RTE too long... He's starting to sound a bit like Ryan Tubridy when he keeps telling us "we REALLY DO have a great radio show" and just ignores the listenership figures.

The only problem I have with him talking about gay issues is that there is the whole subterfuge that he is not discussing it from the viewpoint of a gay man.. He presents every segment as if he as independent observer, and has no personal interest in gay rights.. I think the message about him having his own show about gay rights (like what Newstalk have) is on the money.... Mooney Goes Really Wild....

Oh dear, I think this interview is going a bit askew.. :D

Taking the what now?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I can't believe he read out that text, i nearly fell over. The fella is right though, gay topics and gay people on everyday.
    There are two lunatic Americans on there now going on about more gay stuff and some mad quotes from some crazy religious book.

Where is Brek today?

• Advertisement

Telling a pair of American bible bashers something is great crack, and that they're taking the micky when discussing gay issues leaves things wide open for a slagging of Brek proportions.

lol... The Mooney Show has turned in to a right wing, bible bashing, anti gay show... I dont think Derek was expecting this when he rang them up about the song... :D

MJ23 wrote: »
    Where is Brek today?

Who cares ?

Her absence is the reason I'm still tuned in.

I don't think I can take the massive levels of ego and self-promotion of pet issues between 1.45 and 4.30 on Radio 1 any more...:mad:

If it makes Mooney belly-laugh so much maybe he can persuade Jedward to cover the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Redneck%20Couple%20With%20Bayonet%20Rifle%20and%20Parrot.jpg

"Not a gay item on the show every day?" Who's he kidding???

Derek's not counting the Eurovision/Jedward items obviously...

"We've done maybe ten gay-related items in the last seven years" - Mooney

Really?

And before I start thinking about it, Eurovision counts you know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I knew he'd mention mickeyvision when that crap song was over, it wasn't much worse than what those 2 clowns thrashed out. Ridiculous.
    This show has to be taken off the air soon, do the suits upstairs in RTE not listen to it or what?

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    And before I start thinking about it, Eurovision counts you know. :D

+ Mary Byrne (she's discussed her lesbian relationship)
    + JEDward (though I'm not sure either of them know yet).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement