Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs, Katriona cant even announce that she got engaged without Brenda salivating over her bloke...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The bit about having a change of the guard was entertaining- the first guy interviewed sounded like something off the d unbelievables. then they suggested that the soldiers would police the area. the soldiers would not carry guns, which would make it look ridiculous,maybe they should carry hurls instead? according to mattie the soldiers could be stationed at collins barracks (actually a museum)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Brutal sound quality from the OB over WiFi. It was better from Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yesterday was like innuendo bingo* with talk of rings and same sex marriages and Jesus if you in that form you'd have had great fun altogether.

* scott mills bbc radio 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I do not know how those sports reporters don't tell him to shut up and stop interrupting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

MJ23 wrote: »
    I do not know how those sports reporters don't tell him to shut up and stop interrupting.

There was a fairly pointed comment from the reader during the sports just after the 4:00 news yesterday - Brenda and Derek had been wittering on about rings for ages and the sports guy basically said he'd a headache listening to them babbling on about rings (about 1:06:50 into the podcast)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yakuza wrote: »
    There was a fairly pointed comment from the reader during the sports just after the 4:00 news yesterday - Brenda and Derek had been wittering on about rings for ages and the sports guy basically said he'd a headache listening to them babbling on about rings (about 1:06:50 into the podcast)

Iim surprised he didnt react like a petulant child, its his usual reaction to any criticism.

Derek really loves rings.
    Waiting to get hear how he interrupts to the sports reporter after the 4 o'clock news.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

MJ23 wrote: »
    Derek really loves rings.
    Waiting to get hear how he interrupts to the sports reporter after the 4 o'clock news.
    and he's off... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say they had to bate Brenda out of the cake shop with a broom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Mooney: ".....I hope the weather is good this weekend as I am going to mount Ben Beulben on Sunday morning.....":confused:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

dvcireland wrote: »
    Mooney: ".....I hope the weather is good this weekend as I am going to mount Ben Beulben on Sunday morning.....":confused:

:D Ben Dover will be disappointed to hear that.

The show is just getting worse and worse, i cringe when listening to it, but i can't turn it off, it's so bad.
    Brek serves absolutely no purpose being on there, and the way Derek speaks to her is unreal. I don't know how she hasn't boxed him in the face yet.

Brek on tennis now... And know it all Olan McGowan.. :(

Derek seems genuinely intrigued by the concept of a "backdoor" in the GAA.

~Hope everything is explained properly to him. Hate to see him wasting his precious time up in Croker for the next few weeks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pissin myself laughing at Mooney's praise for Marty Morrisey yesterday.

Marty was obviously delighted to see the cats getting stuffed after this little episode a couple of years ago !

Cut straight to 2:10

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wonder what's the best day of the week to listen to The Mooney Show? :confused::confused::confused:

Answers on a postcard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These guys never did ANYTHING to promote this hotel. I cannot feel sorry for them to be honest.

EDIT - change of heart - I do actually feel sorry for them and people like them

For some reason Tubbs on BBC r2 is being brodcast on Mooney

Now tubbs is on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would be more fun for everybody if you stayed there

Sad to hear that hotel repo. story. Sign of the times I know but they seemed to have put their lives into the place.

On the programme, it beats me why so many listener responses were of the "we bailed the banks out", "this country sucks" variety considering that Bank of Scotland re-possessed the premises and ordered its sale, with Allsop's - another British firm - conducting the auction.

We bailed out enough of our "own" banks, I don't recall BOS doing much else except for hauling their asses out of here when the Tiger keeled over.

edit: just switched back when I read Tubbs was on. :) the lovefest must be gawk-inducing....."RTE - vice is nice, but incest is best"

Oh just fupp off Tubridy... there's a reason why I dont turn on the radio at 9am.... Well two reasons, but John Murray isnt annoying me in the afternoon NOW..

Tubridy is great for supporting the Irish.. He stays in Irish hotels, buys Irish food, and takes 1 million euros a year from the Irish taxpayer for two crap shows...

STAY OVER THERE TUBRIDY..

He just mentioned he is re-watching The West Wing in his spare time :rolleyes:

Mooney - "he's taking the Queens' Shilling"

He's taking a nice fat slice of the Republics' dwindling pot as well for what little he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i just couldnt feel sorry for the hotel couple and indeed felt incredibly manipulated by the show.

they fupped up.

it happens when your shyte at business.

the protestations of not being high fliers was the worst though.

you own a hotel !

its not exactly average is it , cant help thinking high flying in their book is something to do with seanie fitz or fingers.

lots of good business's went down the drain over the boom thanks to people arseing around with em and taking their eye off the core business. i get the feeling this was just another one of them.

i mean the fecking ratty (pub in rathmines, called the "stout bar" in the auction) was a part of that latest auction along with its liscence and a three story over basement gaff .

how the fup do you run a pub into the ground in rathmines ?

yet those gobshytes managed that too.

with a bit of luck the new owners of BOTH premises will run em better. i dont wish hardship on the couple they but need to take responsibilty for their own actions instead of giving out about people at auctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

But there were no negative comments on the show, dont ya know:p.Well derek probably didnt read out any of them except the one from Louise.

The reason he was on was to see if anyone could give him a job:eek:.

Well hello:( they are not the first business to go under, what makes these people different from others that have gone under?.Why couldn't the show bring on all the others too? Or what about all the other 400k people are also looking for a job?

I dont wish any badness for them and I hope something will come up, but yous are not unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

with a bit of luck the new owners of BOTH premises will run em better. i dont wish hardship on the couple they but need to take responsibilty for their own actions instead of giving out about people at auctions.

As you were at the auction can you enlighten us as to who they gave out about at it?

Brek on bedwetting.

Mooney asks her if she ever did........class Derek. :o

Maybe next time the Grimes Twins are featured on the MS you might tell us about the state of YOUR sheets the following morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The word is "self-deprecating" Derek :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement