Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Richard...socially rejected since 11...explains a lot.

I wonder what bit of magic they have on the iPhone that allows them to talk - the phone functionality, perhaps?
    Or viber / Skype etc.? It's not rocket science, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yakuza wrote: »
    Richard...socially rejected since 11...explains a lot.

lol... I can imagine the other kids in the group saying "Where's Richard?".. "He's off with the birds"... And hitherto, he has remained.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Foghorn Brek is now all agog about tonights match against the "Eye-talians" (I kid you not!).

Strange, last week she seemed to be delira' and excira' whilst accompanying a shower of soccer hating wimmin' who deemed it neccesary to get off on a "girls night out" to co-incide with a match night and pretend to ignore the soccer, all in order to show how much they despised Euro2012.

Now, she can't wait to get home and watch Damien Duff lead the team out tonight.......that is unless Constipation Street clashes with the game.

Why do all the guests on the Mooney Show sound like the guy at 0:42 in this video.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Why do all the guests on the Mooney Show sound like the guy at 0:42 in this video.. ?

Alan Hughes meets Royal watcher Noel Cunningham:

".....so,Noel how do you like your sausages?....."

aDSCF2557.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Sausagefest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

dvcireland wrote: »
    Alan Hughes meets Royal watcher Noel Cunningham:

".....so,Noel how do you like your sausages?....."

aDSCF2557.jpg
    When did Cunningham ditch the blue rinse?

Brenda: Stop. Talking. Now, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

wooh, tell us more about these "Airport" things Derek. They'll never catch on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

did he say they're all affected, or infected ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All the toys out of his pram after reading out the text from "tom":)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

All the toys out of his pram after reading out the text from "tom":)

Mooney Tours Travel Agency
    For that Alternative Holiday

Gay%20&%20Lesbian%20Tours400.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I wonder how many of his listeners were interested to show that Barcelona has a strong gay community?

I will never forget when he covered womens toilet habits and he asked brenda who was silent for a moment and told him to mind his own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

You guys do know that Mooney is the biggest bully in RTE,right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

lynchy101 wrote: »

No way, really?? Worse then Blanaid?? Another reason for me to not like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Rasheed wrote: »
    No way, really?? Worse then Blanaid?? Another reason for me to not like him!

My sister was working there for a while and said Mooney was very rude to his assistants and had a very high opinion of himself.

According to my sister,Blanaid was lovely.You can never tell with these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

My sister was working there for a while and said Mooney was very rude to his assistants and had a very high opinion of himself.

According to my sister,Blanaid was lovely.You can never tell with these things.

Well ya'd think butter wouldn't melt, Thanks for that!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that; it sometimes sounds like there's a mean undercurrent going on there that sneaks out when he's challenged (somewhat like Eanna and to a much lesser extent, Richard(who is just more pedantic rather than mean)). He often sounds openly hostile to the sports presenter (but most of the time he's passive aggressive) and some of his put-downs to Brek are quite cruel (she just takes it as, let's face it, where is she going to go?). What I also find irritating is when he talks over his guests to (attempt to) show he knows something about what they're talking about (itself not a surprise as he mostly seems to choose guests that whose fields he are interested in).

He has his good side too (he did save someone's life a while ago, major props to him for stepping up), but he gives off an air of a prima donna on air which doesn't paint him in a good light. He needs to (be made?) realise the sun doesn't shine out of his ar5e, nor the world revolve around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

what was this "text from tom " ?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that; it sometimes sounds like there's a mean undercurrent going on there that sneaks out when he's challenged ...... the sun doesn't shine out of his ar5e, nor the world revolve around him.

:D

Noticed that aggressive streak of Mooney can easily get the rise out of him.

So much so I await the day he wanders onto this thread, unlike Joe, I get the feeling Mooneys' ego will get the better of him and he'll rant away like f*ck about those cruel cynical boardsies who don't appreciate his genius.

....ah if only :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jedwards-eurovision-trip-cost-cash-strapped-940531

Would love to know whether Mooney was included in this bill. Some posters here said that he paid for himself but he shouldn't be allowed to indulge his sausage fetish at the taxpayers expense. The crew who went most certainly looked after themselves as we were told that the cost of living there is very low. Couldn't Mooney have bunked in with those boys to save RTE a few shillings? There is definitely something odd about him, he is virtually stalking those boys and he does seem to have a hatred of women, his bullying of Brek and women on the production team is really sad.

Brek might have just consigned herself to the dole queue.

Asking "should we ever bother sending anyone out to the Eurovision again?"

That's dismissal talk in Mooneyworld :)

----oh, nice, way to justify the Jedward Junket to Azerbyjaysus, Moody decides to read out the viewership figures for this years Sausagefest. How many people watched the entire debacle rather than the voting bit he can't say, most would tune in for that and little else anyway, imo.

Seems like more and more frequently he starts the show with a ten minute rant either defending himself / RTE / his guests.... It's meant to be public service broadcasting, Derek, not self service broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The worst show on the radio, bar none.

telekon wrote: »
    The worst show on the radio, bar none.

Ah I dont think that's fair.. (what about Tubridy :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ah I dont think that's fair.. (what about Tubridy :) )

Bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So 1000 licence fees to send that Circus over there

disgusting

So 1000 licence fees to send that Circus over there

disgusting

Would have almost been worth it if they went on one-way tickets.

Amazing how Mooney is allowed so much time to rant on justifying the absolutey crazy amounts spent by RTE on this ludicrous song contest.

Nearly lost it when I heard him compare the expense of these annual Eurovision junkets to the Olympics and Euro 2012. The fact that both those events take place once every four years escaping him.....quelle surprise!

Not to mention the copious amounts of airtime that Mooney devotes to it, and of course, his Jedward fetish :mad: for months prior to the actual show. Factor that into place and there's another tidy sum that the "struggling" financial mandarins in RTE seem more than happy to flutter away.

Must have cost as much as the Late Late Shows' 50th birthday bash.....well, Mother Twinkies' bar tab anyway :)

Out of the b'auld Derek's own lips, he described his show as "a bit of nonsense in the afternoon". Hit the nail on the head, there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Out of the b'auld Derek's own lips, he described his show as "a bit of nonsense in the afternoon". Hit the nail on the head, there :)

It's pure rubbish. Obsessed with sausages, sausage fests, in the closet Lucan twins, Mayerdy Button, tits. And all co-hosted with Shrek's sister.
    It's brutal every day, but Friday's are the worst, that yoke Mayna me Mowna the big know it all is on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement