Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Brek gets to interview John Delaney of the FAI ahead of Euro 2012?

Whats the first thing she asks him - Have you packed enough underwear ?

What kind of a frigging eejit of a question is that.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

europa11 wrote: »
    Off the Missus Grimes Boys bandwagon...onto the Missus Brr-owan's Boyas one.

And how brave of him to criticise the Azerbaijani regime, once he got off the plane from Baku.

Cretinous.
    The Week in Radio in Evening Herald by Patrick Freyne: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/murphy-paints-a-poor-picture-of-montrose-3118757.html

" On Wednesday, Derek Mooney dedicated 10 minutes of a Jedward-centric Eurovision love-in to discussing Azerbaijani human rights abuse. Karen Fricker told tales of repression, blackmail and surveillance. Derek said that he'd spoken to a local man who was happy with his lot (possibly hereditary president Ilham Aliyev -- Derek didn't say).
    "Scratch under the surface of any society and you will find things that aren't very pleasant I'm sure," he said, soothingly.
    He'll be presenting 'Prime Time Azerbaijan' within the year. "

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Thank fùck the sausagefest is over. Pure tripe, with two eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Lapin wrote: »
    Brek gets to interview John Delaney of the FAI ahead of Euro 2012?

Whats the first thing she asks him - Have you packed enough underwear ?

What kind of a frigging eejit of a question is that.:mad:

A Brek/Standard Mooney Show one tbh. I'd expect nothing less from her, sadly she thinks she's being "great craic" when coming up with such inanities....and remember there's some production team over-seeing all this :o

They honestly have no standards whatsoever. It's like anyone with a smidgen of taste or sense in RTE just fecks off shortly after the News at 1:30 and leaves the place in the hands of morons like Mooney, Brek, Aengus, Eanna...and of course the one, the only "I'll set me own agenda" Joe.

A team of trained chimps would do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Off the Missus Grimes Boys bandwagon...onto the Missus Brr-owan's Boyas one.

And how brave of him to criticise the Azerbaijani regime, once he got off the plane from Baku.

Cretinous.

Was listening today to hear what he would say after his shameful partisan support of Jedward both before Ireland's eurosong and up until Saturday. He didn't even mention them until 3.16. How can a man who has previously admitted to having not bought a single recording of any music in 25 years take such an interest in a music competition? The fact that he is such good friends with Louis Walsh means that his incessant indulgence of Jedward and Mary Byrne should not be permissable on the state broadcaster.

Definitely agree about jumping onto Mrs Brown bandwagon. Both he and Brek texted the actor who plays the gay fella after they won a Bafta last night. RTE really is a rotten institution, constantly promoting their mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

...did I actually just hear Derek go "Say what you want about Azerbaijan but the place was spotless"...

The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

More waste of air from Brek. At least Derek is becoming less circumspect about hiding his disdain for her.

The way she just blurts in (and is kept on the air) with these stream-of-consciousness non sequiturs is just mind-boggling.

What's her purpose - to make Mooney look competent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

He said it alright. sher that's whats important. At least they clean up after their killing sprees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

wprathead wrote: »
    ...did I actually just hear Derek go "Say what you want about Azerbaijan but the place was spotless"...

The mind boggles

Is he still going on about that place ?

Thank goodness for Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Brek got a chance to sing. Sweet jesus h christ.

Derek is sorry if he is "boring the tits off you", and smoking with a bunch of lads in Baku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

wprathead wrote: »

The mind boggles

Maybe Mooney should go to live permanently in Azerbaijan? I wonder how long he'd last if he went on the public airwaves and started complaining about their country? :rolleyes:

If the local councils enforced the litter by-laws there mightn't be as much litter about the place, and say what you like about Ireland, I'd far prefer to live in a country where we might have dirty streets but freedom of speech, rather than a country where the streets are spotless but nobody has any right to speak out about their Government. :mad:

Is brek getting her quota for the month in late ?

National anthem time. I actually do know the anthem words but learnt them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What's he on about??? They DO SO show the words of the national anthem in Lansdowne Road! On the big screens. Have emailed him to inform him of same. (and the fact that I HATE having to call it the Aviva!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Our current National Anthem is very poor, both musically and lyrically. A National Anthem is meant to stir the soul. Amhrán na Bhfiann never did anything for me. This would make for a far better National Anthem:

This segment is like pulling teeth - Brek and DM are clueless when it comes to music, and this just highlights the fact. (I get the sneaking feeling Fergus is enjoying making a show of them...)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Our current National Anthem is very poor, both musically and lyrically. A National Anthem is meant to stir the soul. Amhrán na Bhfiann never did anything for me. This would make for a far better National Anthem:

or this ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wct2er_r8JU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A National Anthem is meant to stir the soul.

That didnt stir my soul much. A guy sat on a hedge looking at falcons and singing. The Americans would love it though.

But I agree, the one we have is poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

What! No comments on the Nuala Carey segment from Monday show about her fascination with the Phoenix Park Murders. Frankly the most poorly researched segment I ever heard on Irish Radio, Derek "So are you related to the Carey guy who organised the murders? Nuala: "Well I must be, I remember when growing up looking at the phone book and there was only 4 Careys in it." She read a book and the organizer of the murders had the same surname so she suddenly was an expert. She hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

oh god! oh god! oh god! Brenda keeps saying breast! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

:rolleyes:

Musically and lyrically poor by reference to what exactly?

Amhrán na Bhfiann works perfectly well. Our anthem will and should never, ever, be "A Nation Once Again".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

funkhouser wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Musically and lyrically poor by reference to what exactly?

By peoples opinion.
    Amhrán na Bhfiann works perfectly well.

Not so much.
    Our anthem will and should never, ever, be "A Nation Once Again".
    [/QUOTE]
    Agreed. It is not the right tune, however, I really don't think, as a neutral country "We are the soldiers of fortune", in a very dour tone is the right one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Amhrán na Bhfiann works perfectly well. Our anthem will and should never, ever, be "A Nation Once Again".

This is probably the most appropriate anthem for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Brek off to the politics wing of RTÉ? If only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

For a show that lasts less than 90 minutes in mid afternoon, the "Mooney" show must be the most overstaffed programme in history. Firstly, you've got the eponimous creep, Derek, with his lovely female assistants, Brek and Catriona, then Olin, then the standby creep Aengus, then Richard and Eanna. And that's not counting the regular, and sometimes interesting, guests like Jim Wilson and Niall Hatch. And the team of researchers who probably won't read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stammertime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Brek seems to get a slot within the first 30 mins then disappears as the show goes on. Must have to go collect the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Brek has just shared the news with the rest of the nation that last Sunday she bought a fanny pack! :eek:

Sometimes too much information can be a bad thing. :(

• Advertisement

Brek has just shared the news with the rest of the nation that last Sunday she bought a fanny pack! :eek:

Sometimes too much information can be a bad thing. :(

I presume (hope) she was referring to the US English word for a bum bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement