Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO/alien evidence

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

What are the ages of all in relation to each other? And would be interesting if a pattern formed of where they had been built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

EarlERizer wrote: »
    In regard to my claim re: stonehenge/pyramids & the vide to debunk said claim,thanks for the hard evidence.
    There are a few good ideas as to how the pyramids were built - I love this stuff and find it really interesting. A couple of videos:

nullzero wrote: »
    You're more or less agreeing with what i said then, I haven't said one hypothesis is more relibale than the other and I've entertained both.

However using an assumption as proof is hardly conclusive is it?

It's just interesting to think about all possibilities.
    It's very interesting to think about them all, but you have to use Occam's razor. I mean, it's possible that an extinct race of Leprechauns created the pyramid to worship the rainbow god who gives them their gold. So I'll bear that theory in mind, but I'll regard it as extremely unlikely (along with aliens and whatnot) when there are much simpler explanations that we know were both totally possible and plausible and require no weird stuff at all.

caseyann wrote: »
    What are the ages of all in relation to each other? And would be interesting if a pattern formed of where they had been built.
    Ages of what?

Ages of what?

Every ancient monument in every country.
    One of my favourite is easter island.

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    Every ancient monument in every country.
    One of my favourite is easter island.
    That's a lot of work. Why don't you make a list and come back to us? :)

That's a lot of work. Why don't you make a list and come back to us? :)

lolllllllllllllllllll i will when i have no life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

There are a few good ideas as to how the pyramids were built - I love this stuff and find it really interesting. A couple of videos:

Great vids, thanks, I've actually seen this documentary, and yes Jean Peirre's thoery is by far the best 'possible' explaination but again it's not absolute is it? The complete documentary on his theory is full of "may have's" & "Could haves" & "it's possible's"

Just thinking,Given that we've unearthed many drawings & hyrogliphics depicting much lesser achievements and possibly everyday life (of that of the pharaohs & their servants/slaves etc) why havent we unearthed ay depicting the building of these structures? been their greatest achievement wouldn't it have been the obvious thing to do?

Just thinking,Given that we've unearthed many drawings & hyrogliphics depicting much lesser achievements and possibly everyday life (of that of the pharaohs & their servants/slaves etc) why havent we unearthed ay depicting the building of these structures? been their greatest achievement wouldn't it have been the obvious thing to do?
    There might be loads of reasons. Did they have the graphic technology to represent this stuff even if they wanted to? Or maybe these techniques were the preserve of the priestly class or a guild, and hence were to be kept secret? That's just a couple off the top of my head. Just as a matter of interest, I don't believe there is a single painting or even a trace of any art in any of the pyramids at Giza (certainly not in the Great Pyramid, the most perfect one) so it's not like those pyramids are full of depictions of Egyptian life with one glaring omission - they are totally blank.

And anyone who wants to put forward a supernatural explanation for the creation of these pyramids will have to explain why the previous couple of generations made initially rubbish but steadily improving pyramids at Dashur, Saqqara etc. - if it was magic or aliens, why didn't they do it right the first time?

Just found these ..... was watching the first one and thought i'd post them here should you be interested in watching.

from there i found these...

Right,i'm going to go watch the rest.

• Advertisement

There might be loads of reasons. Did they have the graphic technology to represent this stuff even if they wanted to? Or maybe these techniques were the preserve of the priestly class or a guild, and hence were to be kept secret? That's just a couple off the top of my head. Just as a matter of interest, I don't believe there is a single painting or even a trace of any art in any of the pyramids at Giza (certainly not in the Great Pyramid, the most perfect one) so it's not like those pyramids are full of depictions of Egyptian life with one glaring omission - they are totally blank.

And anyone who wants to put forward a supernatural explanation for the creation of these pyramids will have to explain why the previous couple of generations made initially rubbish but steadily improving pyramids at Dashur, Saqqara etc. - if it was magic or aliens, why didn't they do it right the first time?

Your right, there are no drawings or paintings in any of the pyramids,who said there was? They had enough graphic skill to draw & carve detailed hyrogliphics depicting allsorts of everyday life so why not even a simple attempt at depicting something as large and as dominant as the pyramids and how they took shape?

As for keeping them secret,why? again,everything else seemed fair game for accounting in some form of writings/drawings.

lol you & king are getting sidelined with the whole "magic & alien" thing,you're the only ones mentioning them......but overall I'm loving the leprechaun theory! I knew there was an explaination for them and I knew there would be an Irish link to them too!! :D

Just a word of warning - beware of Graham Hancock! I read a lot of his stuff and found it fascinating, but unfortunately he relies on a lot of stuff that has been debunked for a long time and he doesn't warn the reader/viewer. He's more interested in building a story than finding the truth. I was really disappointed that what I thought was a really good possible explanation of the pyramids etc. actually relied on 'facts' that Hancock knew were wrong when he was writing his books.

Entertaining, but not the truth sadly. I'd love if his idea of an ancient Atlantean civilisation was true.

Your right, there are no drawings or paintings in any of the pyramids,who said there was?
    I'm just drawing attention to the fact that there may be an assumption that the drawings we all know from the tombs were contemporaneous with the building of the pyramids, but I would not be surprised if the pyramids predate most of this art.
    They had enough graphic skill to draw & carve detailed hyrogliphics depicting allsorts of everyday life so why not even a simple attempt at depicting something as large and as dominant as the pyramids and how they took shape?
    They had no concept of perspective, they couldn't do anything in 3D. And the pyramid building phase of Egyptian society seems to have been very short (maybe 150 years out of a 3000 year civilisation) so for 95% of the history of Egypt nobody was building these things, so they'd have nothing to draw.
    As for keeping them secret,why? again,everything else seemed fair game for accounting in some form of writings/drawings.
    Are you really doubting the existence of secret knowledge on the CT board? :)
    lol you & king are getting sidelined with the whole "magic & alien" thing,you're the only ones mentioning them......but overall I'm loving the leprechaun theory! I knew there was an explaination for them and I knew there would be an Irish link to them too!! :D
    Sorry for raising the alien/magic stuff, but it's really just shorthand for all the crazy theories of how the pyramids were built. I'll see if I can flesh out the Leprechaun theory a bit more...:)

I'm just drawing attention to the fact that there may be an assumption that the drawings we all know from the tombs were contemporaneous with the building of the pyramids, but I would not be surprised if the pyramids predate most of this art.

Well given the video's (i'm reveiwing these with an open mind giving what you've brought to my attention re: Hancock) there appears to be 'evidence' to support your predating point.
    They had no concept of perspective, they couldn't do anything in 3D. And the pyramid building phase of Egyptian society seems to have been very short (maybe 150 years out of a 3000 year civilisation) so for 95% of the history of Egypt nobody was building these things, so they'd have nothing to draw.

If that be the case,how did they manage the construction of such massive intricate precise detail involved with the pyramids,surely they worked from some sort of plans? and if so wouldnt/couldnt they have used the same skills in their 'art'?
    Are you really doubting the existence of secret knowledge on the CT board? :)

lol oops,forgot where i was! eh,no,i'm sure they've many many secrets we'll never be privvy too :o
    Sorry for raising the alien/magic stuff, but it's really just shorthand for all the crazy theories of how the pyramids were built. I'll see if I can flesh out the Leprechaun theory a bit more...:)
    Thanks,it's just,i know the aliens were too busy elsewhere to take these contracts......or where they?;) and neither David Copperfield nor Blaine were available at the time....possibly Paul Daniels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

I mean, it's possible that an extinct race of Leprechauns created the pyramid to worship the rainbow god who gives them their gold.

lol
    maybe you are not that far off the mark

King Tut’s DNA is Western European

The significance is, of course, that R1b is the most common Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe reaching its highest concentrations in Ireland, Scotland, western England and the European Atlantic seaboard — in other words, European through and through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Entertaining, but not the truth sadly. I'd love if his idea of an ancient Atlantean civilisation was true.

If you like Atlantean theories you might enjoy a read of this thread on ATS

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread686129/pg1

In keeping with the alien/ufo topic of this thread this video cropped up over on the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Just a word of warning - beware of Graham Hancock! I read a lot of his stuff and found it fascinating, but unfortunately he relies on a lot of stuff that has been debunked for a long time and he doesn't warn the reader/viewer. He's more interested in building a story than finding the truth. I was really disappointed that what I thought was a really good possible explanation of the pyramids etc. actually relied on 'facts' that Hancock knew were wrong when he was writing his books.

I've read Hancock myself, and also find the whole ancient world fascinating. But I suspect you have a point about his penchant for storytelling. Can you direct me to the most reliable source you know that refutes his main theories? Thanks

Priori wrote: »
    I've read Hancock myself, and also find the whole ancient world fascinating. But I suspect you have a point about his penchant for storytelling. Can you direct me to the most reliable source you know that refutes his main theories? Thanks
    Oddly enough, the place where I found most stuff together was on his own website (www.grahamhancock.com) on the messageboard. I used to post there a bit, and there were a few knowledgeable people who used to post with refutations and links to the facts that contradicted Hancock's claims (typically, it would be some 'fact' that Hancock would reference from some 100-year-old book or past archaeologist, and these posters would point us to links that proved that those 'facts' had been proven incorrect in the last 50 years or whatever). I'm not sure what the story is on his message board these days, as I stopped posting when I realised the extent of Hancock's reliance on stuff that was simply wrong, and that was maybe 8 or 10 years ago by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

enno99 wrote: »
    lol
    maybe you are not that far off the mark

King Tut’s DNA is Western European

The significance is, of course, that R1b is the most common Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe reaching its highest concentrations in Ireland, Scotland, western England and the European Atlantic seaboard — in other words, European through and through

His DNA is not Western European, no such thing. R1b spread from around the Caspian Sea area about 6,000 years ago; there are also traces found in Cameroon. If he is R1b then it is just his direct male line, there is also autosomnal dna which is basically every other lineage.
    A bit more on the case.
    http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/01/king-tutunkhamuns-dna-in-doubt.html

Advertisement