Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO/alien evidence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

King Mob wrote: »
    What exactly is this based off?

The tether is 12 miles long. At certain stages you can see the ufos fly behind the tether, you can thus use the tether as a ruler to measure the diameter of the ufos.

At about 1:42 a large one goes behind the centre of the tether and takes up about 10% or more of the length. This means this ufo is over a mile in diameter.

Many ufos float behind the tether during the video, you can use the tether to measure them all.

They are fcuking massive.

I am well aware thats its so unbelevable that it just cannot simply be true. But really, your looking right at it, are you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The tether is 12 miles long. At certain stages you can see the ufos fly behind the tether, you can thus use the tether as a ruler to measure the diameter of the ufos.

At about 1:42 a large one goes behind the centre of the tether and takes up about 10% or more of the length. This means this ufo is over a mile in diameter.

Many ufos float behind the tether during the video, you can use the tether to measure them all.

They are fcuking massive.
    But this assumes that the tether is at it's full extension and that all the "UFOs" are at the same distance as the tether.

Now is it possible that the objects are only appearing to go behind the tether because the quality of the footage isn't great and they get washed out by the much brighter tether as they pass in front?

But this assumes that the tether is at it's full extension and that all the "UFOs" are at the same distance as the tether.

Now is it possible that the objects are only appearing to go behind the tether because the quality of the footage isn't great and they get washed out by the much brighter tether as they pass in front?

How much do they pay you ;)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The aliens?

• Advertisement

Ah of course, if I ask too many questions I must be a paid agent of the shadowy government out to get you.

Much easier to accuse someone of that than answer very simple questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The objects in that tether video look like Airy Disks caused by the collimation of distant light sources.

Ah of course, if I ask too many questions I must be a paid agent of the shadowy government out to get you.

Much easier to accuse someone of that than answer very simple questions.

Did it ever occur to that what you see in the video is what you see in the video?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did it ever occur to that what you see in the video is what you see in the video?
    You mean bullshít?

Why yes, yes it does.

You mean bullshít?

Why yes, yes it does.

Are you saying that the video is bull**** or just the claim that the objects are UFOs?

• Advertisement

But what I'm seeing is poor quality footage of dust particles reflecting light into a camera.
    But I'm open to other possibilities.
    Hence why I'm asking you whether it's possible that the objects are only appearing to go behind the tether because the quality of the footage isn't great and they get washed out by the much brighter tether as they pass in front? And if it's not possible, how you are able to exclude this possibility?

Has it ever occurred to you that it might something entirely more mundane than you're imagining?

Are you saying that the video is bull**** or just the claim that the objects are UFOs?
    A little from column A, a little from column B.

The video itself means nothing, I see the same crap when I rub my eyes really hard.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

The video itself means nothing, I see the same crap when I rub my eyes really hard.

But the video itself is very real. Instead of just posting throwaway remarks about it being generically bull**** you could always try to discuss it in a civil manner and perhaps explain your position.

But what I'm seeing is poor quality footage of dust particles reflecting light into a camera.
    But I'm open to other possibilities.
    Hence why I'm asking you whether it's possible that the objects are only appearing to go behind the tether because the quality of the footage isn't great and they get washed out by the much brighter tether as they pass in front? And if it's not possible, how you are able to exclude this possibility?

Has it ever occurred to you that it might something entirely more mundane than you're imagining?

To answer your question, its is absolutely impossible that these things are anything else other than giant ufos.

The ONLY other alternative is that nasa faked it on purpose. This is very unlikely obviously.

It was filmed with some special camara or somthing like infra red or ultraviolet, this is why its all glowly and why the some of the ufos seem to be see-through. They are actually not visable to the naked eye.

Theres other videos on youtube that show the trajectory of the ufos and you can see some of them doing turns and changing direction very sharply.

You can also make out the specific shape of the ufos, they all seem to have a notch cut out of them. Some of them are also pulsating very brightly. Notice the camara man trying to change the settings to get rid of them, but he or she cant.

To answer your question, its is absolutely impossible that these things are anything else other than giant ufos.

The ONLY other alternative is that nasa faked it on purpose. This is very unlikely obviously.

It was filmed with some special camara or somthing like infra red or ultraviolet, this is why its all glowly and why the some of the ufos seem to be see-through. They are actually not visable to the naked eye.

Theres other videos on youtube that show the trajectory of the ufos and you can see some of them doing turns and changing direction very sharply.

You can also make out the specific shape of the ufos, they all seem to have a notch cut out of them. Some of them are also pulsating very brightly. Notice the camara man trying to change the settings to get rid of them, but he or she cant.
    So why would NASA themselves deny that they are UFOs? Proof of the existence of extraterrestrials would be something they'd be shouting from the rooftops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

heres a link for people that want to read older ufo reports from the 1800's up to the present day. some interesting reports on this ufo problem. http://www.ufocasebook.com/casefiles.html

So why would NASA themselves deny that they are UFOs? Proof of the existence of extraterrestrials would be something they'd be shouting from the rooftops.

Why is there a cover up about ET civilizations? The answer to that is very long and complex. There are many reasons, its about money, power, religion, history, politics and technology.

One of the main reasons is that the USA does not want everyone to know that they are not the boss.

Nasa are a military wing of the US government btw, they do what they are told. Not withstanding that they do awesome work on alot of things, but the ET question is not in their control.

Ok, why specifically is it impossible?
    How do you know this?
    You can also make out the specific shape of the ufos, they all seem to have a notch cut out of them. Some of them are also pulsating very brightly.
    And URL posted an example of a light effect that can explain this.
    Notice the camara man trying to change the settings to get rid of them, but he or she cant.
    Or she could have been trying to clear up some pretty crappy footage?
    Nasa are a military wing of the US government btw
    No they aren't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Why is there a cover up about ET civilizations? The answer to that is very long and complex. There are many reasons, its about money, power, religion, history, politics and technology.

One of the main reasons is that the USA does not want everyone to know that they are not the boss.

Nasa are a military wing of the US government btw, they do what they are told. Not withstanding that they do awesome work on alot of things, but the ET question is not in their control.
    NASA are not part of the military. The fact is that proof of ET's would greatly improve their funding, NASA's whole purpose is to find out ''what's out there''. It seems unlikely that they would encounter UFO's, deny they encountered UFO's and yet release a video of the ''encounter''. That wouldn't exactly be a very good cover up would it?

Here's a comment I found on another site that seems to explain it quite well...
    Guys, let's do some mathematics here.

To say in advance, this is NOT any footage of aliens floating around and feeding on energy, and the objects are not even unidentified. They are small (and I mean small) frozen waterdrops previously ejected from some tank on the space shuttle. They do NOT change direction, and they are not even pulsing. So if you are a die-hard believer and don't want to get disappointed, then skip this post. Othwerwiese read on.

First of all, NASA would not hide the fact that they saw something mysterious. The fact that there's something out there would increase their budget immensely for coming projects, and hundreds of scientists within NASA would surely not keep their mouth shut about this. Mankind has been craving for evidence of extraterrestrial life for decades. Why do you think there' something like SETI ? (http://www.seti.org) Btw, SETI projects are sponsored by NASA.

And just because some NASA ground technician doesn't immediately understand the "things swimming in the foreground" in the footage, does that mean its extraterrestrial? Why do conspiracy people doubt obvious "flag on the moon" photos, and then fall for such a simple optical illusion? Also, why are they so quick to calculate the size of the blobs in relation to the tether, but don't question the size of the tether itsself?

Here's the (mathematical) explanation. First the facts:

- The tether is 20 km (~12 miles) long, and only a meter in diameter
    - The footage shows an aspect ratio (length of the tether, divided by it's diameter) of 12:1
    - The actual aspect ratio, based on the facts, is 20.000:1

Even if we were to assume that the tether broke before it was fully extended, we would NEVER ever get close to the "observed" 12:1 aspect ratio. So, where does this obvious discrepancy come from? In the footage, the tether should be 1.600m in diameter, when in fact it's only 1m. Even to a viewer of the footage, who does not do this equation, the tether seems much too wide in relation to its length.

In other words: you are not seeing the actual tether, but an overcontrasted hallow of a very thin black pole VERY far away (> 100 km), that has gone through some image enhancement inside the infrared camera. Now, don't you think these "enhancements" apply to all objects in the footage? On top of that, the intense light of the sun, it's position, and the curvature and diffraction of the lens do their part on the actual image. You are seeing ALTERED REALITY.

You can read on in the wiki article on "diffraction". If you scroll down to the chapter "Diffraction limit of telescopes", there's a nice image that resembles the blobs in the footage. However, this time it's not about stars, but about tiny frozen particles NEAR the shuttle that are way out of focus. Also from Wiki: "Even if a lens is designed to minimize or eliminate the aberrations described above, the image quality is still limited by the diffraction of light passing through the lens' finite aperture."

So, things to watch out for when looking at the footage again:

1. Some of the flying blobs have two notches that change size and position as they move, and their circular shape distorts towards the edges of the frame. These are typical optical effects when changing the position of objects in relation to their light source.

2. The pulsing of the blobs comes from the frequency of the camera's power supply or some electromagnetic waves in the shuttle. In fact, even the outside rim of the footage seems to have this pulsing effect. Remember your flickering television, or a computer screen that starts to wiggle when your mobile phone is connecting to the nearest antenna. It's as easy as that. No aliens feeding on energy.

3. The "changing of direction" of the blobs results from the zooming of the camera and the curvature of the lens.

4. The observation, that the blobs seem to travel BEHIND the tether, is an illusion coming from the contrast enhancement of the camera and the fact, that the actual thether is only a tini black rod inside the enhanced hallow you are seeing. The tiny frozen drops also have this enhanced hallow. The actual drop is the tiny black (out of focus) spot inside the hallow. Remember what astronaut Franklin says in an answer to the "swimming things" from the technician at ground control: "it's illuminated by the Sun at such a low angle, so there's a lot of stray light". You would never be able to tell (in the poor resolution of this footage), whether an out-of-focus and overexposed water drop between 10 to 100m distance of the shuttle is before or behind a massive rod at 100 km (!) distance. It's an optical illusion. Did you ever believe that a rainbow actually touches the ground at the position you are seeing it? Your brain is inclined to those kind of illusions.

So people, don't SEE WHAT YOU BELIEVE, but BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE. If you can't see "aliens feeding on energy" without the notion of a doubt, then don't believe it! To quote another similar thread: "Don't be a believer or a non-believer. Be a thinker and a questioner, and you will be more than either." I know it would be just too cool to be true, to finally find another form of life out there, and I'm sure some day we will. But I'm sorry, NASA did not find one yet, and surely not on this tether mission.

About me: I'm a computer scientist and software developer in the field of image processing and enhancement. My company is located in Munich, Germany. If you want to see what I'm doing, click on the link below.

Henning Kuersten
    http://www.CodedColor.com
    There's more to a picture...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well I'll give you one thing, you have a very vivid imagination. Even the guys over on AboveTopSecret realise this is nothing more than a poorly focused camera, light scattering and over exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

zenno wrote: »
    heres a link for people that want to read older ufo reports from the 1800's up to the present day. some interesting reports on this ufo problem. http://www.ufocasebook.com/casefiles.html
    What plugin do I need to view the videos on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

realplayer does it for me.

it looks like there is no plugin for firefox but i'd say theres a way around that. I never watched the video only read the accounts from the 1800's upwards. I will look into it.

it seems that an active x install is needed for firefox. i tried it in internet explorer and was using realplayer and i installed the active x and videos work fine. i have contacted the webmaster to sort this problem for firefox. it's a good site with lots of information if i get a fix for firefox i will leave a comment here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

This is something I have always had an interest in but know quite little about besides what I have read about Roswell.

I believe, and always have, that there is life, intelligent life on other planets. I am certainly open to the idea that they have, and currently do "visit" Earth. After all, we fly to different planets to gather rocks and soil, why wouldn't they do something similar? I certainly believe that if they where governments would cover it up.

So anyway,what do you guys feel is the best evidence to support the theory that alien life visits this planet? Inadequately explained sightings, abduction accounts, pictures, unusual phenomena etc?
    Simple fact is there is not one piece of evidence to suggest there is any aliens visiting us.

ok it's a simple plugin thats only needed for firefox for the video's on that previous site i linked. it can be downloaded from here as follows....
    http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download i just installed it on windows 7 premium and works fine.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Well I'll give you one thing, you have a very vivid imagination. Even the guys over on AboveTopSecret realise this is nothing more than a poorly focused camera, light scattering and over exposure.

Im not imagining anything, im only saying what is in the video. They go behind the tether, and they are clearly ufos.

Heres a dude who does a little commentry on it, its from a documentary a few years back, cant for the life of me remember his name or who he is, some aero-nautics or ex astronaut guy or somthing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gh_OD2-gQY
    I do love you guys, but I would respect his opinion over the lot of you, no offence.

The tether incident is not an isolated incident, its happened before, with the footage being just as good. Look here -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFmh-LTkuw
    Nasa were trying to get a visual on the Mir space station, but the place gets flooded with orbs/ufos, many of em shooting by fast aswell.

Heres another one aswell. This one is from the STS-80 columbia, very famous footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyuQVIFdKo
    Shows ufos floating around above the atmosphere, then all lining up in a circle and flashing really brightly, with the one in the center flashing the brightest. Clearly under inteligent control and communicating with eachother, or even sending a message to the camara man, who knows.

Whether people want to accept it or not, there appears to by traffic in space that aint us.

digme wrote: »
    Simple fact is there is not one piece of evidence to suggest there is any aliens visiting us.

Your taking about physical evidence, of course theres none, are you looking for an alien to knock on your door?

Theres an insurmountable level of videos, released government files, witnesses and documentaries which all point to the undeniable truth that ufos are indeed real and that we arnt the ones driving them.

Im not imagining anything, im only saying what is in the video. They go behind the tether, and they are clearly ufos.

Heres a dude who does a little commentry on it, its from a documentary a few years back, cant for the life of me remember his name or who he is, some aero-nautics or ex astronaut guy or somthing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gh_OD2-gQY
    I do love you guys, but I would respect his opinion over the lot of you, no offence.

The tether incident is not an isolated incident, its happened before, with the footage being just as good. Look here -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFmh-LTkuw
    Nasa were trying to get a visual on the Mir space station, but the place gets flooded with orbs/ufos, many of em shooting by fast aswell.

Heres another one aswell. This one is from the STS-80 columbia, very famous footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJyuQVIFdKo
    Shows ufos floating around above the atmosphere, then all lining up in a circle and flashing really brightly, with the one in the center flashing the brightest. Clearly under inteligent control and communicating with eachother, or even sending a message to the camara man, who knows.

Whether people want to accept it or not, there appears to by traffic in space that aint us.
    looks really cool but how many aliens do you know lol
    seriously if it looks as prolific as the videos show then half my friends should be aliens.

• Advertisement

Your taking about physical evidence, of course theres none, are you looking for an alien to knock on your door?

Theres an insurmountable level of videos, released government files, witnesses and documentaries which all point to the undeniable truth that ufos are indeed real and that we arnt the ones driving them.
    i'd love there to be aliens here, but as you said all we have is guys saying there's aliens here and a few videos. :(

Advertisement