Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO/alien evidence

Options
  • 11-04-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

This is something I have always had an interest in but know quite little about besides what I have read about Roswell.

I believe, and always have, that there is life, intelligent life on other planets. I am certainly open to the idea that they have, and currently do "visit" Earth. After all, we fly to different planets to gather rocks and soil, why wouldn't they do something similar? I certainly believe that if they where governments would cover it up.

So anyway,what do you guys feel is the best evidence to support the theory that alien life visits this planet? Inadequately explained sightings, abduction accounts, pictures, unusual phenomena etc?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There is no ''best evidence'' because there is no ''evidence'' to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Read a book called Mirage Men.

Roswell and other famous incidents were concocted by the US military to mask their own activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

There is no ''best evidence'' because there is no ''evidence'' to begin with.
    Well mate thats you opinion, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will point at certain things as good evidence.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Well mate thats you opinion, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will point at certain things as good evidence.
    Of course they will, and they'd be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's loads of stuff that could be put forward as evidence, but not so much that is accepted as such!

Humanji has a thread on disclosures made recently by the MoD in the UK - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198037

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

OP do you not think it's a bit wierd how there are thousands if not millions of amateur astronomers pointing telescopes and cameras at the sky every day of the week, yet UFO sightings are almost never by astronomers? Surely with all the reported UFO sightings, we'd have good unambiguous photographic evidence available by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

John E. Mack might make for interesting reading.

Passport to the Cosmos

I honestly don't know what to make of the entire phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dave! wrote: »
    OP do you not think it's a bit wierd how there are thousands if not millions of amateur astronomers pointing telescopes and cameras at the sky every day of the week, yet UFO sightings are almost never by astronomers? Surely with all the reported UFO sightings, we'd have good unambiguous photographic evidence available by now.
    Even if its all a load of crap its still interesting... Thats a good point. But what about occasions when pilots etc see them? And all the times various government agencies have recorded them and covered them up? Half of the explanations are ridiculous. These people are seeing something.

Heres a site, some cool photos there.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

So interesting points,for some seeing is believing.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Even if its all a load of crap its still interesting... Thats a good point. But what about occasions when pilots etc see them? And all the times various government agencies have recorded them and covered them up? Half of the explanations are ridiculous. These people are seeing something.

Heres a site, some cool photos there.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html

Pilots are prone to being mistaken just like anyone else. In most cases they just report seeing "lights" of some sort, which may be interesting, but it's hardly conclusive of anything. If we were to believe everything that eye-witnesses report, then we'd be living in a world where Bigfoot, Nessy, Elvis, and 2pac, are all kicking about. Fact is people can be mistaken about what they think they saw, they can make stuff up for a variety of reasons, and they have a tendency to distort or romanticise memories. I read a news story about a pilot recalling a UFO he saw as a pilot in the 50's! How anyone can be confident of something they saw 50 years ago is beyond me. Another example I often point out from my own experience is:
    Another time I saw what one could be forgiven for thinking was a bunch of spacecrafts having a dogfight miles up in space! Just looked like dots of light moving around each other randomly. As we turned the corner and looked up, they were gone. My paranormal-loving friend saw it too, and was clearly pleased to see that I had had a paranormal experience. I just said that I didn't know what it was, and left it at that. Saw the same thing the next day on my own, and walked further on, they disappeared again. Forgot about it, until I looked up about 5 minutes down the road, and there were a bunch of seagulls flying around in front of a billboard, being lit up by the lights :) Showing that (a) humans often confuse 'big but far away' with 'small but close', and (b) just because an explanation is not forthcoming or apparent does not mean it's not something mundane. Seagulls in front of a billboard would be the last thing that I'd consider.

As for government cover-ups, I'm not aware of any examples of them covering up a 'proven' alien encounter. If you think that militaries aren't conducting secret research, etc., then you're mistaken. There are plenty of reasons why governments might want to cover up this research, and new weapons and hardware that they're testing. Particularly during the Cold War, when sci-fi was also becoming quite popular, and lots of UFO sightings were coincidentally being reported!

Not sure what explanations you find ridiculous; military research could cover alot of them, but if in doubt, Chinese lanterns are usually a safe bet ;)

Fact is that to date, despite claims that there have been alien visitations since the 50's at least, we do not have a single bit of concrete, unambiguous evidence. All we have is stories. Either every consecutive administration, from different parties, ideologies, etc., in dozens of countries around the world, are all in on this conspiracy, and are carrying out the most effective ever clean-up operation on these crash sites (plus all the astronomers who can't seem to capture clear pictures of these crafts, but can capture clear pictures of Mars)... or there's a widespread psychocultural phenomenon going on, being influenced by films/tv, books, pictures and stories, and making people make the leap from "I don't know" to "alien spacecraft", and connecting dots that aren't there. My money's on the latter.

BTW, take with a pinch of salt stories that you read on the internet. There's a widespread belief that former US President Jimmy Carter saw a spacecraft of some sort; the Skeptics Guide podcast in my sig interviewed him about it, and he made it clear that all he saw was a bright light that he couldn't explain. He made no claims that it was a spacecraft or anything. The hosts conclude that it was probably a planet (can't remember which -- Mercury?) illuminated in a manner that it infrequently does, but which is often claimed as a UFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

SETI are scanning for radio signals when any advanced spacefaring alien civilizations would use ftl communications. We don't know what to look for because we don't have the technological or theoretical appartus to look for it in the first place. One of the possibilities for 2012 is a fullscale disclosure of alien involvement on Earth. Of course I think governments are completely terrified of these aliens, they have no human compunctions towards human emotions or concerns and are vastly more advanced than us. This is really scary and whatever happens we may have to fight for our very survival as a species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Dave! wrote: »

If you read up on it a bit,you will see they had made accusations of them coming from the oceans and not all from the skies at all,There was some big article about it.And the other theory is some come from a portal.

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/us-ufo-war-in-southern-ocean/

caseyann wrote: »
    If you read up on it a bit,you will see they had made accusations of them coming from the oceans and not all from the skies at all,There was some big article about it.And the other theory is some come from a portal.

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/us-ufo-war-in-southern-ocean/
    Please tell me you're taking the piss.

Please tell me you're taking the piss.

You ask them are they taking the piss.

"What Einstein worked out with pencil and paper nearly a century ago continues to hold up to scientific scrutiny," said Stecker. "High-energy observations of cosmic gamma rays don't rule out the possibility of extra dimensions and the concept of quantum gravity, but they do place some strict constraints on how scientists can go about finding such phenomena."

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/1212einstein.html

You ask them are they taking the piss.

Okay, I'll rephrase, do you believe any of what's contained in the link you posted?

Okay, I'll rephrase, do you believe any of what's contained in the link you posted?

I dont believe anything until i see it myself.
    But i will read everything and leave it open for being proved and wont knock it either.
    Funny people said the same things to Einstein and bell etc....
    They didnt believe in medical science and the earth was flat shall i go on :D

Favour MagicMarker if you dont mind.:) Can you go to strangle blue light thread and print screen the webcam link for people to see,please.As i cant seem to be able to get it.Thanks :)
    http://122.20.254.201:443/Camera08

I dont believe anything until i see it myself.
    But i will read everything and leave it open for being proved and wont knock it either.
    Funny people said the same things to Einstein and bell etc....
    They didnt believe in medical science and the earth was flat shall i go on :D

Favour MagicMarker if you dont mind.:) Can you go to strangle blue light thread and print screen the webcam link for people to see,please.As i cant seem to be able to get it.Thanks :)
    http://122.20.254.201:443/Camera08
    lol at comparing Einstein's theory to a secret war with UFO's based under water. There's no facepalm worthy enough for that shoite you've linked us to. I mean how gullible can anyone really be? Even people who commented on that ''article'' think it's BS.

And only idiots thought the Earth was flat btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You mean you don't believe Jupiter is hollow, and has a sun inside it? ..and maybe Earth is the same?

JustinOval wrote: »
    You mean you don't believe Jupiter is hollow, and has a sun inside it? ..and maybe Earth is the same?
    Well no one has proved otherwise, so I'm open to the idea... :pac:

• Advertisement

lol at comparing Einstein's theory to a secret war with UFO's based under water. There's no facepalm worthy enough for that shoite you've linked us to. I mean how gullible can anyone really be? Even people who commented on that ''article'' think it's BS.

And only idiots thought the Earth was flat btw.

So if there is such thing as portals and its proven before you die can we call you an idiot? I merely gave a possible reason as to why star gazers dont see them.
    And dont face palm me because you are being condescending for absolutely no reason other than to think you are some how superior.
    Do i call your closed mind gullible and face palm you for having an opposite opinion?

And most of the world didnt believe in any of it so most of the world are were idiots?They were told impossible and they believed it.Something like you are doing now?

So if there is such thing as portals and its proven before you die can we call you an idiot? I merely gave a possible reason as to why star gazers dont see them.
    And dont face palm me because you are being condescending for absolutely no reason other than to think you are some how superior.
    Do i call your closed mind gullible and face palm you for having an opposite opinion?

Firstly, I didn't call you anything, as you said you didn't ''believe anything until you see it''. What I am saying is anyone who does believe there's been a secret war going on against UFOs that are based under the southern ocean for the last 7 years is a complete and utter retard.
    And most of the world didnt believe in any of it so most of the world are were idiots?They were told impossible and they believed it.Something like you are doing now?

What?

Firstly, I didn't call you anything, as you said you didn't ''believe anything until you see it''. What I am saying is anyone who does believe there's been a secret war going on against UFOs that are based under the southern ocean for the last 7 years is a complete and utter retard.

What?

Ok fair enough i thought you were face palming and calling me guillable because i am keeping open mind waiting for it to be proven.

I mean when they came out with the theories long ago,the most educated people in world and governments fobbed it off as madness.And all the people believed them until it was proven fact.So were they all idiots?

I mean when they came out with the theories long ago,the most educated people in world and governments fobbed it off as madness. fact.

Not quite a fact, considering Einstein was regarded as one of the worlds leading scientists, and his theories were accepted by other leading physicists.
    And all the people believed them until it was proven, So were they all idiots?

Why would someone be a retard if they don't believe something that hasn't been proven?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

So anyway,what do you guys feel is the best evidence to support the theory that alien life visits this planet? Inadequately explained sightings, abduction accounts, pictures, unusual phenomena etc?

There are various videos on the net that are the best evidence. These videos are all clear smoking guns, but they get lost in the noise of disinfo and nonsense.

They are as follows -

The tether incident -

In 1996, a 12 mile long tether was released into space while nasa were filming. Nasa then accidently filmed hundreds of massive ufos that swarmed around the tether. Some of the ufos were miles in diameter.
    The astronauts and base control people doing commentary on the video were so stunned they only barely managed to keep it togather while staying within their protocols for such events.
    This is the clearest and probably most shocking video on the subject as it clearly shows the massive level of traffic in space. Nasa were unable to cover it up because it was broadcast and recorded by many people.
    The sceptics claim its space dust and ice particles, which is absolutely hillarious and has been proved wrong since many of the ufos actually go behind the tether and some of them even change direction. Watch it for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFBUS0kiSA

The disclosure project witness testimony interviews -

Most people are aware of the disclosure project conference in 2001, but what most people dont know is that there was a documentary released at the same time which has 2 hours of raw interviews which up to 100 of the witnesses, as compared to just 12 or so in the actual conference.
    This is the hardest collection evidence ever contained in one documentary, and in actual fact it was produced to be presented to the US congress.
    Part 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6552475158249898710#
    Part 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4694075066240662837#

It contains interviews with people from -
    -CIA
    -NASA
    -NRO
    -Senior airport staff from US and Mexico
    -and a whole host of others from pretty much all departments in the US

The evidence includes testimony of crashed and retrieved ufos from people who were involved and who saw ETs, assasination programs for whistleblowers, senior airport staff talking about how ufos were harassing airports and even planes, ICBM testers witnessing ufos knocking their missiles out of the sky, nuclear missile launch operators who had their nukes disabled by ufos, nasa people who saw photos of alien bases on the moon and who were witness to airbrushing of ufos out of satallite photos, control room people who were seeing traffic coming to and from earth on radar screens.

Its basically the real deal packed into 2 hours. A must watch that is undebunkable and rock solid.

The Belgium ufos -

My personal favourite, the Belgium ufos of the early 1990's. Tracked by radar for days on end and caused panic across the country.
    The airforce eventually came out and admitted that they had been chasing vehicles that were going so fast that could not have contained human pilots.

The head of the airforce gave a press conference and spilled the beans in a way that no other military leader from any other country would dare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7psGj4M1ZI
    Hes a brave man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Of course they will, and they'd be wrong.
    how do you know they'ed be wrong really so sure of yourself arent ya:p

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

This is something I have always had an interest in but know quite little about besides what I have read about Roswell.

I believe, and always have, that there is life, intelligent life on other planets. I am certainly open to the idea that they have, and currently do "visit" Earth. After all, we fly to different planets to gather rocks and soil, why wouldn't they do something similar? I certainly believe that if they where governments would cover it up.

The ancient's are often remarked as having 'alien' like qualities like advanced technology and ways.
    I think the question of it being extra-terrestrial is wrong somehow. extra-dimensional is much more likely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

"The thether incident" is one of the more boring things i have ever sat through

you would need a pretty good imagination to make something out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

kryogen wrote: »
    "The thether incident" is one of the more boring things i have ever sat through

you would need a pretty good imagination to make something out of that

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dont need any imagination at all, its a very clear video.

Are we watching the same video......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The tether incident -

In 1996, a 12 mile long tether was released into space while nasa were filming. Nasa then accidently filmed hundreds of massive ufos that swarmed around the tether. Some of the ufos were miles in diameter.
    What exactly is this based off?

Advertisement