Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Out again this morning, same loop as yesterday. Very sticky weather out today - not particularly warm but humid as fcuk! 4.5km/2.8 miles at 9.35/mile average pace. HR still high (175 average/191 max). Felt pretty good, I can't overstate how nice it is to be getting back out after basically having to take 3 weeks off.

Just hope there's not going to be any more time off the road like this for a very long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good that your back again, but take it easy for a short while - you dont want to rush into longer and faster stuff and get hit with an over use injury :)

Random : Could your garmin HR be inflated with that stupid problem where its very high at the star of a run, until it gets wet?

Random : Could your garmin HR be inflated with that stupid problem where its very high at the star of a run, until it gets wet?

Judging by how consistently high it stays later on in the run, I don't think so.

blzBv.png

You can see the early spike quite clearly there, but it slowly climbs and stays high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Delighted to see you back out. You must have been so frustrated.

On the plan for this evening - 30 minutes easy, which is exactly what got done in absolutely lashing rain. :eek: Summer my arse!

Managed to control the pace a bit more this evening, 4.77km/2.96 miles at 10.08/mile average pace. If it wasn't for the rotten weather there would have been laps of the shopping centre car park to bring it up to 5km :pac:

HR still high (166bpm average/185bpm max), but felt pretty good throughout the run so meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

On the plan for this evening - 30 minutes easy, which is exactly what got done in absolutely lashing rain. :eek: Summer my arse!

I was the only runner in Dublin 15 last night!

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I was the only runner in Dublin 15 last night!
    I wasn't the only one out on the way to Pram Springs - was passed by one woman who was running in a rain poncho and a guy who was wearing heavy cotton :eek:

I wasn't the only one out on the way to Pram Springs - was passed by one woman who was running in a rain poncho and a guy who was wearing heavy cotton :eek:

I saw a couple making their way home in tshirts and without coats in my estate carrying Lidl bags....Lidl is 2 miles from my house :eek:

Was supposed to run last night, but swapped that run to tonight after a crap night's sleep on Monday night meant that I had no energy at all after work yesterday evening. Got out this evening anyway (with the added bonus of slightly better weather), 40 minutes easy was on the schedule. Ran 6.67km / 4.11 miles in just over 40 minutes, 9.47/mile average pace. Felt a bit tougher than it should have, tbh. This recovery isn't going to be quick...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Good news, you have the honour of holding our tops during the race on Saturday :D

• Advertisement

Good news, you have the honour of holding our tops during the race on Saturday :D
    Just like Cork. :pac:

There had better be a birthday pint in it for me!

Just like Cork. :pac:

There had better be a birthday pint in it for me!

And a cake with 28 candles :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mr Slow wrote: »
    And a cake with 28 candles :P

Adding an extra year onto her life is a little harsh.

Whether 27 or 28 candles it's irrelevant. Your in you're late twenties in 3 days time, enjoy the last few days of your mid 20's :p

Whether 27 or 28 candles it's irrelevant. Your in you're late twenties in 3 days time, enjoy the last few days of your mid 20's :p
    You'll be there in a few months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Glad to see you're out and about running again. Pity you won't be able to do Dunshaughlin.
    Is your birthday on Saturday? (oh, to be that young again!)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Is your birthday on Saturday? (oh, to be that young again!)
    It's actually Friday, but Saturday is the more suitable beering night. D'mammy wants to do the usual "have a meal as a family" thing tomorrow. Since T-bone steaks (rare of course) are promised, this is a good thing :D

It's actually Friday, but Saturday is the more suitable beering night.

And you should get 1 beer per coat you hold! ;)

Oh Garmin, you so crazy :pac:

That's a bit more like it. Plan for today was 40 minutes easy, did 6.28km / 3.9 miles @ 9.41/mile average pace this evening - ran from the office because I was meeting up with friends for dinner and booze. Clearly my Garmin does not like the city centre, pace fluctuations were pretty crazy, and it thinks I can at some point hit sub-4 minute mile pace :eek:

HR finally dropped slightly compared to the last few runs - 162 average/176 max, I'm interpreting that as a good sign. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Happy Birthday RK, hope you have a great weekend celebrating :)

27? So you're over the hill now! better start planning your retirement haha. I have to say it feels great to still be 26.

27? So you're over the hill now! better start planning your retirement haha. I have to say it feels great to still be 26.

Women live longer, so I've a marginally lower proportion of my life expectancy completed than you. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Happy Birthday RK.

Women live longer, so I've a marginally lower proportion of my life expectancy completed than you. :pac:

But i've been running longer than you, and that increases your life expectancy, so there!

Dont take your mid life crisis out on me :p

Dont take your mid life crisis out on me :p
    Plenty of others around here for whom that description is more accurate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

You work around the corner from me!!

Happy birthday, and be thankful you're not hitting the 3 this year :(

You work around the corner from me!!
    Go team Dublin 2 :)

(I think Claralara is close enough to there too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Happy Birthday RK.
    Enjoy the birthday celebrations! :)

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Missus!

Advertisement