Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Hope you're feeling better J, have the antibiotics started to work yet?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think so, I'm definitely feeling a bit better than I was a few days ago. Back in work tomorrow, the proof will be in whether I can last beyond 2pm without wanting to crawl under my desk and go asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. But good to see you're on the mend and hopefully you'll be out running and back to yourself by the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

RK, If i were you i would forget about racing until August. Dunshaughlin included.

dolliemix wrote: »
    hopefully you'll be out running and back to yourself by the weekend :)

Fingers crossed! Antibiotic finishes Wednesday, so hopefully back to some easy running this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

RK, If i were you i would forget about racing until August. Dunshaughlin included.
    I must say, this does seem sensible advice. Forcing a run in Dunshaughlin after a long enough lay off and not running to the standards you hope and expect of yourself could be counter productive.

Good point. Dublin Pride is on the same day as Dunshaughlin so my drinking arm will still get a workout :pac:

Might do a 5k in July if I can just as a tester, before having a proper crack at the Dun Laoghaire 10k on the August bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Good point. Dublin Pride is on the same day as Dunshaughlin so my drinking arm will still get a workout :pac:

Might do a 5k in July if I can just as a tester, before having a proper crack at the Dun Laoghaire 10k on the August bank holiday weekend.

I'll be on the sidelines in Dunshaughlin, you can keep me company!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

mrslow wrote: »

What?!?!?!

:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac: !

(couldn't decide which smily to use)

RayCun wrote: »
    What?!?!?!

:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac: !

(couldn't decide which smily to use)

I didn't realise my presence in the race was a source of stress for you Ray, you must feel relieved. :P

• Advertisement

I didn't realise my presence in the race was a source of stress for you Ray, you must feel relieved. :P

That I won't have to buy you a pint! :pac:

so what's the story? post-marathon hangover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ahh man, you really should use that race to post a PB. You'll be well recovered in 2 weeks, by the looks of yesterday, you were recovered already.

That I won't have to buy you a pint! :pac:

so what's the story? post-marathon hangover?

I'm just going to take it easy (relatively) for a few weeks, I've been putting in the work all year, just taking a short time out from hard sessions before I start building towards DCM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'm just going to take it easy (relatively) for a few weeks, I've been putting in the work all year, just taking a short time out from hard sessions before I start building towards DCM.

I think you're spot on Mr slow and I really like your disciplined approach. You could run Dunshaughlin and post a PB but why risk burning out and injury.

Woddle wrote: »
    I think you're spot on Mr slow and I really like your disciplined approach. You could run Dunshaughlin and post a PB but why risk burning out and injury.

Thanks Woddle, I'll just have to beat Ray another day :pac:

DCM smackdown!

DCM smackdown!

...while I watch. :cool:

DCM smackdown!

I like your confidence, you're after sub 3:20 I'm after sub 3:30 so that won't work, I reckon the series half marathon would make for a good contest.

I like your confidence, you're after sub 3:20 I'm after sub 3:30

Yes, but you've run a faster marathon than I have :pac:
    plus, the times I have targetted in recent races bear little resemblance to the times I have finished in :o

Yes, but you've run a faster marathon than I have :pac:
    plus, the times I have targetted in recent races bear little resemblance to the times I have finished in :o

You should have left the negativity on holidays Ray, you've had one bad day which was still a pb. What's the target for Dunshaughlin? sub 43?

• Advertisement

You should have left the negativity on holidays Ray, you've had one bad day which was still a pb. What's the target for Dunshaughlin? sub 43?

Three bad days!

I might take it easy in Dunshaughlin now I don't have to beat you - the first half at sub-45 pace and see what I can do in the second half.

Three bad days!

I might take it easy in Dunshaughlin now I don't have to beat you - the first half at sub-45 pace and see what I can do in the second half.

First half is faster, the rises in the second half may hold you at that pace.

Bright blue Kayanos arrived. They are actually closer to sky blue than anything else, so they will clash delightfully with just about everything I own :D

Bright blue Kayanos arrived. They are actually closer to sky blue than anything else, so they will clash delightfully with just about everything I own :D

What about the DCM top from last year, or your Man City jersey :p

Why would I own a Man ****ty jersey? :pac:

Also, they're a different sky blue to the DCM top from last year, much brighter.

Why would I own a Man ****ty jersey? :pac:

Beacuse they are the deserving FA cup champions and the league winners next year :p

Who put the ball in the Munich's net, YAYAYAYA Toure :p

Beacuse they are the deserving FA cup champions and the league winners next year :p
    th_GTFO.png

Antibiotics done. Loading up on vitamins and such today, will be chancing a run tomorrow.

Cannot believe I've managed to miss 6 ****ing weeks of running since Barcelona. :(

Meant to get out last night for a run but ended up meeting up with a friend who I haven't seen in a couple of months and going for a meal with her, so didn't get out. Headed out this morning for a short run, put my snotrag/wristband over the Garmin so I wouldn't be watching it the whole time.

I got a fright when I saw the data. I wasn't making any particular effort to slow down or speed up. 4.49km/2.79 miles covered, average pace 9.37/mile. Average HR is even further into the stratosphere. 179bpm average/191bpm max, with only the times where I had to wait to cross a road bringing it down a bit. (in case anyone's curious) Resting's back down to 47, so this is crazy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Glad to see you’re back out running, mind yourself for the next few runs

Advertisement