Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Hey guys, someone stole my bike from monitored, "secure " underground parking lot :(

Kands Maestro 2012 model, few pictures for you:

http://imgur.com/51LQzSF

http://imgur.com/QWFByMW

(mine has black seat)
    http://imgur.com/PZw3NyP

It's a unique bike ,you won't see two of these in Ireland. manufactured and sold exclusively in Poland (at least in 2012 when I bought it).

Shimano alivio, paint on head tube (front) was scraped off by the brake cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 determinedlass

Evening all,

My bike was stolen yesterday evening in Temple Bar. It was a bog standard Trek hybrid.
    Is there anything else I can do in addition to reporting it stolen (which I've done) and keeping an eye on donedeal, gumtree etc.

I realise that it is highly unlikely that I will get it back, but are there any second hand bike shops, markets etc I should wander into and have a look?

It is kinda sad that I've been cycling in Dublin on and off for five years and the response I got was; it was a surprise that my bike had not stolen earlier!

Any info would be gratefully received!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Evening all,

My bike was stolen yesterday evening in Temple Bar. It was a bog standard Trek hybrid.
    Is there anything else I can do in addition to reporting it stolen (which I've done) and keeping an eye on donedeal, gumtree etc.

I realise that it is highly unlikely that I will get it back, but are there any second hand bike shops, markets etc I should wander into and have a look?

It is kinda sad that I've been cycling in Dublin on and off for five years and the response I got was; it was a surprise that my bike had not stolen earlier!

Any info would be gratefully received!

Letting us know the year, model and colour would help. Trek hybrid could really mean anything :)

Trek 7.2 Navy. It has a gel saddle, bell on the left side and besides that, there are no
    distinguishing features.

I'm not expecting anyone to keep an eye out for it (so I did not initially post details)! However, surely there are shops, markets etc that are known for dealing in stolen bikes and if someone could p.m. me the details, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,265 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Trek 7.2 Navy. It has a gel saddle, bell on the left side and besides that, there are no
    distinguishing features.

I'm not expecting anyone to keep an eye out for it (so I did not initially post details)! However, surely there are shops, markets etc that are known for dealing in stolen bikes and if someone could p.m. me the details, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

An oldish article, but an interesting read.
    http://www.indymedia.ie/article/72315?print_page=true

• Advertisement

Thanks! Probably best to leave it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jmmg

Hey guys

Bike stolen this evening from ranelagh - broke into car and robbed a Specialized Stumpjumper elite 2007, blue in colour, size large

If anyone hears of anything I'd really appreciate it,

pm here with any info

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

Jessie1973 wrote: »
    Hi Folk, last night some low life stole my 3 bikes from my shed in Thomastown in Kilkenny. Bike 1 was a 2014 Giant Defy 1 Advanced, Matt black, size 54. Bike 2 was a Specialized Roubaix, size 54.8 2013, red & white. 3rd bike was my sons Treck 1.2 Alpha size 54, blue & white. Reward offered for any information leading to the recovery of these bikes, thankyou !

Am I right in saying these bikes were recovered thanks to the good folks in Spokes Cycles? I'm hoping that's the same incident anyway, and if so congrats on the happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

My bike was stolen from garden shed in Rathfarnham, Dublin last night
    Apparently, there's been lots of break ins in the area....so look out.

Cube Peleton RFR, white frame, black & red decals
    62cm frame, Look pedals, Shimano Sora gear set.
    black and red bottle holders, so may stand out.

Any info, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

21" Trek 3900 Black/Grey 2006 model, in excellent condition.

Stolen in South Dublin last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bizpioneer

My bike got stolen today at work, fitzwilliam business center sir john rogersons quay.

Its black with blue text lombardo amantea. With u shape kryptonite 2.0 krypto lock locked frame rear wheel and front wheel. :(

Its brand new and looks like the lock is not as great as advertised dammit

god bless all here. nosign of mine since.

did just spot a very public sale of a stolen bike on south circular. passed the info on to a garda car two mins down the road, they headed off towards the scummers. so if you've had an orange/black trek nicked lately you might be in luck contacted whichever station is local to Leonard's corner.

even got a pic of em, tho they got a good look at me doing so. with my luck the bloody car will be next now.

I was thinking the same thing. I used to work around there, and most of this type of crime originated in Beech Hill estate.
    It might be worth hanging out around there and you might see your bikes.

where exactly is this? gmaps is vague, is it beech hill rd, terrace, the general area?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

bizpioneer wrote: »
    My bike got stolen today at work, fitzwilliam business center sir john rogersons quay.

Its black with blue text lombardo amantea. With u shape kryptonite 2.0 krypto lock locked frame rear wheel and front wheel. :(

Its brand new and looks like the lock is not as great as advertised dammit

Sorry this happened to you (the bastards!) , but just to clarify your locking, did you use just the one lock or two? I have three on mine at the moment, one of them being the same Ulock you used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

where exactly is this? gmaps is vague, is it beech hill rd, terrace, the general area?

thanks.

In on the left, after the bus garage as you're coming from Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 -Nail-Biter-

Hey.. long shot I know but said I'd post this here anyway...

My bike was stolen from my house in Rathgar, Dublin 6. I live in a Georgian house converted into flats. The bike was left in the shared hall which I realise now wasn't the wisest place for it but previous neighbours had left their bikes there too so I stupidly assumed it would be ok as there are no bike locking options anywhere else...

Woke up this morning and was on the way out to work and no sign of the bike, one of my neighbours had moved out over night and their flat door was wide open and all their stuff cleared out. The main front door was closed.

Its a ladies hybrid Liberty Imagine, black with a patch of sky blue on the frame, pretty basic little 18 speed bike but was my pride and joy as I only bought it new a week ago!!!

Leaving this info here on the offchance someone comes across it but also with the warning to not make the same mistake I made and find room to bring your bike into your flat even if it is a bedsit!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Woke up this morning and was on the way out to work and no sign of the bike, one of my neighbours had moved out over night and their flat door was wide open and all their stuff cleared out. The main front door was closed.
    Get the landlord and the Gardai involved ASAP, the landlord will have details (or should have) such as PPS and ID. With this the gardai may have a good chance of finding the old tenant if they are employed. Just an idea, obviously if there was more than one person it could be a PITA and it also could be anoter tenant seeing the opportunity and where the blame would lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samuelel101

Grey " Giant Roam" size XL, stolen from Terenure last night. No mudguards, and tear towards front of saddle. If seen for sale please notify!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

My Giant Escape bike was stolen from the basement car park in Bushy Park House the past few days. Noticed it gone this morning. I notified the Gardai and I've gone through the various websites. The scumbags left the rear wheel attached to rack. I know it's a long shot but hey, I've got nothing to loose!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

how was bike locked? presume only the back wheel was locked if it was left attached to the rack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Andalucia wrote: »
    how was bike locked? presume only the back wheel was locked if it was left attached to the rack

Unfortunately yes. The only time I forgot to secure the frame. I'm kicking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clareabu

Trek 7.7 FX stolen today around 1:30pm outside the CHQ building (IFSC) in town. It's silver/grey and it was locked to the railing beside the Sean O'Casey bridge, directly across the road from the front entrance to the CHQ building. Probably no chance that it will show up but, just in case, please keep an eye out.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kendhor

Hi all, my Avocet Reflex Cotswold Trekking Men's, silver frame, was stolen last night in Pembroke Road, Dublin, just from the garden. The lock was a ****ty one which was cut easily, I learned my lesson. Please send me a pm if you find one like that on the second hand market.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smithy86

Hi all,

Long shot - my bike has been here less than two days and it has been stolen from the herbert park apartments Dublin 4!

It's a Specialized Langster single speed black frame with toe clip pedals, it has gatorskin tyres fitted and there was a small LED flasher attached to the front... If anyone sees this around it would be so greatly appreciated, I haven't even been able to ride it here.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭buffalo

Asked to post this on behalf of the guys in Joe Daly Cycles. They had a Trek Domane 5.2 stolen from the shop on Wed 4th June (stock photo below).

2014 model, 56cm, matt black frame, black handlebar tape, white Felt saddle, black Exustar pedals, Ultegra 11 speed groupset and 2 BBB carbon bottle cages.

It was being made up especially for a clubmate*, so would be great if it were retrieved.

311040.png

*I've checked his house, he doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

My mountainbike was stolen outside the Orchard Inn pub in Rathfarnham last night. It was locked to my mate's bike and bollard with a wire lock in front of the pub and off license entrance which is surrounded by CCTV. My bike was taken and mate's bike was left there. Of all places I didn't think it would be taken there. Please keep and eye out for it in for sale threads, it's a very distinctive bike, very few of these around. :(

Ibis Mojo SL Carbon

a7es_zps0c9634fc.jpg

ibis_zps92c6b5ee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

a wire lock

That doesn't sound good, whatever it is ? Very sorry this happened btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Nick from Belfield Office Park Clonskeagh , Beaver row this afternoon 12:47 to be precise from a colleage of mine - let me know if its spotted anywhere

only 6 days old:

311589.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Hi, my white (with some red and white) "Trek 2.3 alpha" bike was stolen from the St Lukes Hospital / Dublin 6 area between 9 and 10pm on Friday the 20th of June (2 days ago).

It was stolen with another bike (white Cube Outlander hybrid).

It is very distinctive due to the 64cm frame, suited for tall people. I dont think that there are many, if any, others of these 64cm white Trek 2.3 alpha bikes in Ireland (it was a special order).

I have attached a picture and contacted Rathmines Garda Station. I am really hopeful that it will turn up, and if anyone knows anything that might help me on my search, I would be ever so grateful if they could contact me.

Reward offered for either / both bikes.

ps if some kind person could embed the photo (thats beyond my abilities) I would be very grateful. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

bikefromboards.jpg

This is the bike above from lotmc.

Advertisement