Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

CatFromHue wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: Lets not advertise

Well if you're going to advertise its location in this way, perhaps it will appear here! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's exactly what I was doing...........

Or maybe pointing out that you need to lock your bike properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I know what you meant of course, but who knows who is reading this and they may just head over and snatch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chalkula

Hi,
    First time poster.
    Just had my (four month old) bike stolen from the back of the library in Tallaght today (bike rack just beside Captain America's). Would have been between 12:30-14:00 12th July 2014 (probably after 13:00 as there was another bike locked beside mine that got away)
    Silver Eurotrek Boss model fairly scuffed up.
    F**kers cut through the €50 cable lock-thoughtfully left me the remains and my helmet.

Anyone spot it can you send me a heads up

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: The person who locked it might not read boards but some scrote nearby might see this and pop over for a free bike, either way, feel free to point out the issues with the locking tactic and its stupidity but don't advertise exactly where it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭stevephoto

Black Mountain bike (high rear mud guard) stolen yesterday MONDAY 14th JULY outside Peters Pub between the hours of 8pm-9.30pm. Would love to have it back. If theres security cameras in the area is it worth reporting, or do people even bother contacting the Garda. Surely something can be done about this ongoing and expanding crime wave.

Where do all this bikes end up? Adverts.ie, Gumtree?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭stevephoto

14474432888_3e833181cf.jpg

Thats the make ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

Hi my bike was just stolen from Bluebell Industrial Estate. It's a Dolan Ares SL in an post colours. Ffwd F4r wheels, 3t rotunda handlebars, deda quarto 2 stem, white jagwire cabling, white look keo 2 max pedals, fizik bartape with logos, gp4000s ii tyres. I believe it was knacks that took it out of the office while dealing with a customer. Size 54 it's a pretty unique bike as I built it up myself so it'll really stand out if seen around. Really annoyed and any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bit of a 48 hour blitz by the scum it looks like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Hi,

2 bikes stolen from Glenalbyn Road in Stillorgan today between 7 and 3 pm

The first is a male Trek Cobia (Gary Fisher edition) 29er 2013 model. It is mainly white with black and red detailing. Below is a stock photo but mine had white flat pedals and a full SRAM X9 Chainset. 17.5 inch frame. Rock Shox Recon fork.

trek-cobia-2013-mountain-bike.jpg

The second is a womens Giant Tempt 2 27.5. It is grey and blue with an SLX chainset. It is a Large frame and has a Rock Shox XC30 fork

Tempt_2_charcoal.jpg

If you see anything I would appreciate the pm.
    THanks for reading.
    Sebcity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Morning boardsies, mrs bloggsie should me a post on facebook this morning by a bike shop in balbriggan (Tel: 01-8413597) about a spyder road bike that was left in for repairs, they have asked if anyone recognises it as it has been painted grey(originally blue & yellow).
    They are the only suppliers of the brand in Ireland, I am not certain why they believe it may have been stolen & I am not saying that it was, if this is of assistance to anyone who did have one pinched, then happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭wally79

sebcity wrote: »
    Hi,

2 bikes stolen from Glenalbyn Road in Stillorgan today between 7 and 3 pm

The first is a male Trek Cobia (Gary Fisher edition) 29er 2013 model. It is mainly white with black and red detailing. Below is a stock photo but mine had white flat pedals and a full SRAM X9 Chainset. 17.5 inch frame. Rock Shox Recon fork.

trek-cobia-2013-mountain-bike.jpg

The second is a womens Giant Tempt 2 27.5. It is grey and blue with an SLX chainset. It is a Large frame and has a Rock Shox XC30 fork

Tempt_2_charcoal.jpg

If you see anything I would appreciate the pm.
    THanks for reading.
    Sebcity

Good Luck with this seb

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gillielane

Hey,

I was advised to put a post of this thread after my bike was stolen. My bike was stolen from Deloitte office car park Hatch Street (near the National Concert Hall) yesterday, Wednesday 16th July 2014 at 13.46 exactly. I have seen CCTV footage of the guy walking into the car park and cycling my bike out. The bike was locked to the bike rack, but the lock obviously wasn't very good.

The bike is a Wilier Montegrappa Saro. It is white/red with a white bottle holder attached. There was also a small black saddle bag. I cannot post a picture because boards.ie won't let me as a new user.

<snip>

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭duffmann

For what it's worth..
    Trek 7300 bike stolen from outside Sinnotts bar (Stephens Green) on July 8th. Between 20:45 and 21:30 (during first half of Germany/Brazil). Sky blue/dark blue, hybrid bike.
    Somebody did leave a note in the lock to say that two gents in tracksuits and with a dog took it. I noticed that this is not the first time that a bike has been stolen in this area, around this time. Guessing that they are kicked out of the park at this time.
    As this is my first post, I cannot post up a picture but a google of "2009 trek 7300" should show it.
    Thanks for reading...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

gillielane wrote: »
    Hey,

I was advised to put a post of this thread after my bike was stolen. My bike was stolen from Deloitte office car park Hatch Street (near the National Concert Hall) yesterday, Wednesday 16th July 2014 at 13.46 exactly. I have seen CCTV footage of the guy walking into the car park and cycling my bike out. The bike was locked to the bike rack, but the lock obviously wasn't very good.

The bike is a Wilier Montegrappa Saro. It is white/red with a white bottle holder attached. There was also a small black saddle bag. I cannot post a picture because boards.ie won't let me as a new user.

The man who stole the bike was a tall skinny white male wearing a white t-shirt and white shorts / 3/4 lengths. He also wore a black old man cap and had a one shoulder brown/black satchel.

Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear that. I work in an office in that area and we have had bikes stolen from the underground carpark also.

What kind of lock did you have?

duffmann wrote: »
    For what it's worth..
    Trek 7300 bike stolen from outside Sinnotts bar (Stephens Green) on July 8th. Between 20:45 and 21:30 (during first half of Germany/Brazil). Sky blue/dark blue, hybrid bike.
    Somebody did leave a note in the lock to say that two gents in tracksuits and with a dog took it. I noticed that this is not the first time that a bike has been stolen in this area, around this time. Guessing that they are kicked out of the park at this time.
    As this is my first post, I cannot post up a picture but a google of "2009 trek 7300" should show it.
    Thanks for reading...
    as pretty new bike keep your eyes on the online selling sites looking for bikes going for unusally low prices!

sorry for your loss.

Quick question

If ones bike was stolen and one did manage to track it down and told the Gardai. Would one absolutely need the serial number in order to get it back?
    Would the rarity of the bike, an extremely accurate description, many photos, a pump that happens to fit millimeter perfect into the seat stay, a boxful of parts for the bike etc do?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Was it reported stolen when it was first nicked?

• Advertisement

any photo's of the owner on or with the bike may also be of assitance, purchase records too.

Was it reported stolen when it was first nicked?

Yes, I reported it on Tuesday and gave in photos of the bike too

Bloggsie wrote: »
    any photo's of the owner on or with the bike may also be of assitance, purchase records too.

I have the receipt alright

But was stupid and ignorant and never recorded the serial number.

not recodring serial number, thats not stupid or ignorant, if your car was stolen the recovery chances are probably less that getting a bike back, check with the point of purchase, they may have recorded your details & those for the bike in question.

good luck in getting it back.

Thanks.

I was on to the shop already, they said they don't record the serial numbers as their system is pretty old.
    I'll see how it plays out with the Gardai later

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Quick question
    If ones bike was stolen and one did manage to track it down and told the Gardai. Would one absolutely need the serial number in order to get it back?

My bike was stolen and I did track it down for sale in the Bike Yard on Parnell St (no libel - successfully prosecuted). I had recorded the serial number, and had already reported it stolen to the Guards. I also had photos of the actual bike and was able to point out unique features that still remained on the bike (a lot of stuff was ripped off).

The Garda who went in to reclaim it did want absolute confirmation that that was my bike - and I can understand his reason - he can't work off information that is not verifiable, and there are a lot of bikes that look the same.

My personal opinion is, if one didn't take the 2 minutes to photograph the serial number with their phone, then they are giving up 99% chance of reclaiming their property.
    Would the rarity of the bike, an extremely accurate description, many photos, a pump that happens to fit millimeter perfect into the seat stay, a boxful of parts for the bike etc do?

The photos maybe, the rest would not be proof of anything. Did you report the bike stolen at the time so there is a paper (pulse)-trail in place?

Best of luck.

Yes it was reported straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Macinerto

Hi everyone.
    My bike was stolen from Independent Newspapers, CityWest on Thursday 17th july at around 3.35 pm

It is a STEVENS Stelvio
    Full shimano 105 groupset
    White frame with blue and red pin striping.
    Easton wheels with Gatorskin tyres.
    STEVENS In big bold letters on the main diagonal tube.

I have never even seen another stevens bike. So they are not very common.

If anyone had seen one available for sale please pm me.
    If the bike is recovered as part of your tip off.
    I will reward you.

Thanks for looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomskis

Had my bike stolen from the garden shed in my house last night near Stillorgan. Specialized 2013 Rockhopper Pro.
    If anyone comes across it would be grateful for any info and will provide a reward.
    Thanks!
    Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eimz1809

tomskis wrote: »
    Had my bike stolen from the garden shed in my house last night near Stillorgan. Specialized 2013 Rockhopper Pro.
    If anyone comes across it would be grateful for any info and will provide a reward.
    Thanks!
    Tom

Do you have a pic? there is a red and black specialized for sale right now on Done Deal... i'm on the look out for mine, the tempt 2 mentioned above...

Advertisement