Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Update thread (1.8 Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Quick question folks. With all these new updates (I haven't played since christmas) can poorer graphics cards run this game above the lowest settings?

I currently have a intel GMA HD card.:( and an i3 processor. I had to play the game on the very lowest settings and even then it lagged. Any changes since then?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Jaafa wrote: »
    Quick question folks. With all these new updates (I haven't played since christmas) can poorer graphics cards run this game above the lowest settings?

I currently have a intel GMA HD card.:( and an i3 processor. I had to play the game on the very lowest settings and even then it lagged. Any changes since then?

Thanks.
    Try playing classic on the website. If you can't play that then you know you're screwed :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The game should be playable on the Intel HD. Try update your drivers here

EDIT: I'll be doing some benchmarking over the next few days with 5 different graphics cards and CPUs, Intel Hd is one of them of course :P The above drivers should help fix the stuttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

The game should be playable on the Intel HD. Try update your drivers here

EDIT: I'll be doing some benchmarking over the next few days with 5 different graphics cards and CPUs, Intel Hd is one of them of course :P The above drivers should help fix the stuttering.

As far as I know I have the latest drivers. I think I will wait for your benchmarks as I my laptop screen is cracked and I can't test it myself till I get my screen fixed. Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1.7 is being rolled out now. Boards server will stay on on 1.6.6 until 2 of the plugins are updated. Either that or run a backup server for a few days?

• Advertisement

1.7 is being rolled out now. Boards server will stay on on 1.6.6 until 2 of the plugins are updated. Either that or run a backup server for a few days?
    I say wait until the plugins are back.

Also, apparently a lot of game crashes in 1.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Cant even login to minecraft atm, made it in once and it wouldnt let me connect to server, closed tried again and now i cant get into the game at all, havent updated yet either

1.7_01 out already :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

I just updated. Does that mean I can't play on the server until it's also updated? The boards.ie server btw.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I just updated. Does that mean I can't play on the server until it's also updated? The boards.ie server btw.

Yes. There's probably a way to roll-back.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Yes. There's probably a way to roll-back.
    Check this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So i tried out the shears and noticed the leaf blocks you cut can be picked up like normal blocks now. But when you place them they disappear after a few seconds.

Why make them collectable if the blocks just disappear when they're placed?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

So i tried out the shears and noticed the leaf blocks you cut can be picked up like normal blocks now. But when you place them they disappear after a few seconds.

Why make them collectable if the blocks just disappear when they're placed?:confused:

They wont disappear if you attach them to trees/logs allowing you to make custom sized trees.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    They wont disappear if you attach them to trees/logs allowing you to make custom sized trees.
    Pretty much this. Leaves only stay when connected to a tree. That's why they disappear if you cut all the wood out :P

Colmo52 wrote: »

I know but we cant make hedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Put a piece of wood in the ground and then the leaves on top and it appears as a hedge would.

Sure you can. Just put wood as the floor underneath the hedge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Spent some time messing around with pistons in SP.

Quality's **** but hey, what can you do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've loads of wiring done up on the Boards server, just waiting for the update. Think I was a bit overly keen to use pistons. :D

Quazzie wrote: »
    Put a piece of wood in the ground and then the leaves on top and it appears as a hedge would.

Why does the obvious often escape me? :p

• Advertisement

Came up with the design of an AWESOME drawbridge :D

scaled.php?server=4&filename=20110630223610.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=69&filename=20110630223624.png&res=medium

Anyone who wants to see the mechanism just ask

humanji wrote: »
    I've loads of wiring done up on the Boards server, just waiting for the update. Think I was a bit overly keen to use pistons. :D

Notch is releasing 1.7.2 first then they're down to work on it (well they're already working on bukkit 1.7, but the current builds need a bit of tweaking.)

bukkit 1.7.2 is just about out...

No its not, its far from done. Won't be done til tonight at least.

http://t.co/LGu9vZg - I hope my server holds out from the bandwidth but this is #bukkit 1.7.2! @Craftbukkit

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Link?

Apparently Notch shared this via Google+.

pqYck.jpg

First glimpse of an NPC village perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Botulism wrote: »
    And who's that?

Official releases come from Bukkit, and now some guy who setup a Twitter a couple of weeks ago.. I would't trust a download from some random person

Advertisement