Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Update thread (1.8 Discussion)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Tallon wrote: »
    And who's that?

Official releases come from Bukkit, and now some guy who setup a Twitter a couple of weeks ago.. I would't trust a download from some random person
    He's a member of the bukkit dev team.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/members/dinnerbone.14/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Botulism wrote: »
    He's a member of the bukkit dev team.
    Where does it say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Tallon wrote: »
    oh, he's an admin?!

Keep scrolling down and he's in the bukkit team too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Apparently Notch shared this via Google+.

pqYck.jpg

First glimpse of an NPC village perhaps.

That would make sense for the adventure bit he was talking about. I think he is buying Millenaire from it's creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    That would make sense for the adventure bit he was talking about. I think he is buying Millenaire from it's creator.
    Huge mushrooms and NPC villages. Yup, 1.8 is going to be awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I see mossy cobblestone in those houses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

Crow92 wrote: »
    I see mossy cobblestone in those houses :D

thatd get u run out of town lol, same as sleeping with the farmers daughter. angry mob of npcs with pitchforks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

wires wrote: »
    thatd get u run out of town lol, same as sleeping with the farmers daughter. angry mob of npcs with pitchforks
    200px-Crushinator.jpg
    Yoo.
    Hoo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Notch talking about 1.8.
    Most of the basics of the game engine is in place, so it’s time to flesh this game out into something more gamey. More content, more exploration, more things to do, and interesting combat! Once this update is out, there will only some tweaks, optimizations and code cleanups left to the core game before we can call it a full release.

We’ve got a list of some 40+ things we want to add to the game, some small, some big. Some huge. We’ve finished a fair number of the items, but there’s still a significant amount of work left. While I can’t reveal the date yet for various reasons, we do have a release date for the Adventure Update in mind, and we’re hoping we’ll be able to hit it.

Jens and I are keeping the exact contents of the update secret, but we do leak some information every now and then to keep people interested and to stop us from going insane. For the most immediate spoilers, you can follow us on Twitter (@notch and @jeb_), or on Google+ (+Markus Persson and +Jens Bergensten).

Here are a few of the things we’ve revealed so far:

NPC villages
    Randomly generated dungeons
    New biome code
    Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)
    Critical hits
    Sprinting
    More farming options

As soon as I can reveal the release date we’re aiming for, I will!

Oh, and the modding support is happening, honest.

Sounds excellent to me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Botulism wrote: »

Hahah I love all the suggestions that people are giving for the disadvantage of sprinting.

You have the obvious ones like "a stamina bar", but I saw another guy who suggested that "you catch fire when you sprint".

Hahahahah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes.

- Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons
    - Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons
    - Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign
    - Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything
    - Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source
    - Pistons connected to the end of a piston-transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out
    - Doors no longer create purple particles
    - Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer
    - Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The adventure update seems ready to go, as he's tweeted its at the Mojang booth at PAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That PAX event is over a month away unfortunately so probably wont be released til september.:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Original post updated with delicious details about 1.8

Advertisement