Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Update thread (1.8 Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Those pistons are insane, cant wait to try them out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tankran wrote: »
    i like! sticky pistons ftw, opening mountain face lair anyone? :P

It would be feckin awesome to flick a switch and see some words... nay, a face, suddenly get carved out of the mountains!

The next tricky question is... when? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I giggled like a school girl when I saw the secret entrance bit of their video.

I heard that they are also developing an opposite to the nether. Its going to be in the clouds, possibly with the fairy plugin that was developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd like to see the goo used as a kind of concrete, you could lift a couple of blocks with one piston.
    163311.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'd like to see the goo used as a kind of concrete, you could lift a couple of blocks with one piston.
    163311.png

Probably would mean making a goo block instead of something you can just applay to any block you want

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I heard that they are also developing an opposite to the nether. Its going to be in the clouds, possibly with the fairy plugin that was developed.
    I think they've put that idea on hold as it had problems they didn't have time to deal with.

humanji wrote: »
    I think they've put that idea on hold as it had problems they didn't have time to deal with.

Found this link there, just a few minutes ago.
    According to this guy... It's already in the game. There just isn't a way of getting to it yet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2SZ7QgMdU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dunno why but the opening of Half life came into my head.On the train/minecart and you come to a point and the door just opens :D.Gonna be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

freaking love it. mostly becouse you can do some bigger doors then 2x1 now. which are **** if you try doing mantion or castle!

i guess it will be ready by next e3 ;)

• Advertisement

Would you think it would be possible for it to work with a railway? Will a block with a track on it work? Would that be movable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Would you think it would be possible for it to work with a railway? Will a block with a track on it work? Would that be movable?
    The pistons mod does anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Underground caverns are coming :D

YNhtV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Yayhh caverns to fall into and die :D

Im like skylands alot, cant wait till they add mobs and make it offical :)
    Just added it to the test server :D

https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/84964200170000384
    Notch wrote:
    1.7 is still nowhere near done. If people want, we could do a piston-only release and push the adventure stuff up to the next update

https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/84966257421598720
    Notch wrote:
    I see about 90% "yes" replies. No promises, but I'll discuss it with Jens tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Ive been holding back on building stuff coz im waiting for the pistons to come out. Really hope they push it forward so i can stick in some secret mountain entrances.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Saviola wrote: »
    Ive been holding back on building stuff coz im waiting for the pistons to come out. Really hope they push it forward so i can stick in some secret mountain entrances.

Aye same here, sort of :P My house on the boards server will be piston operated, it'll be a small block shape and with the flick of a switch it'll be a hut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

I have a suspicion the dragon will be alot more realistic if we get pistons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

I cant wait to hollow out a mountain and create a batcave. None of you will know where it is muhahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

slime is about to become the most in demand item in the game

• Advertisement

Notch wrote:
    New blog post: http://t.co/DLQbctb ! TL;DR: 1.7 this with with ONLY pistons. 1.8 in "a long time" with lots of cool adventure stuff.

https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/85284769608372225

yaaaaay :)

After 1.8, we’ll have to start crunching for the full release in November. That includes finishing up the mod api, improving stability and performance, adding supporting features like friends lists and a proper server browser, integrating singleplayer and multiplayer, and most importantly fleshing out the gameplay.

Really happy about the above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Notch just tweeted that 1.7 is coming this week. The pistons will soon be ours.:D

Notch just tweeted that 1.7 is coming this week. The pistons will soon be ours.:D
    I just said that above :p

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Tankran wrote: »
    slime is about to become the most in demand item in the game

A shame that my slime farm has so far failed to produce anything...

Thursday

That is one of the best mods I've ever seen. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That is one of the best mods I've ever seen. Period.

+1

he just should go to this lad, take his source, pay him money, then just put all in to mc 1.7. done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

+1

he just should go to this lad, take his source, pay him money, then just put all in to mc 1.7. done!
    1.7 is a bit early :P
    Sure the pistons were originally a mod that are now coming in, so if something's good enough then we can all cross our fingers and spam notch to put it in :D

Advertisement