Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Update thread (1.8 Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Well, this may take some time to iron out everything.
    Still, I expect 1.5_01 in about a week. Usually they patch things like this pretty quickly. That or another no-version update. Hopefully done by then, but I'd say about two weeks for everything, including mods and plugins, to be running as usual.

Just some late night speculations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

When it rains the mobs stay out during the day as the clouds block the sun :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Well, this may take some time to iron out everything.
    Still, I expect 1.5_01 in about a week. Usually they patch things like this pretty quickly. That or another no-version update. Hopefully done by then, but I'd say about two weeks for everything, including mods and plugins, to be running as usual.

Just some late night speculations :P

Apparently its out already.

Edit: ''Minecraft server beta 1.5_02 is out. A last minute tweak caused the biiig bug in 1.5_01, sorry.''

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Apparently its out already.

Edit: ''Minecraft server beta 1.5_02 is out. A last minute tweak caused the biiig bug in 1.5_01, sorry.''
    Oh wow, time to look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Oh wow, time to look into this.
    1.5_01 is out, BUT the post above is about the SERVER edition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bukkit devs are cracking on now as I speak. Hopefully they'll have a stable one within the next 24 hours

Bukkit devs are cracking on now as I speak. Hopefully they'll have a stable one within the next 24 hours
    Can we not go looting like the last time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1.6 is out this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

1.6 is out this week!
    Just read up on it now. Apparently only one new feature, but it's and automap! Looks pretty cool if this is a genuine pic:

160116.png

It is yeah, has to made out of paper obviously :P

There's also supposedly proper pistons, skyworld and something else he hasn't revealed yet, as well as network and bug fixes. Also the nether will be 100% fixed for multiplayer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Trapdoors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think Notch mentioned trying the Skyworld in his twitter but i didnt work very well so maybe that mightnt be included.

Looks like it'll be released Wednesday or Thursday.

humanji wrote: »
    Just read up on it now. Apparently only one new feature, but it's and automap! Looks pretty cool if this is a genuine pic:

160116.png
    You forget these?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    They could have gotten in by breaking that block in the first picture.

Nah, coz almost every door is locked and he got in serveral places
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Yeah, someone dug down in my chapel building in Cherrytown too, and broke up one of my library blocks in the town at spawn. I know it's nothing major, but if it's not griefing either put up a notice saying sorry, or replace it.

(Ps, what texture mod is that, Xenon?)

Its LB Photo Realism

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

1.6 is out this week!

Looks like a good patch...

• Trapdoors (If that is what he means by "Hatches")
    • Long grass (no longer able to get seeds from hoeing grass have to go through the long grass) (PS I hope that means Pokemon lol)
    • Map
    • Nether for Multiplayer
    I guess I need to save my minecraft.jar file for 1.5 now so that I won't be left waiting for the updates.

Moved posts. :)

Some network fixes in the patch too so fingers crossed the lag issues will be reduced/fixed

It'll be great to have the Nether active now as well. Maybe we can attempt to build a little town in there though the ghasts might make that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

It'll be great to have the Nether active now as well. Maybe we can attempt to build a little town in there though the ghasts might make that difficult.

Maybe not a town but a fortress! :D

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Maybe not a town but a fortress! :D

Sounds like a great team build :P

Will the towny mod be implemented after this update?

It's on hold at the moment but if it is because of the server instability stuff, but from what the patch notes say it seems Notch has fixed it somewhat. So yeah, I hope it will :P

1.6 is out now for those who want to give it a whirl.

Edit: and almost immediately, 1.6.2 is out.

And it's crashing every couple of minutes. Not even freezing, just quitting completely. People may want to wait for a few more updates to it before updating.

Right, at this stage I'm willing to call it a buggy mess. It crashes all the time, you get moments when every block except lava disappears, there's a strange bug where you use planks to fuel a furnace but the planks never run out (this ones actually quite handy), and the lights keep going out.

Cheers Humanji, I'll keep the server running on 1.5 in that case. Was going to run it in Vanilla 1.6 but don't see any point if it just keeps crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, 1.6.2 seems pretty buggy. I found myself trying to swap out an old pickaxe for a new one and when I clicked on the new pickaxe, the old one disappeared.

I also found that by right-clicking a single iron block into a furnace, it would create a new iron block in the furnance and leave the one I have "grabbed". I can create an infinite number of iron blocks (keep right-clicking). I have 400 of them smelting right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Won't my client update as soon as I log in?
    Won't that stop me from playing one the 1.5 server?

I've noticed that sometimes if you left click a group of ore blocks, all but one disappear. It's a pain in the hoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

humanji wrote: »
    I've noticed that sometimes if you left click a group of ore blocks, all but one disappear. It's a pain in the hoop!
    Kepp right-clicking and you should be able to create as many block as you want. Or with furnace:

Stick a single coal block in the bottom row. Take a single block of anything which you can use in the furnace, and right-click, then again, and again, and again. And you can keep creating them to your heart's desire. Got a few hundred gold blocks smelting now, this'll make mining for diamond much easier. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so how do you make the maps and trap doors? whatsthe receipe?

Advertisement