Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I live in a small Canadian city and get a lot of hits, maybe its just more popular here? Go to a descent size university where I get a good few hits, and quite often walking around the mall too. I only got my 3DS a little before I left Ireland but had barely got any there and seems from this thread hits aren't too common except for on whatever route Wampyrus takes everyday. He should post it.

It does change your life. If I go out and forget my 3DS I get really sad about the opportunities I might miss and the coins I could have gotten... I worry about myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

robman60 wrote: »
    Tokyo is reputed to be a Streetpass haven, I saw a video where a guy got 17 hits within a couple of hours, and that was made in mid-2011.

I was there around that time, 17 hits in hour would be on the lower end of things from my experience! Wandering around Akihabara you get insane amounts of hits. One of the Mii's I encountered there had either 10000+ hits or Miis in their plaza...will check later.

ghostchant wrote: »
    I was there around that time, 17 hits in hour would be on the lower end of things from my experience! Wandering around Akihabara you get insane amounts of hits. One of the Mii's I encountered there had either 10000+ hits or Miis in their plaza...will check later.

I am seething with jealousy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Met you again Robman! thanks for the puzzle piece! I rated you fantastic, so next time our paths cross you'll receive it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Met you again Robman! thanks for the puzzle piece! I rated you fantastic, so next time our paths cross you'll receive it. ;)
    No problem haha! I also rated you fantastic, so you may well be my first fantastic rating.

I'm pretty sure I was near the Occupy camp or walking through TK Maxx at the time we met. Would this location sound about right?

I've been quite lucky with Streetpasses the last few days. Met one while at hurling training on Wednesday, which was my first in Westport in months, and another at Supermac's Ballinrobe yesterday.

I got four within two hours in Galway today, including you Wolverine359. I took a detour off Main Street hoping to meet Apoc and HMV but I didn't get anything there unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I'm a little concerned that a small green light causes me to be overcome with excitement, but such is the life I suppose. :P:o

@Everyone: Is there a globe icon in your Mii Plaza which shows the location of regions that you've met people from? Similar to 0:30 in this vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3nAo_YN7BA

• Advertisement

No problem haha! I also rated you fantastic, so you may well be my first fantastic rating.

I'm pretty sure I was near the Occupy camp or walking through TK Maxx at the time we met. Would this location sound about right?

I did cycle past there but it was after 4:30 or something, was that around the time we streetpassed?

I did cycle past there but it was after 4:30 or something, was that around the time we streetpassed?
    No, we Streetpassed at 2:15. Where were you around that time?

No, we Streetpassed at 2:15. Where were you around that time?

Oh right, I think I was in HMV around then, I remember checking my 3ds after walking out and seeing the green light. Was in GameStop shortly before that. Actually I haven't got any HMV/Apoc hits in ages.

It must have been in Gamestop then. I had been in HMV at about 1:50, and then went to Gamestop before going back towards the Headford Road shopping centre. There's a good chance we were actually in Gamestop at the same time as I was there for fifteen minutes or so.

The shop was pretty crammed when I was there so I can't say I saw anyone matching your Mii.

It must have been in Gamestop then. I had been in HMV at about 1:50, and then went to Gamestop before going back towards the Headford Road shopping centre. There's a good chance we were actually in Gamestop at the same time as I was there for fifteen minutes or so.

The shop was pretty crammed when I was there so I can't say I saw anyone matching your Mii.

Yeah it was probably GameStop so, got a green light straight after I left, must have been you. We probably passed right by each other in there, so funny. :) My hair is always changing and grew a bit since the last time I edited my Mii so it might be hard to recognize me, it's a bit messy and all over the place right now, but usually I try to spike it up, until it's too long and I settle for a fringe-look. I had a leather jacket and rust-coloured chinos on. :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh, and I don't wear a panda hat in reality. :D

Yeah it was probably GameStop so, got a green light straight after I left, must have been you. We probably passed right by each other in there, so funny. :) My hair is always changing and grew a bit since the last time I edited my Mii so it might be hard to recognize me, it's a bit messy and all over the place right now, but usually I try to spike it up, until it's too long and I settle for a fringe-look. I had a leather jacket and rust-coloured chinos on. :pac:
    Were you wearing black converse too? If you were I'm 100% sure you were beside me in Smyths at ~2:50! eek.gif

I actually thought the guy looked like your Mii and we were both looking at Nintendo games. I believe the guy also had a satchel.

I was wearing black runners with dark jeans and a black zip up top. My hair is a browny-red colour. I look 15-17 age-wise.

Flip I can't really remember, but yeah I think I was in smyths that time too, probably me, I had leather converse and a rucksack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

First trip to Dublin with my 3DS = success!

Don't think i got one from my laps of Gamestop and HMV weirdly enough though...
    both had mii/mario kart passes :D
    lauri~ - recent game = minish cap, ...and than damo, recent game = mario kart 7,
    street pass hits/plaza population for each: 343/84 276/187
    both beating my 7 street pass hits quite a bit :pac: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Was in Galway and Limerick city the last couple of days. Completely forgot to bring my 3ds with me :rolleyes:

Was in Galway and Limerick city the last couple of days. Completely forgot to bring my 3ds with me :rolleyes:

Galway is an absolute gold mine for streetpass hits, I'm meeting new people every day! Make sure to remember it next time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

yesterday i got 4 street pass hits and 187 MII in the PLaza including Iwata MII, donkey kong country returns panel completed, new super mario bros panel completed, Legend of Zelda ocarina of time panel Completed, pikmin panel Completed, Link panel Completed, mario, luigi and bowser panel Completed, kirby panel Completed, super mario galaxy 2 panel Completed, Samus Aran panel Completed,

^same here, completed all those puzzles.

I completed a 2000 piece jigsaw once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I use mine for gaming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

efla wrote: »
    I use mine for gaming

L0ser n00b

StreetPass is the business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

yesterday i got 6 street pass hits, in total amount is 283 street pass hits and 199 MII in the PLaza

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Last night my 18month old daughter cried when I told her I got no streepass hits yesterday. I tried to explain it was due to playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon but she wouldn't listen.

What will I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How attached to her are you and what age are you and your partner? Is it too late to start again and raise a new child that understands Nintendo fundamentals from day one?

Don't hang on to a dud!

(blows the mighty Horn of Balathor)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Last night my 18month old daughter cried when I told her I got no streepass hits yesterday. I tried to explain it was due to playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon but she wouldn't listen.

What will I do?

I'm afraid you will need to purchase a DS for her to ensure daily hits. You should also look into enrolling her in some sort of special technology preschool - no time to wait for formal education, she must learn the rudiments of operating handheld devices and basic computing.

Fire emblem might be pushing it however, better to start her on advance wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    What will I do?

Lie....plain and simple.

"I got a streetpass from Santa!"

Cue cuteness and eventual teenage resentment.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Decided to bring my 3DS to Dublin on Sunday (was seeing the Used)
    Met some guy from New York, 2 from Dublin + someone with no location :cool:

Also got the bassist + singer of The Used when i met them :P So jealous they were playing Kid Icarus recently though, i don't have it yet :pac:
    Not a bad result at all. :D

I was inb Dublin yesterday and today but only managed two streetpasses excluding my friend. It was pretty disappointing seeing as we spent the entire day yesterday in busy parts of the city. It's also interesting that neither of the hits were before 4pm, even though I was probably in the busiest parts of the city between 11am and 2pm.

The weird thing, however, is that when we arrived back at the hotel we saw that each of us had met two different people. Makes no sense seeing as we were literally side by side for the whole time. The only explanation we could think of was that each system can only exchange data with one other system during a ~5 second window, meaning the other was out of range by the time the first streetpass had taken place.

Also, I left my charger in the hotel. :(:rolleyes:

Got a bunch of Streetpasses in Paris during the week.

I met Miis from France, Spain, Netherlands, Japan, Austria, UK, and Denmark!

One of the Japanese Miis I met had over 3000 Streetpass hits, and almost all puzzle pieces.

I'll probably be around some shops in Galway tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some more hits there too.

• Advertisement

I streetpassed someone from the Limousin region yesterday (and got the 30 regions accomplishment), realized its where limousine derived its name from. :)

Advertisement