Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

[Jackass] wrote: »
    these big signings for Connacht would pay for themselves if they can get into the Champions Cup.

PLEASE don't call it that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Winters wrote: »
    PLEASE don't call it that! :)

That's... what it's called.

Unless you want to use the full title of European Rugby Champions Cup, which is a bit of a mouthful, IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It will be the erc cup to me ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It will be the erc cup to me ;)

I hope to God Heineken come on board as a sponsor and we don't have to call it anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lopez to Clermont has been confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Lopez to Clermont has been confirmed.

The Toulon talk didn't last too long then. Clermont need a new out-half, James just isn't reliable enough and Lopez has a lot of potential so this is a good deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Zzippy wrote: »
    I hope to God Heineken come on board as a sponsor and we don't have to call it anything else

Literally my biggest worry in this ordeal :P Also the fact I enjoy pints of Heineken & not the ****e Carlsberg stuff they feed us at home Rabbo games in the RDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Literally my biggest worry in this ordeal :P Also the fact I enjoy pints of Heineken & not the ****e Carlsberg stuff they feed us at home Rabbo games in the RDS

That's like saying, I enjoy someone rubbing a cheese grater off my sack, but I don't like someone using sandpaper.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think there's going to be a main sponsor for the new European Cup. From memory I thought they were saying they'd go with a few smaller sponsors than one big one so the Cup won't be the "XXXX Cup" but the European Cup sponsored by XXXX and XXXX like it is for the Champions League.

Darcy quoted today as saying the Douglas deal may scupper their attempts at a NIQ centre
    Surely this farcical rule/guideline has been binned now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Anyone know who Paddy McAllister signed for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

mogwai81 wrote: »

Aurillac.

mogwai81 wrote: »

Aurillac in the ProD2

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Darcy quoted today as saying the Douglas deal may scupper their attempts at a NIQ centre
    Surely this farcical rule/guideline has been binned now?

How would it effect it anyhow?

.ak wrote: »
    How would it effect it anyhow?

No idea, perhaps he believes that the Douglas signing would be a trade off ala Botha for Munster having to let duPreez go? Maybe there are other deals being done that fill Leinsters NIQ quota & they can't sign a center. I just thought the comment was unusual & wondered if anyone had more info

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Unless the goal is to get the big provinces down to 3+1 for next season, in which case Douglas Gopperth Kirchener and Roux would be it.

Interestingly Munster and Ulster would fit in with 3+1 for next season at the moment.

Pedrie Wannenburg is gone to Oyonnax after two years at Castres where he didn't make an impression.

Amorisino is leaving Oyonnax after finishing his medical joker contract. It's mad to see how his career has suddenly gone downhill, in 2012 he was one of the best back three players in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Amorisino is leaving Oyonnax after finishing his medical joker contract. It's mad to see how his career has suddenly gone downhill, in 2012 he was one of the best back three players in the world.

Was he? I've always really liked him & he had a good year in 2012 but one of the best in the world...bit much surely considering he was not even a guaranteed starter for Argentina! Lovely runner but little in defence must be said, almost a Poitrenaud style careless/carefree player so always a straight hit or miss

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Unless the goal is to get the big provinces down to 3+1 for next season, in which case Douglas Gopperth Kirchener and Roux would be it.

Interestingly Munster and Ulster would fit in with 3+1 for next season at the moment.

Would make sense to the Michael Collins rumours then.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Michael Collins is Irish qualified, you'd have to think that both Leinster and Munster have approached him. They are both going to have midfield issues in the short and long term (Munster's new signing is only on a 1 year deal) so a decent, 20 year old guy who can play both 12 and 13 would almost certainly demand attention from both.

Given that Lenihan stated that both Leinster and Munster talked with Aki, it's almost a certainty that there are further signings on the way.

• Advertisement

Love to see Fekitoa at Leinster!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Love to see Fekitoa at Leinster!!!

But think of the children your beloved Highlanders sydthebeat...

...not to mention that lovely little team in black jerseys...

Swiwi. wrote: »
    But think of the children your beloved Highlanders sydthebeat...

...not to mention that lovely little team in black jerseys...

Im think of my more beloved blue jersey celtic team ;)

And to be honest id be very surprised if fekitoa doesnt get a run out against england in autumn. he certainly deserves it on this seasons form so far.

And to be honest id be very surprised if fekitoa doesnt get a run out against england in autumn. he certainly deserves it on this seasons form so far.

The murmurings are that he has been annointed as Conrad Smith Mk II. Barring injury, I expect him to be named in the 31 man squad, but probably see little game time. I expect he will be offered a contract up to end 2017. However, I never underestimate big spending clubs like Toulon, Racing and Connacht, so until I read he has signed I won't get too excited. He stands to do better in the long-run by becoming a succcessful AB, where his negotiating power would be higher, both with the NZRFU and with your pick of NH/Japanese teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The murmurings are that he has been annointed as Conrad Smith Mk II. Barring injury, I expect him to be named in the 31 man squad, but probably see little game time. I expect he will be offered a contract up to end 2017. However, I never underestimate big spending clubs like Toulon, Racing and Connacht, so until I read he has signed I won't get too excited. He stands to do better in the long-run by becoming a succcessful AB, where his negotiating power would be higher, both with the NZRFU and with your pick of NH/Japanese teams.

Ah yes Connacht the true monetary super power :) :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Ya i'd imagine he would get a shot against them. Unlike last season there hasn't been many standout players in SXV that you'd say 'he'll definitely get capped' like Luatua, Saili, Halai and Piutau last season. Fekitoa and Moala have been the 2 uncapped players (and possibly Tuipoluitu - Blues 2nd Row) to really stake a claim. Fekitoa's value would quadruple should he get more than 1 cap and given his age profile and performances he'll be draped in black for years to come. A future backline of 9.Smith (Perenara), 10.Cruden, 11.Savea, 12.Crotty (Saili/Taylor), 13.Fekitoa, 14.Halai, 15.Piutau! Given how good these guys are now one could only imagine how good they will get with exerience! Terrifying stuff

Ya i'd imagine he would get a shot against them. Unlike last season there hasn't been many standout players in SXV that you'd say 'he'll definitely get capped' like Luatua, Saili, Halai and Piutau last season. Fekitoa and Moala have been the 2 uncapped players (and possibly Tuipoluitu - Blues 2nd Row) to really stake a claim. Fekitoa's value would quadruple should he get more than 1 cap and given his age profile and performances he'll be draped in black for years to come. A future backline of 9.Smith (Perenara), 10.Cruden, 11.Savea, 12.Crotty (Saili/Taylor), 13.Fekitoa, 14.Halai, 15.Piutau! Given how good these guys are now one could only imagine how good they will get with exerience! Terrifying stuff

Ben Smith would like a quiet word NPTV...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Ben Smith would like a quiet word NPTV...

Ah jaysus! THERE JusT TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!

Bordeaux confirm the signature of Sofiane Guitoune. It's such a shame they won't be in the ERCC next year as they play a fantastic brand of rugby and will have two of the most potent wingers in France in Talebula and Guitoune himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Johnathan Davies to Clermont went completely over my head, don't remember hearing about that. Played his last game for Scarlets tonight.

Advertisement