Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

G-Money wrote: »
    Ah ok, I must have confused you with someone else or misread a previous post. I thought you had got tickets or some other event like netball or boxing or something.

With a bit of luck we'll both be in that 20,000 list.

Netball???? It's only fair to leave that one for the real fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Interesting;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17206947

I wouldn't mind queueing overnight if i knew for sure i'd get them. I imagine the queue's will be insane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I take it you have a tent, sleeping bag and flask of hot chocolate ready to grab at a moments notice so you can make the front of the queue when they announce this so you can go and buy Boardsies tickets?

robinph wrote: »
    I take it you have a tent, sleeping bag and flask of hot chocolate ready to grab at a moments notice so you can make the front of the queue when they announce this so you can go and buy Boardsies tickets?

As long as i have a rough idea of how many tickets are up for sale yeah i'm willing to camp out. June or July would be fine but one night max, i'm not that desperate for them!!

How painful would it be though if all the athletics tickets were gone when you got to the window :rolleyes:

There would be a staying up all night tax put on any tickets i get for other people of course ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you were to be at the front of the queue and there were reasonably priced tickets going to be available for the athletics then I'd drive over and work shifts with you to save our space in the queue. £2012 is not a reasonable price though.

• Advertisement

If you were to be at the front of the queue and there were reasonably priced tickets going to be available for the athletics then I'd drive over and work shifts with you to save our space in the queue. £2012 is not a reasonable price though.

Could be a plan alright. Yeah £200 max per evening session of athletics. A lot will depend on the amount of tickets each person can buy.

You can take the night shift, i'll have the day shift :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Interesting;

I wouldn't mind queueing overnight if i knew for sure i'd get them. I imagine the queue's will be insane.

You HAVE to do it. I'll buy you a keg or something as reward. :D

04072511 wrote: »
    You HAVE to do it. I'll pay for your ticket, as well as mine as a reward. :D

FYP, thats more like it ;)

Interesting;

3 days of queuing would be a good estimate. It would have to be a Ticketmaster centralized system, cos all booths would have to have access to the same tickets. Might be smaller queues (2 days!) if any outside of London. What a mess.

Could be a plan alright. Yeah £200 max per evening session of athletics. A lot will depend on the amount of tickets each person can buy.

You can take the night shift, i'll have the day shift :p

Blouses. I have lots of experience of doing the day and night, and the day again shifts combined. I'll sponsor you, give tips, and provide 'LIVE Boards' encouragement if you get me a ticket?

• Advertisement

You HAVE to do it. I'll buy you a keg or something as reward. :D

A keg* each for me and brianderunner for each night and we should make it through the ordeal.

Won't give a crap about tickets by the time they open to sell them, but will have been a fun queue in the mean time. :D

*I mean proper sized kegs full of proper beer, none of these mini larger ones you can get in the supermarket. ;)

I queued 18 hours for U2 tickets a few years ago. Most people thought I was mad, but it was actually a lot of fun. We just drank and sang U2 songs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭daisy100

Hi

Need some advice, did not apply for olympic tickets last year, then a few weeks ago was messing around on the official olympic website and navigated to TGH Sports website, jjust chanced my arm and sent in a request for tickets for athletics. Then a week ago got a reply back asking which events i was interested in, i said well whatever is available, didn't hear anything back until this afternoon and was then offered Athletics AT003 category A , @ £180 each. This appears to be for the 4th August.
    Now please excuse my naeivety but is this legit ?, i honestly thought all athletic tickets would be like gold dust at this stage.

Any ideas what to do next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Getoffmytrain

That's a morning session, you'd probably see a few Irish athletes but not much else worthwhile. Face value is £150 for category A.

Mens 100m: classification heats, round 1.
    Mens 400m: round 1.
    Womens 3000m Steeplechase: round 1.
    Womens Pole Vault: qualifying.
    Womens Heptathlon: long jump, javelin

daisy100 wrote: »
    Hi

Need some advice, did not apply for olympic tickets last year, then a few weeks ago was messing around on the official olympic website and navigated to TGH Sports website, jjust chanced my arm and sent in a request for tickets for athletics. Then a week ago got a reply back asking which events i was interested in, i said well whatever is available, didn't hear anything back until this afternoon and was then offered Athletics AT003 category A , @ £180 each. This appears to be for the 4th August.
    Now please excuse my naeivety but is this legit ?, i honestly thought all athletic tickets would be like gold dust at this stage.

Do you want to be at these events?
    Do you want see a morning session?
    Do you want to pay a hefty service charge?
    Do you want to go to The Olympics?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hi

Could be dodgy. There are loads of sites saying they have tickets but you couldn't be sure of them. I would say wait until the tickets are released and you might see a few on the likes of ebay then.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Hi

Could be dodgy. There are loads of sites saying they have tickets but you couldn't be sure of them. I would say wait until the tickets are released and you might see a few on the likes of ebay then.
    The person whose card bought the tickets will probably have to be present I think I remember them saying.

The person whose card bought the tickets will probably have to be present I think I remember them saying.

I cant wait to see how they are going to enforce this. :rolleyes:

I cant wait to see how they are going to enforce this. :rolleyes:
    The only way to buy tickets was with a Visa card. The only way to buy stuff at the Olympics is with a Visa card or cash. Just ask to see a card with the same surname on it.

The only way to buy tickets was with a Visa card. The only way to buy stuff at the Olympics is with a Visa card or cash. Just ask to see a card with the same surname on it.

Will they really be checking 80,000 credit cards each evening! The queues to get in will be a tad slow :)

• Advertisement

Nonscence. That couldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

When in April are the tickets going on sale again?

Rocko wrote: »
    When in April are the tickets going on sale again?

Seems to be a secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sounds like a bit of a farce. I mean, what the f*** does the Mayor of London election got to do with it? I suppose the next thing will be the weather isn't right!

G-Money wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of a farce. I mean, what the f*** does the Mayor of London election got to do with it? I suppose the next thing will be the weather isn't right!

Presumably/clearly, Londoners/voters won't be able to concentrate on electoral candidates/issues whilst simulanteously concentrating on tickets for women's beach volleyball?

Thou, London2012 organisers aren't the only ones making a hames of it.....
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/olympic-gymnast-had-to-take-three-18hour-journeys-after-visa-blunder-3073376.html

For those of you who haven't seen the new series of 'Twenty Twelve', it's on BBC2 tonight at 10pm and it's hilarious! Tonight's is the 2nd part of last week's dilemma.............you can get part one on the BBC iPlayer, can't seem to find another way?

"Comedy following the 2012 Olympics delivery team. The Algerians issue a deadline of midnight to their demand for the toilets, in a Shared Belief Centre, to face Mecca; While France also threaten boycott, if the British rebuild it, so that the toilets do face Mecca". (30 minutes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wish they would just put this 2nd batch of tickets on sale already FFS! I still need to book flights and if I get tickets I will need to change my accommodation plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Seriously people... just train really hard and qualify!

Simples!

Ha. I had applied in the ballot like every other mug. Fingers crossed il get something in the last allocation.

My coach applied for every athletics session and just got one, the first evening session.

Advertisement