Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

On my phone trying to get it to work, almost had some but was missing some checkbox that didnt show the error too well on the phone.
    When I checed the box it had timed out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just got 4 tickets for the athletics evening session on Tuesday the 7th. :D:D:D

I'm getting sick of this Forbidden error message.

Can't see if request fails, remove from cart if it does so I can try another session.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

If anyone able to get two extra tickets for the athletics on august 10th i would be extremely grateful and would cover all costs etc..please please please

At f***ing last, managed to get 2 tickets to August 7th evening.

Damn that ticket site & its failure to process a simple click without showing forbidden & damn Bank of Ireland again for throwing this extra security window into the mix to frustrate me even more in getting it to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

robinph wrote: »

What are you drinking? :);)

So seems like everyone here is getting athletics tickets. Really wish we didnt get those damn womens boxing semi final tickets now, as it ruled us out of being able to get any athletics tickets here *sigh* :(

If she fails to qualify this week, I'll be doubly pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

G-Money wrote: »
    No problems here so far, am logged in.

What did you get??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

At f***ing last, managed to get 2 tickets to August 7th evening.

Damn that ticket site & its failure to process a simple click without showing forbidden & damn Bank of Ireland again for throwing this extra security window into the mix to frustrate me even more in getting it to go through.
    Had a bit of trouble with the visa verification step myself as well. It timed out on me on my first attempt to remember the code, but I was quick enough to go back through the steps to get the same tickets I'd selected back again. Very happy with my selection of tickets now, 5 different events and 6 sessions for me through the two weeks. Going to get through a lot of petrol driving back and forth to London now.

04072511 wrote: »
    robinph wrote: »

What are you drinking? :);)
    I'll have a pint of McDonalds Olympic beer please. :)

The brother was a bit taken a back by how much of his money I just spent, but think he now accepts that this is a once off chance to go to a home olympics, even if he is flying transatlantic to get to it, so a couple of hundred on tickets isn't that big a deal. If I end up with a spare I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

What did you get??

Sat 11th - Mens 5000m final

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great stuff, same night as myself :D Thats the best night. I'm up in the nosebleed section but happy to be there.

Great stuff, same night as myself :D Thats the best night. I'm up in the nosebleed section but happy to be there.

I'd sell the popcorn and Coke in that bleedin' section to go to this. Hell, I'd even sell myself :eek:

I genuinelly feel like the only athletics fan on earth without a ticket at this stage.

Well done to everyone who got them.

I genuinelly feel like the only athletics fan on earth without a ticket at this stage.

Well done to everyone who got them.

Your not alone!!! But its great to hear so many Irish fans have got tickets. But there still might be hope for us... finger's crossed

Your not alone!!! But its great to hear so many Irish fans have got tickets. But there still might be hope for us... finger's crossed

It's a bit heartbreaking given I was one of the only non-competing Irish in Daegu, but what can you do, that's life, and I wouldn't begrudge people their tickets. The more newcomers who get the opportunity to see the brilliance of live athletics, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Just logged onto the ticket system. There are cheap (Cat, D, E) tickets left for the Olympic Stadium Athletics on the Monday & Tuesday only...

Which night has the best races?? I was thinking Monday myself

Do you think any of the cheaper tickets will be up on the system for the Snday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

What did you get??

Same as me...got them in the first round though. I think that's the best night of athletics. Can't wait to hang out in Olympic park for the afternoon as well

Rocko wrote: »
    Just logged onto the ticket system. There are cheap (Cat, D, E) tickets left for the Olympic Stadium Athletics on the Monday & Tuesday only...

Which night has the best races?? I was thinking Monday myself

Do you think any of the cheaper tickets will be up on the system for the Snday night?

PM sent

• Advertisement

So it seems to be the case that there are now plenty of athletics tickets sitting there waiting to be purchased, but because of those blasted womens boxing semi final tickets that we got in the Round 2 of the ticketing process, I am absolutely powerless to all of this. I've tried absolutely everything to get tickets at this stage and nothing is happening. This is a desperate call to anybody who still hasn't used their Round 3 ticketing privalage, to please, if you are buying a ticket for yourself, to buy an extra one for this desperate athletics fan (Will pay you the money of course :D). I would be forever grateful. :) I know it's a long shot.

So it seems to be the case that there are now plenty of athletics tickets sitting there waiting to be purchased, but because of those blasted womens boxing semi final tickets that we got in the Round 2 of the ticketing process, I am absolutely powerless to all of this. I've tried absolutely everything to get tickets at this stage and nothing is happening. This is a desperate call to anybody who still hasn't used their Round 3 ticketing privalage, to please, if you are buying a ticket for yourself, to buy an extra one for this desperate athletics fan (Will pay you the money of course :D). I would be forever grateful. :) I know it's a long shot.

That's not exactly the case. It's the same as previous - you request 4 at X price category (and it says you can request 4), and then they are not available. Currently, showing Cat. A and B for every night except AA only for Men's 100m Final night; plus C for the first Sunday and E also for the Monday and Tuesday. I have tried numerous times. The HSE could have done a better job of organising this.

I have watch the bottom category in all the athletics day go up in price as the day went on, it started promising with a lot of ticket available before noon and was getting everyone i know to contact others in the hope of buying tickets, it looked promising for awhile, with 2 people contacting me saying they never got tickets in the first round and would buy, but alas as they tried they remember they had go ones.... day has ending with no tickets, i would still buy 2 at the category 2 price but just cant seem to get anyone that can purchase :(

To update you, nothing has changed.

Cat B is no problem at £295 (~€375), i.e. it has not been possible to buy 1, 2, 3 or (God forbid) 4 Cat C, D, E tickets today, of that I am certain.

I'll check back at 9ish and let you know.

Should be good hopefully.

Can you delete some messages from your Inbox, I've a few questions I need to ask you about London :pac:

Should be good hopefully.

Can you delete some messages from your Inbox, I've a few questions I need to ask you about London :pac:

Have you any tickets in exchange for info :p

Nah only messin fire away.

Have you any tickets in exchange for info :p

Nah only messin fire away.

Cool, done, cheers :)

Same story. Can buy Cat. B (or A), but nothing else even thou it says that they are available. 24hrs doing this now. But will persevere in the short term. It does come to that part (occasionally) where you are in the queue, but just reverts back to 'No Tickets Found'.

Cat. B not an option this end. 407682789719 and Brian, are you looking for B if no other price option??

Same story. Can buy Cat. B (or A), but nothing else even thou it says that they are available. 24hrs doing this now. But will persevere in the short term. It does come to that part (occasionally) where you are in the queue, but just reverts back to 'No Tickets Found'.

Cat. B not an option this end. 407682789719 and Brian, are you looking for B if no other price option??

I think B is pushing it in terms of cost. It stops becoming worth it after 200 quid i think.

• Advertisement

I think B is pushing it in terms of cost. It stops becoming worth it after 200 quid i think.

Agree. The Other Half said to get one and they'd stay at home :P. Just can't justify 2 tickets at this price (€752). I'd happily go on my own, but I'd literally be on my own the duration! These are corporate prices, which will end up being bought by friends/family of athletes (who have no choice either). Plan B (after I had secured several nights of Athletic tickets!!!) was to get the Boxing Final in the hope Katie Taylor would get thru, and for which I previously applied. Might look for that alternative and mosey around London for a couple of days.

Advertisement