Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Agree. The Other Half said to get one and they'd stay at home :P. Just can't justify 2 tickets at this price (€752). I'd happily go on my own, but I'd literally be on my own the duration! These are corporate prices, which will end up being bought by friends/family of athletes (who have no choice either). Plan B (after I had secured several nights of Athletic tickets!!!) was to get the Boxing Final in the hope Katie Taylor would get thru, and for which I previously applied. Might look for that alternative and mosey around London for a couple of days.

Oh i'd happily go with you, or anyone else if they have a ticket for me, but at the right price. Living in London makes me very flexible as regards that. I'm going to Oslo and Zurich for 50 euro each, 7 times cheaper than those cat B tickets. There's once in a lifetime and theres sanity. My Cat b ticket in the Athens olympics cost me 70 euro

I have Katie Taylor semi and final tickets. Would trade them for athletics in a heartbeat though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, £150 was a just about justifiable price for an evening session with finals on, but not for other sessions. Would have stretched a bit further in price for just me if it was a very prime seat, but not when you are trying to buy 4 at a time. The suggestion was made to the brother that I'd be able to sell on the tickets if he wasn't happy with splashing out for the whole family at that price...he said words to the effect of "no *&% chance I'm giving those up for someone else". :D

I've now spent a total of €504 (from the French and Dutch sites) plus another £606 (from the UK site) for 15 tickets in 5 different events at 6 different sessions. All but four of those 15 were tickets in the cheapest price band though. Will just try for a couple of the Box Hill cycling tickets, but I'm now done with the ticket buying otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Oh i'd happily go with you, or anyone else if they have a ticket for me, but at the right price. Living in London makes me very flexible as regards that. I'm going to Oslo and Zurich for 50 euro each, 7 times cheaper than those cat B tickets. There's once in a lifetime and theres sanity. My Cat b ticket in the Athens olympics cost me 70 euro

I have Katie Taylor semi and final tickets. Would trade them for athletics in a heartbeat though.

Agreed. I'd also gladly go with you if you got tickets, but only can afford Cat c,d or e. I refuse to pay anymore. A cat B ticket for one evening session costs more than the full 8 days, morning and evening cost me in Daegu! It's just not worth that. No way.

An english girl I met travelling very kindly gave me access to her account to try buy tickets. I thought I had got hold of 4 tuesday evening 50 pound tickets at one point but when I clicked to "request tickets" it told me there was none. Yet they are still listing Cat E for Monday and Tuesday nites. Why list that if there are none available? The sceptic in me reckons they have those fake Cat E tickets listed to get people in, and then when they get frustrated they will give up and just buy A or B. Makes perfect business sense.

No joy for me anyway....again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

04072511 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd also gladly go with you if you got tickets, but only can afford Cat c,d or e. I refuse to pay anymore. A cat B ticket for one evening session costs more than the full 8 days, morning and evening cost me in Daegu! It's just not worth that. No way.

An english girl I met travelling very kindly gave me access to her account to try buy tickets. I thought I had got hold of 4 tuesday evening 50 pound tickets at one point but when I clicked to "request tickets" it told me there was none. Yet they are still listing Cat E for Monday and Tuesday nites. Why list that if there are none available? The sceptic in me reckons they have those fake Cat E tickets listed to get people in, and then when they get frustrated they will give up and just buy A or B. Makes perfect business sense.

No joy for me anyway....again.

When I was going through the purchase on Friday it only let me select the one price band of tickets anyway, it wasn't even listing the others. They must have changed something in the way it's working since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm going to Oslo and Zurich for 50 euro each.

Diamond League?

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    I'm going to Oslo and Zurich for 50 euro each.

Diamond League?

Yep, been watching them on tv for far too long. Only been to 4 diamond/golden league meetings up to now.

Yep, been watching them on tv for far too long. Only been to 4 diamond/golden league meetings up to now.

Was supposed to go to Rome last year myself but had to give it a miss. Wouldn't mind to heading to a few of the foreign ones myself. Although preferably the events with the 5000m. I think the Eugene DL meeting is over two days or something and has a 10,000m or 30,000m race on the Friday or something?

Was supposed to go to Rome last year myself but had to give it a miss. Wouldn't mind to heading to a few of the foreign ones myself. Although preferably the events with the 5000m. I think the Eugene DL meeting is over two days or something and has a 10,000m or 30,000m race on the Friday or something?

Yep, Eugene is top of the list for 2013 :) Would love to be there this year.

Zurich deffo looks the best though, cant wait for that one. Got priority tickets for it last week.

Yep, Eugene is top of the list for 2013 :) Would love to be there this year.

Zurich deffo looks the best though, cant wait for that one. Got priority tickets for it last week.

Eugene would be a good one. This year on the Friday night, they're hosting the Olympic 10,000 qualifying event for the Kenyan's. Unfortunately I don't think the Friday night even is televised :(

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

I'm heading to Diamond League in Rome in a few weeks. Good quality tickets only 15 euro each, great value and location. With a crowd close to 50000 last year, there will be another great atmosphere and a whole list of star names, that would beat any athletic session during the Olympics.

For the Olympics it'll have to be the giant screen or the TV for me! Prices way too expensive IMO for class A or B tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Yes, I still have my sanity. Debatable perhaps, but I like to think it's there. I'm a real cheap-skate - got all Cat C for the week in Athens, then sometimes strolled into Cat A empty corporate section mid-evening just cos. Those Cat C were really great seats. It was different back then!

Great re your upcoming trips, hard to get away here and am just a fly-on-the-wall fan so (sadly to real supporters) end up at cup-final grandiose events. Am broken thou, so may take your guidance. Re "Katie Taylor" tickets, the method in my madness was to perhaps barter these, thou clearly there is no one to barter with, and as I don't even have any yet there is nothing to barter with. Will apply on Wednesday and would be happy to support her too. But need a 2nd event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Giraldilla

I've tickets for the men's 50k walk only so I'm planning to soak up the Olympic atmosphere in Hyde Park for a couple of days beforehand. Tickets for guaranteed entry to Hyde Park and Victoria Park Olympics screenings (BT London Live) have just gone on sale this morning. Tickets are free and are available through Ticketmaster. My fall-back option if no other event tickets are forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Got 4 Women's Boxing Final tickets on Thurs. Aug. 9th. Absolutely thrilled to be going! And good luck to Katie!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

Giraldilla wrote: »
    I've tickets for the men's 50k walk only so I'm planning to soak up the Olympic atmosphere in Hyde Park for a couple of days beforehand. Tickets for guaranteed entry to Hyde Park and Victoria Park Olympics screenings (BT London Live) have just gone on sale this morning. Tickets are free and are available through Ticketmaster. My fall-back option if no other event tickets are forthcoming.

Cheers for that, very helpfully, its free so worth a go while there

Got 4 Women's Boxing Final tickets on Thurs. Aug. 9th. Absolutely thrilled to be going! And good luck to Katie!

That's Brilliant!! congrats

Is anyone buying tickets for the afternoon boxing semi session (13:30-16:00) on the Friday 10th August??? If you are and able to buy two extra, I will cover all costs... please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Can you post a link to the free tickets website??

As I can't seem to find it on ticketmaster

Rocko wrote: »
    Can you post a link to the free tickets website??

As I can't seem to find it on ticketmaster

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/BT-London-Live-tickets/artist/1665645#artist_table_focus

:eek: You know it's free right?

The Hyde Park thing is not totally free. £3.50 booking fee. Ticketmaster with their finger in every pie as always :rolleyes:

:eek: You know it's free right?

Yep, but like the marathon and other race walk events, tickets are required for some stretches of the route. It was the only return on my £800+ application for athletics tickets!

• Advertisement

Yep, but like the marathon and other race walk events, tickets are required for some stretches of the route. It was the only return on my £800+ application for athletics tickets!

:eek: I'm as big a Rob fan as anybody, but I think I'd rather watch him challenge for a medal from 100m away from the finish line for free than pay Coe anymore money for the luxury of seeing it from a slightly better angle. :p

:eek: I'm as big a Rob fan as anybody, but I think I'd rather watch him challenge for a medal from 100m away from the finish line for free than pay Coe anymore money for the luxury of seeing it from a slightly better angle. :p

Yea, I'd agree and be standing beside you if I didn't already have tickets :)

Tickets through a Spanish site on sale tomorrow.

From @Pearcesport on Twitter:
    Big news for EU Olympic ticket hunters. Spanish sale 10am UK time tomorrow will include athletics, cycling, swimming http://coe.ticketpa.com

How many more times must we get our hopes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A lad here on Done Deal selling Athletics for August 10th. Dosen't say the price though.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3371518

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Judo and Fencing available. Thats brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Can anyone pass comment on what the best virtual visa debit card is (i.e. least fees). Pain in the hole that the one launched for the olys is now gone. Was hoping to try get some more this Wednesday but havent got a visa!

More tickets on sale tomorrow, unfortunately no athletics tickets. You can click on the link to download a PDF with the sports that are available.

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

More tickets on sale tomorrow, unfortunately no athletics tickets. You can click on the link to download a PDF with the sports that are available.

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/[/QUOTE]

Difficult to believe there's no morning sessions but there you go. Only the joke sports left really.

• Advertisement

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/[/QUOTE]

Difficult to believe there's no morning sessions but there you go. Only the joke sports left really.

I think there's some boxing tickets left but I've no idea what days or anything.

Advertisement