Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

rugby_fan wrote: »
    Thanks OL..I persume the 19s matches will be in or around d same dates?
    u18 schools,19s and 20s will be earlier in september and the A schools will be around the same dates as the youths

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RuggaBugga

Belfast Royal Academy have a big game against Paul Roos on their tour. Paul Roos is ranked 10th in South Africa

West Munster u17/15/13 league and cup fixtures for next season available from here

Video on the Ulster Youths and a complete list of the ulster squad http://www.intouchrugby.com

Munster Youths trained in Nenagh today
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10642

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

ormond lad wrote: »
    Munster Youths trained in Nenagh today
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10642

Are these the best ever prepared Munster sides in their age groups?

profitius wrote: »
    Are these the best ever prepared Munster sides in their age groups?
    Yes but it means nothing to a degree if number of wins doesnt increase and the representation from munster doesnt increase in the national age grade squads that are announced in december.
    youths, schools, 19s and 20s have been in camp in rockwell but have also been to nenagh to do sessions in our indoor 200mtr track as well as other venues.
    Biggest changes have not been the residential aspect of rockwell etc but the fact that munster have been getting top nutrition experts etc to talk to players about off the pitch aspects of the game
    The A schools side is very strong and while they havent been training with the other provincial age grade squads they have been doing good sessions throughout the province from nenagh to midleton to bruff

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Look's like Gareth Molloy's been called up again, very surprised when he was dropped. I think he was in the reserve squad. Seriously talented player. Do you know if he's in at 9 or 10 OL?

KJY wrote: »
    Look's like Gareth Molloy's been called up again, very surprised when he was dropped. I think he was in the reserve squad. Seriously talented player. Do you know if he's in at 9 or 10 OL?
    He wouldnt have been dropped. He would still have training programmes etc from munster coaches as he would have moved to reserve squad. Im fairly sure he can play both 9 and 10 but would be a 9 at interpro level
    There has been others added to squad as some players i believe have moved to schools and as a result are inelgible

Anyone know anything about Ireland U18 player Sean O'Hagan? Hes an exile, plays underage for London Irish and supposed to be a big prospect. He plays 10 or 12.

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about Ireland U18 player Sean O'Hagan? Hes an exile, plays underage for London Irish and supposed to be a big prospect. He plays 10 or 12.
    Only seen him play once, for the Irish Youths in dublin against france. He's a good player. got a great boot on him. why d'you ask?

Only seen him play once, for the Irish Youths in dublin against france. He's a good player. got a great boot on him. why d'you ask?

I saw him being mentioned here. He was only 16 years old too (might still be) playing for the U18's this year.

Could be worth keeping an eye on for the provinces if hes that good. Hes 6ft and 13 1/2st.

I saw him being mentioned here. He was only 16 years old too (might still be) playing for the U18's this year.

Could be worth keeping an eye on for the provinces if hes that good. Hes 6ft and 13 1/2st.
    Doubt he would still be 16 as this years irish youths were 94s and if he was still 16 he would be a late 95 which you dont see often.
    Could be worth keeping an eye on but unfortunately the best exiles whove played irish youths the past few years have went on to play england u20s and played pro rugby in england and havent played with ireland(shane geraghty is just one example)
    IMO the exiles who are in/went to schools like St Benedicts, Ealing like o hagan did should be playing with the irish schools side

Doubt he would still be 16 as this years irish youths were 94s and if he was still 16 he would be a late 95 which you dont see often.
    Could be worth keeping an eye on but unfortunately the best exiles whove played irish youths the past few years have went on to play england u20s and played pro rugby in england and havent played with ireland(shane geraghty is just one example)
    IMO the exiles who are in/went to schools like St Benedicts, Ealing like o hagan did should be playing with the irish schools side

I read that he turned down a chance to go to England trials. If he turns out to be good enough but chooses England then I think it would be time to stop looking for exiles.

I read that he turned down a chance to go to England trials. If he turns out to be good enough but chooses England then I think it would be time to stop looking for exiles.
    Interesting if he did turn down england. Wonder how and if he and the other exiles will work themselves into the irish set up at 19s/20s

There's been some good articles on the youths and other munster interpro sides on munster rugby over the summer. Hopefully we will see the squads from the other provinces soon enough http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10642.php

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

I'm hoping to see the Munster v Exiles game in Limerick on 1st Sept. It should be a good game with only a few weeks before the inter pros.

BigHeel wrote: »
    I'm hoping to see the Munster v Exiles game in Limerick on 1st Sept. It should be a good game with only a few weeks before the inter pros.
    Game will essentially be an extra interpro and all the provinces will have played or will be playing the exiles by sept 1st

Munster Youths play Cardiff Blues u18 in Cardiff saturday and Ospreys u18s in CIT friday week at 3pm
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10666.php

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Leinster Club U 18 are playing Languedoc U18 in Donnybrook on Sunday at 4.00pm. The French usualy bring a good side over so should be an interesting match.

Munster A schools(for those not in the "A" or "B" schools) play west munster u17 development squad tonight at 5.30 in abbeyfeale and they play an english side in UL on saturday in preparation for their interpro fixtures next month

Looking at leinster 19s there is 4 players still involved with a club: the starting outside centre Adam Byrne from Naas, the starting loosehead prop Peter Dooley from Birr, the sub loosehead prop Brian Cunningham from Navan and Diarmuid Hickey from kilkenny who i think is a 2nd row or a backrow

Apart from these 4 the starting number 6 Stephen Keelan was a Leinster youth last september and is from Navan and im notsure but i think another 1 or 2 of the squad were in the youths set up until around last september

Munster A schools(for those not in the "A" or "B" schools) play west munster u17 development squad tonight at 5.30 in abbeyfeale and they play an english side in UL on saturday in preparation for their interpro fixtures next month
    Munster A schools won this game fairly handy.

Below is link to weekends fixtures for the u18/19/20 interpro sides and looking at pics of the squads there has been several players called up to each of the squads
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10676.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Clonmacken2011

Was at Annacotty today watching different Munster underage teams. Was most enjoyable. I see Ormond Lad posted on Munster fans site that he was too. He should have stayed for the U16/17 sides game. They played basically the same side as the Munster U18 Schools side in the first game (Millfield played all of their players in at least 2 games during the afternoon). The U17 Development squad who played last today are all 15 years of age going on 16 this year. They are in fact the North Munster Development Squad (Clubs are divided into North, South, East & West for U17 development squads). Most of the team that played today are still 15. All from the clubs scene but St Clements (B School) have 13 players in the North Munster Development Squad. St Clements are playing in the Bowen Shield with the A Schools which starts next month. The final score was 29 - 5 to Millfield and the younger guys gave as much as they got from their more developed English counterparts. This particular squad are together over a year now under the coaching of Johnny Lacey training twice a week & playing games in UL against touring sides for the last 6 months (beating most of them). Ormond Lad should have waited for the final game and he would have been impressed.

Was at Annacotty today watching different Munster underage teams. Was most enjoyable. I see Ormond Lad posted on Munster fans site that he was too. He should have stayed for the U16/17 sides game. They played basically the same side as the Munster U18 Schools side in the first game (Millfield played all of their players in at least 2 games during the afternoon). The U17 Development squad who played last today are all 15 years of age going on 16 this year. They are in fact the North Munster Development Squad (Clubs are divided into North, South, East & West for U17 development squads). Most of the team that played today are still 15. All from the clubs scene but St Clements (B School) have 13 players in the North Munster Development Squad. St Clements are playing in the Bowen Shield with the A Schools which starts next month. The final score was 29 - 5 to Millfield and the younger guys gave as much as they got from their more developed English counterparts. This particular squad are together over a year now under the coaching of Johnny Lacey training twice a week & playing games in UL against touring sides for the last 6 months (beating most of them). Ormond Lad should have waited for the final game and he would have been impressed.
    What i posted on munsterfans is in the provincial schools thread(post 77 here) as i felt it was more suitable there than in this thread.
    I didnt stay for the final game as it involved the north regional development squad and the 3rd string side millfields had brought over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Clonmacken2011

What i posted on munsterfans is in the provincial schools thread(post 77 here) as i felt it was more suitable there than in this thread.
    I didnt stay for the final game as it involved the north regional development squad and the 3rd string side millfields had brought over.

It was not Millfields 3rd string. It contained 7 players from the first game who played against the full Munster U18 Schools side. I had a good conversation with the physio from the Munster underage branch who did physio for the day with all 3 Munster teams. We were discussing some of the players from the English team and the ones who had played earlier. Just trying to get across that the whole set up in Munster clubs/youths is getting better with more talent being developed. Time will tell as the strategy now in place is still in its infancy with regard to the clubs/youths but looks promising.

It was not Millfields 3rd string. It contained 7 players from the first game who played against the full Munster U18 Schools side. I had a good conversation with the physio from the Munster underage branch who did physio for the day with all 3 Munster teams. We were discussing some of the players from the English team and the ones who had played earlier. Just trying to get across that the whole set up in Munster clubs/youths is getting better with more talent being developed. Time will tell as the strategy now in place is still in its infancy with regard to the clubs/youths but looks promising.
    I was talking to 1 or 2 from Millfield and they said it was like a 3rd string side for them.
    Youths rugby in munster is quite strong and the schools are nowhere near as good as they think.
    Good day today except for some little things that ive already mentioned like no official ref being available for when munster A schools played the connacht u18s and the munster A schools not having a set of munster jerseys or munster socks/shorts like the other munster sides had.

Ulster Youth squad for game against Lancashire tomorrow in Campbell College and it kicks off at 2.30pm
    15. Ryan McMenamin (City of Derry)
    14. Simon Crooks (Ballymena)
    13. Don Mullan (Virginia)
    12. Tom Murphy (Malone)
    11. Greg Wilson (Malone)
    10. Graeme Currie (Portadown)
    9. Josh Coyle (Banbridge)
    8. Joe Cross (Randalstown)
    7. Josh Ferguson (Malone)
    6. Richard Graham (Banbridge)
    5. Iain McMenamin (Carrick)
    4. JJ Kane (Dungannon)
    3. Bradley Young (Carrick)
    2. Adam McBurney (Randalstown)
    1. Luke Lewis (Ballynahinch)
    Replacements :
    16. Mark Mulrine (City of Derry) 19. Robbie Alexander (Bangor) 17. Timothy Savage (Dromore) 20. Craig Trimble (Donegal) 18. Aaron Winter (Portadown) 21. Caleb Montgomery (P’down) 22. Jordan McCaw (Ballymoney) 23. Ross Johnston (Ballynahinch) 24. Adam Reaney (Banbridge) 25. Jason Gribbon (Dromore) 26. Mark Widdowson (Malone) 27. Jack Hargan (City of Derry)

Munster U18 Clubs Team Named For Ospreys
    Game is tomorrow in CIT at 3pm
    Munster U18 Clubs: Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Eathon Moloney (Nenagh), Mark Dorgan (Highfield), Kieran Duggan (Highfield), Joe While (Clonakilty), Fionn McGibney (Garryowen), Dave O’Mahony (Clonakilty), Philip Poillet (Clonakilty), Stephen Shine (Young Munster), Ben Betts (Young Munster), Darragh Power (Waterpark), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Eamon Costelloe (Bruff), Connell Dodd (Waterpark), Idris Rqibi (Capt.) (Skibbereen). Replacements: Ronan O’Halloran (Ennis), Cian Tierney (Bruff), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam), Peter Ryan (Nenagh), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Conor O’Sullivan (Kanturk), Luke O’Leary (Sunday’s Well), Garreth Molloy (Waterpark).
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10705

Munster U18 Clubs: Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Eathon Moloney (Nenagh), Mark Dorgan (Highfield), Kieran Duggan (Highfield), Joe While (Clonakilty), Fionn McGibney (Garryowen), Dave O’Mahony (Clonakilty), Philip Poillet (Clonakilty), Stephen Shine (Young Munster), Ben Betts (Young Munster), Darragh Power (Waterpark), Aaron Hogan (Youghal), Eamon Costelloe (Bruff), Connell Dodd (Waterpark), Idris Rqibi (Capt.) (Skibbereen). Replacements: Ronan O’Halloran (Ennis), Cian Tierney (Bruff), Eoin O’Carroll (Tralee), Brendan Quinlan (Clanwilliam), Peter Ryan (Nenagh), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Conor O’Sullivan (Kanturk), Luke O’Leary (Sunday’s Well), Garreth Molloy (Waterpark).
    KJY wrote: »
    Munster Youths beat Ospreys 17-5 today
    KJY who scored? Who played well?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

KJY who scored? Who played well?

Sorry, I only saw it off a lad from Facebook

Munster won 17-5 www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10715
    West munster league fixtures are available here

• Advertisement

Munster won 17-5 www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10715
    West munster league fixtures are available here

Very good results for the Munster U18 sides. LI and Ospreys traditionally have strong underage sides.

Advertisement