Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 1-Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, live timing is gone for me too, they really need to sort it out coz it happened a lot last season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mclaren on soft should be interesting

live timing does seem down

wow sutil lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fair play to Sutil there, thought we were going to get a rare live onboard smash. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Schumi out. Great lap from Kobayashi.

timing working again

• Advertisement

Feel for Perez there, his Q1 time would've been fast enough to get him through to Q3.

petrov doing well

looking at Sutil again, really well done to keep it off the wall, even if it was half luck

strategy on tires will be interesting, soft tires I guess for top teams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone fancy having a go at the top 5

1 Webber
    2 Vettel
    3 Hamilton
    4 Alonso
    5 Kobayashi

strategy on tires will be interesting, soft tires I guess for top teams

One of the RBs should chance the hards. Can't see anyone else going anything but soft.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy having a go at the top 5

1 Webber
    2 Vettel
    3 Hamilton
    4 Alonso
    5 Kobayashi

Vet
    Web
    But
    Ham
    Kob

Hamilton still loving to lock up the front.

Into the 23s from Vettel? :D Goodnight everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

wow fair play seb fair play

Loving how in every reference to the old tyres the BBC isn't mentioning the name of the manufacturer. :pac:

Massa just screwed up the quali for just about everyone else. :pac:

Alonso only .3 off through the first sector, sandbagging? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

F1.com's live timing ain't working for me....still stuck on 5mins on q2...and we're nearing the end of q3 now

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Stunning from Vettel, blew Mark away. Great lap from Hamilton too. Petrov the surprise of qualifying?

least theres a mclaren on front row,redbull mightnt have it all there own way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

some of the best one lap performances i think I've ever seen in f1 there from vettel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Webber looks a bit miffed

Sod it im off to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Vettel Quote on radio after getting pole: "we are who we are". Let me guess, A racing team and a drinks company!:p what a stupid statement at least it goes with that finger be prepared to see it alot this year.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Vettel Quote on radio after getting pole: "we are who we are". Let me guess, A racing team and a drinks company!:p what a stupid statement at least it goes with that finger be prepared to see it alot this year.:rolleyes:

Did he possibly mean "We are the team that sets the bar" ?

Also

petrov in front of Alonso..What a start to the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

amacachi wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but heard no mention earlier, do they still have to start the race on the tyres they use in Q3 this year?

Brundle said at the end of qualifying that Vettel had to start on the set of tyres he set his quickest time on, not the ones he finished the session on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mad start to the season, poor show from Schumacher, im beginning to doubt he still has it now, hopefully he will prove me wrong in the race.

Red Bull pace is hilarious, no DD and its faster than last year, that DRS must do the job so.

McLaren look stronger but his hella bumpy for them on the track, the car is so stiff.

Can see Ferrari being stronger in race trim, i can see it being a manic race, I better get to see it in HD or ill bomb the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

The BBC are about to run a story on the Red Bull KERS, apparently. Something about it being smaller and for start only. The drivers didn't use it in Qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Already covered on James Allen's blog. Red Bull wing still flexing like mad. The changes in regulations this year have certainly shaken out the "Tier 1" group of Vettel/Ham/Alonso from the Tier 2 lot of Webber/Button/Massa.

Fantastic performance from Petrov, but of course no coverage of that on Red Bulletin TV aka the Beeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Grim. wrote: »
    some of the best one lap performances i think I've ever seen in f1 there from vettel

great yeah all the way except he made it a bit too wide in second last corner.
    and without KERS??

Lotus doesn't have KERS neither,shouldn't they match bulls pretty close? :P

I think bulls car is so fast that drivers are ****ting pants inthere and searching for own brave limits instead of cars power limits :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The wing is flexing as much as it did last year. Huge advantage in that alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bergkamp10

Evenin lads +lasses. Only a few short hours left til Australia GP. Ahhh. Bring it! Ps anyone down to schumi could win this one, i expect a few retirements.

I expect I'll be awake for this. Getting pizza in a bit so should go into my usual diabetes semi-coma til around 2/3am. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 BigAliens

Gintonious wrote: »
    The wing is flexing as much as it did last year. Huge advantage in that alone.

You said it

http://i52.tinypic.com/358qeio.jpg

Advertisement