Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 1-Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

this run from vettel is impresive to watch really throwing the car around

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Should get more action now, Alonso yet to set time

WOW @ vettel's tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

11811 wrote: »
    Is the race going to be on BBC HD? Thought it was supposed to be but there's nothing on the Sky Plus Guide...:confused:

Can't wait though!

It's on BBC One HD, you need to add it via add channels.

V
    5/6

Good to see HRT getting out for last two minutes of practice

Will be amazed if they get within 107% in Qualifying, Virgin might find it tight enough to get a good time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Didn't manage to stay awake for the second FP but it seems like McLaren have made a step forward with the new exhaust and front wing. I still get the impression that RBR have yet to show their true pace though, Vettel seemed to be using the rear wing very early coming out of the corners. Can't wait for qualifying now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

don't forget the clocks changing on Sunday morning if you're getting up to watch it live!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone know what time qualifyin is on 2moro at???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The BBc is now giving light rain for melbourne on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭lolie

Quali starting at 6 a.m, bbc coverage starting at 5 a.m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

don't forget the clocks changing on Sunday morning if you're getting up to watch it live!
    Thanks for the reminder, I would have forgot all about that otherwise and set my alarm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Watching a replay of P2 on BBC HD red button at the moment. Picture is nice and clear but what is astonishing is how much clearer the picture is when on-board and it's suppose to be a standard def camera on the car. You're getting the benefit of decent upscaling!

Edit***

Scrap that: on closer inspection is all looks upscaled. Just wondering will there be a native HD broadcast at all????

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

HRT broken down few minutes into session, still no lap time set

holy crap the redbulls are insanely fast

edit: vettel fastest by 8ths!! fu*k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else a little sick of the BBC going on about last year? It wasn't as close as 2007 and the last race wasn't as good as 08. :pac:

davids crash looked good in hd :P

I finally get a decent TV for watching sport and now I have to put up with others talking about HD. I give up. :P

Probably a stupid question but heard no mention earlier, do they still have to start the race on the tyres they use in Q3 this year?

Red Bulls and McLarens look like they really want a few less cars on the grid tomorrow. :P

Need to sort out markings on the tyres, would love to know who's on the hards and softs. One would assume Perez and Kobayashi are on the softs giving them that unexpected position.

EDIT: Alonso out on the softs in Q1, they must have forgotten to do a run yesterday. :rolleyes:
    Also I wonder if the BBC will put an end to their love-in with Lotus any time soon. :)

Bottom 7:
    Heidfeld
    2 Lotuses
    2 Virgins

Outside 107%:
    2 HRTS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm very surprised by how slow the Ferraris are, having to go out on softs in Q1 and still being almost .500 behind Vettel on hards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

amacachi wrote: »
    Red Bulls and McLarens look like they really want a few less cars on the grid tomorrow. :P

Need to sort out markings on the tyres, would love to know who's on the hards and softs. One would assume Perez and Kobayashi are on the softs giving them that unexpected position.

EDIT: Alonso out on the softs in Q1, they must have forgotten to do a run yesterday. :rolleyes:
    Also I wonder if the BBC will put an end to their love-in with Lotus any time soon. :)

I have a weird feeling that Sauber could make Q3 easily with both cars

perez on soft for sure

amacachi wrote: »
    Bottom 7:
    Heidfeld
    2 Lotuses
    2 Virgins

Outside 107%:
    2 HRTS

"Quick Nick" my ass. :pac:
    Hopefully the teams don't let HRT race, they're an embarrassment to the sport in my opinion. McLaren seem quite strong.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I have a weird feeling that Sauber could make Q3 easily with both cars

perez on soft for sure

Based on today Sauber look like they could be the fifth best team. The midfield really does look very packed. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    "Quick Nick" my ass. :pac:
    Hopefully the teams don't let HRT race, they're an embarrassment to the sport in my opinion. McLaren seem quite strong.

I'd be amazed if they let them in. Usually I'd be in favour of it to fill the grid but the cars aren't even bolted together properly. With the amount of crap falling off them it looks like the FIA could do with hiring some NASCAR srutineers. :pac:

Anyone else happy that was Barrichello and not Maldonado? :pac:

EDIT: Hamilton lucky he's having his scruffy lap now and not in Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

This is going to be a cracking battle to make the top 10

My prediction

2 Red Bull
    1 Ferrari
    2 Mclaren
    2 Sauber
    1 mercedes
    1 torro
    1 force india

missed start of qualifying with power cut

very hard to judge so far

pity to see heidfield out early

redbull looking strong

Ferrari looking bit slow

Surprised by Rubens making that mistake. Wow some pace from Vettel (on softs). Come on Schumi. Ferrari struggling, how's that happened? :confused:

• Advertisement

It's great not having Legard around. :)

Live timing stalled for anyone else?

Advertisement