Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: General discussion thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

When I see things like that it reminds me of why people make it to the top of any sport, they just have a drive and determination that I can't imagine having.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

rua1972 wrote: »
    PJ that's impressive stuff. Too bad FOM stops these things just like the clips on youtube. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers mate :)

Been in touch with FOM and things are looking good: http://www.pjtierney.net/2011/11/last-week-i-mentioned-that-i-had-idea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Killinator

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Killinator wrote: »

I think it's a shame that it won't go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm interested to see who gets the drive with Force India next year.

decisions wrote: »
    I'm interested to see who gets the drive with Force India next year.

I'll say Di Resta and Hulkenberg:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why are Ferrari keeping Massa?

He's had two terrible years and just hasn't been the same since the crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Maldonado confirmed at Williams...

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/12/williams-confirms-maldonado-bottas-to-run-on-fridays-in-2012/
    A day after its entry for 2012 was published by the FIA without a named driver, Williams has this evening announced that Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado will race with the team in 2012.

Meanwhile rumours that Finnish GP3 driver Valterri Bottas would get a race seat have proved wide of the mark, as the team confirmed that he will remain as third driver. But as an added incentive to the youngster, he will be given Friday morning practice runs at 15 of the races next season.

This is a programme which Force India has used very effectively over the past two seasons, preparing Paul Di Resta for the step up to a race seat last year and this year keeping Nico Hulkenberg sharp for a race return in 2012. It is understood that Jules Bianchi will be given that same opportunity for Force India in 2012, so perhaps other teams are cottoning on to the benefits of regular Friday running.

Team founder Sir Frank Williams said of the Maldonado confirmation, “Pastor has proven this year that he is not only quick but also that he is able to maintain a consistent and strong race pace. Pastor has been responsible for all of our forays into Q3 in 2011 and his race at Monaco was outstanding. Pastor has also settled into the team at Williams very well, contributing strongly in the factory and with our partners. He will play a critical role in 2012 as we rebuild the team and move forward.”

As for the identity of Maldonado’s team mate next season, it looks like a straight fight between Rubens Barrichello and Adrian Sutil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thought Maldonado was quite poor tbh. Maybe/probably wasn't helped by the fact that the Williams was a dog of a car all year but he didn't impress me in any race at all. Didn't impress me in F2 the year before either but I suppose Sir Frank had to say something other than 'money talks'.

Williams really do need some major restructuring and have to find some sort of strong financial backing or I can see them either leaving or being bought out. Maybe them being floated might help in some way but they've gone seriously backwards in the last number of seasons, going back to when they'd BMW backing. Even then, in the final season or two they struggled...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/12/07/complete-f1-fanatic-gifts-guide-2011/

Plenty of great gift ideas here for you F1 fans :)

What are posters thoughts here on Virgin getting rid of Jerome D'Ambrosio. I think he did a very good job and wasn't trashed by Timo Glock. Hard done by imo.

Ficus wrote: »
    I guess its the old saying, money talks. And from what iv heard, virgin were looking for 6 million for that drive.

6 million, Virgin are looking for alot of money for that drive, but as you say, money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

So it looks like the US GP is still on. I really can't see it going ahead. The last pictures I have seen of the place were of Coulthard driving around a dirt track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭lolie

F1 2011 season review on bbc1 now. 1-2 pm

lolie wrote: »
    F1 2011 season review on bbc1 now. 1-2 pm

ah ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭lolie

ah ****

Its repeated on the red button now. Cant wait for 2012 season after watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Speaking of reviews, I ordered the official 2011 blu-ray reviw on amazon along with the 2010 and 2007 review dvd's. I'm a happy chap.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 surething25

Im glad to see a F1 thread on here yes!

I cant wait for the F1 season to start again I have to say im a big Jenson Button fan but Vettel was unstopable this year. Im really gutted to see the BBC only going to be showing a possible 6 F1 races on tv this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I thought it was 10 races they were showing? :confused:

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »

Indeed, BBC showing half the races live.

vectra wrote: »
    Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Indeed, BBC showing half the races live.

Its probably going to be more than half as the BBC have been very clever. Bahrain wont happen imo and Austin looks dodgy to be honest at the moment.

Loads of people have been attacked and gassed by police in Bahrain in the last two weeks and the head of the pro-democracy movement who called for a boycott of Bahrains GP was beaten up by Police. Do teams like Ferrari or commercial companies like Red Bull want to be associated with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This is why I don't like Webber.

ib28hZWmVnTIEL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Do teams like Ferrari or commercial companies like Red Bull want to be associated with that?

A better question would be do they care?

Advertisement