Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: General discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So Lewis is engaged. That will take the edge off his driving.

On E news they're saying they are not engaged, who cares :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Autosport wrote: »
    I have to say I thought Vettel was good on Top gear, Funny guy and its nice to see another side to him BUT i still hate the finger :D
    It's only a finger, what else would he do when he wins?

Be modest? haha!

I actually like Vettel, especially when he's back down the grid fighting back up, which will probably only take half a lap to get to third or second again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I actually like Vettel, especially when he's back down the grid fighting back up, which will probably only take half a lap to get to third or second again :rolleyes:

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Trulli has been dropped for the German Grand Prix (but will be back for the Hungarian race) and will be replaced by Karun Chandhok. It seems like they are putting pressure on Trulli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

As much as I'm sure everyone loves Trulli as much as I do it's about time he moved on. His experience would be great other than how much he's been struggling and admitting to such issues all season.

• Advertisement

Is there any way to fool the BBC player into thinking you are a British resident? I woudnt mind seeng todays action.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yup you can do it using a proxy, there are plenty of them online including a plugin for firefox. I am sitting in work watching the free practice in the BBC iplayer.

I wish my work was like that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

if you download tor browser and then install it, let it run then downlaod Mgeni, run Mgeni after Tor is running, then change the country on mgeni to teh uk and you can watch iplayer all you like!

OK thanks Guys. Am sorted!

Vectra posted about the weather in Hungary and Gave a link but on that site there was also a story that Volkswagen are still considering joining Formula 1. Although they are saying 2018 which is a long way away http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/265240/volkswagen-still-considering-formula-1-future/

TBH I dont see how a company can plan that far ahead. Mercedes seemed to make a decision very quickly and get involved although I suppose they already had engine involvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Vectra posted about the weather in Hungary and Gave a link but on that site there was also a story that Volkswagen are still considering joining Formula 1. Although they are saying 2018 which is a long way away http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/265240/volkswagen-still-considering-formula-1-future/

TBH I dont see how a company can plan that far ahead. Mercedes seemed to make a decision very quickly and get involved although I suppose they already had engine involvement.

I read somewhere that 2018 is some target for the VAG group.. Was it something along the lines of being the leading manufacturer by then or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Odd question, but can someone give me an estimate for the length of time for the Hungarian gp to be over? Doing a shitely timed split shift Sunday and might miss the end of the race :(

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Odd question, but can someone give me an estimate for the length of time for the Hungarian gp to be over? Doing a shitely timed split shift Sunday and might miss the end of the race :(

Mark Webber won in a time of 1 hour 41 mins last year so thats some guide. It looks like it will be a dry race so it should be around the same time. Race should finish therefore between 2.40 -2.45 pm without safety cars etc

Mark Webber won in a time of 1 hour 41 mins last year so thats some guide. It looks like it will be a dry race so it should be around the same time. Race should finish therefore between 2.40 -2.45 pm without safety cars etc

Thanks, will have to run to work then :(

Apparently F1 teams have been told that the Turkish GP will not feature next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Apparently F1 teams have been told that the Turkish GP will not feature next season.

pity if its true love the track but what a **** atmosphere

Of all the Tilkedromes to leave out. :(

Looking on wikipedia it looks like it's gone. Calender had 21 dates and they said they'd most likely get rid of one, down to 20 now.

Yea Turkey is gone and Usa and Brazil to finish the season :D

amacachi wrote: »
    Of all the Tilkedromes to leave out. :(

imo turkey is a prime example of what tilke can do when his given interesting terrain to work with only so much he can do with some of the featureless **** holes his given to design a track on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jmath07

Sad to see turkey go. But the USA GP for next year is not in Indianapolis its in Austin on a new track hope its a good one.

• Advertisement

Grim. wrote: »
    imo turkey is a prime example of what tilke can do when his given interesting terrain to work with only so much he can do with some of the featureless **** holes his given to design a track on

Indeed. I love the Turkey track, problem is it's in the worst area and it attracts such a small amount of fans. Had they built that track in say Korea*, then it would be perfect as they have the fan base to draw from.

* Disclaimer, I know it's only held one race (and a fcuking wet one it was too) and I'm willing to give it another year or two, but I really dislike the track. It's got nothing going for it really :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

AFAIK the Korea track was built in a reclaimed swamp which by definition are usually flat and featureless. Elevation changes are one of the main ingredients in good track design. Think of any of the most famous corners. They're either extremely fast or and up/down-hill sweeper.

Many tracks have come and gone in F1, most of which i don't really miss, but I will most definitely miss Turkey. Its probably in my top 5 of the current tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's so many other crappy circuits that should be ditched for Spa. Sadly money talks and the Bahrains and Valencias of this world will continue to get races whilst a legendary circuit lays silent.:(

It will/would be a sad day if we lose Spa, Just watched the VW cup race at Spa last nite and it is one of the better tracks that we have. Bernie and his greed :mad:

While it would be terrible to lose possibly the greatest current F1 track, if alternating it every year is the only way to keep it on the calender than lose it altogether then I'm all for it.

One of very few tracks that has such an element of the unknown about it, has so much character and pedigree. Such a shame :(

Where would they be looking to hold a French GP? Le Mans sucks massive ass, Magny Cours isn't great and Paul Ricard would be good if they used the really massive straight but they definitely wouldn't.

Dijon maybe? If they extended it... very short at 3.2km

amacachi wrote: »
    Le Mans sucks massive ass

please say your referring to the Bugatti circuit

• Advertisement

Well they're not gonna use the real one anyway. :pac:

Advertisement