Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

leg wax wrote: »
    Muckit wrote: »
    great looking heifer junior and she's growthy as a bonus, whats the stock bull by.and legs beats nobody.

Going to cross threads here to answer 2 questions legs. The calves will start creeping gain wean to beef nuts ad lib probably this week or next.

The old stock bull was bought from Paddy Kent and was after his stock bull Aclare Quaker. Pity I have no photos of him as he is culled now. He was a very ordinary looking bull but left good calves after him and was easy calved. 1 section from roughly 200 calvings and many cows calved unassisted or with minimal assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

DSC01825

s**t, trying to put up a few pics, not happenin.

dsc01825ma.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I upload my photos to Photobucket.

All you need do then is copy the IMG code and paste it into the text box on here, or any other forum.

If you find they're too big for the screen, I open mine on my computer using Paint. Resize them using the pixel option to 800 horizontal and 600 vertical, then use the "save as" feature to save them as jpeg which makes them a smaller file size.

If any of that helps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

s**t, trying to put up a few pics, not happenin.

Are you using your PC or your phone? I've started using ImageShack on the smartphone and find it very handy. As johngalway says, I also reduce the size of them with the built in "photo editor" on the phone before simply cutting and pasting the link provided by the website/ application.

11mo by OMA out of a LM first calver bought in as calf at foot. SBV €31 & 1 star, but reliability figures are low. Mother due to calve again on July 1st, 27 days earlier than last year.
    20120618232257.jpg

11mo by OMA out a LM first calver bought in as new-born calf at foot in '09. SBV €31 & 1 star, but reliability figures are low. The grand-dam is turning out to be one of the best cows I have.
    20120618232434.jpg

October 11 weanling by FHZ out of a good looking cow that I'm not that impressed with. SBV €52, 3 star within & 2 star across breeds. Again reliability figures are low. Her dam's fertility is dubious, not sure about how much milk she has and not sure if I'll bred this heifer yet or not.
    20120618232606.jpg

Oct11 weanling by EDJ out of same cow that produced the heifer in the first pic. SBV of €83, 5 star within and 4 star across breeds. Again reliablity figures are low. Cows's calving interval of 320 days, if only they were all like that!
    20120618232723.jpg

The picture doesn't do this one justice as she's the pick of them. SBV of €76 with 4 star within and 3 star across breeds. She's July 11 by ELZ out of another good cow bought in in 2009 (SMxLM type).
    20120618233029.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

4 week old pedigree Limousin Bull sired by Sauvignon. Dam is off Rocky. I think he has serious potential. He is full of muscle!!

picture.php?albumid=2143&pictureid=13115

picture.php?albumid=2143&pictureid=13116

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

@porter shark

What breed of bull is that? Maine Anjou?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

p6180317.jpg

p6180320.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Spotted this lad on my travels today conditioning grass under ominous skies..:rolleyes:

p6190324tg.jpg

Muckit out herding yesterday evening...
    p6180316.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Whats the story with all the E grade calf pictures being put up?????
    Will someone put up a few R's or the odd O to make the rest of us feel better! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

dsc01825ma.jpg

Fine bull there. Is bogman right with the breed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Have been away from the computer for a while , back on it and blown away with the quality of stock on this thread !!
    Fantastic stuff lads . Well done ;)

(First two of these are cut and paste from an earlier post. I've separated out Autumn 10 heifers from Autumn 11 heifers into 2 separate posts.)

OMA heifer born Dec 2010 out of a Black HF cow. Cow has good fertility, temperment and milk. Whilst she's not a class animal, she's a bit better than photo makes her look. It will interesting to see how she breds. She's in-calf to LYJ and is due 1st Jan. SBV €69 3 star across breeds.
    20120618232136.jpg

SIX heifer born Sep 2010 out of a 84%LM cow. She was always a good looking one and unfortunately AI man had no more SIX in the can the following year. She's in-calf to LYJ and is due 6th Jan. SBV €60 with 3 stars across breeds.
    20120620131830.jpg

TXT heifer born Sep 2010 out of a 78%AA cow. ICBF is missing the sire details and so I think her cow's breeding is more like 50% LM, 39% AA. You'd know there's AA in the cow by looking at her. She's produced a nice even heifer who's in-calf to HCA due on 18th Dec. (Hadn't planned in having anything calf that early but she was bullying and it suited me to AI her). SBV €54 with 2 stars across breeds.
    20120619230743.jpg

UBN heifer born Sep10 out of 66%LM & 19%SH cow. ICBF is missing sire details and I'd guess the cow is probably by a SM bull. She's a good sized square cow producing and rearing good calves. She's in-calf to either LYJ (due 18th Jan) or HUZ (AI'd 39days later). I didn't think she was full-on bulling the second time around but as AI man was there we stuck a straw in just in case. SBV of €28 with 1 star across breeds.
    20120620132025.jpg

reilig wrote: »
    4 week old pedigree Limousin Bull sired by Sauvignon. Dam is off Rocky. I think he has serious potential. He is full of muscle!!
    He's a smashing looking calf there reilig. Is the red cow his? She is nice square shape behind which would make you think this fella would breed nice replacements.

Seaba wrote: »
    Whats the story with all the E grade calf pictures being put up?????
    Will someone put up a few R's or the odd O to make the rest of us feel better! :-)
    Have a look at my posts Seaba, I think there is 1 or 2 R's in there! ;):D

just do it wrote: »
    He's a smashing looking calf there reilig. Is the red cow his? She is nice square shape behind which would make you think this fella would breed nice replacements.

yep, the red cow in the pic is his mother.

Have his full sister from last year and I will be keeping her as a replacement. She is a smashing heifer.

reilig wrote: »

yep, the red cow in the pic is his mother.

Have his full sister from last year and I will be keeping her as a replacement. She is a smashing heifer.
    I'm envious! Any chance of a pic of her? ;)

I'm envious! Any chance of a pic of her? ;)

She's on an outfarm for the summer. Don't plan to bull her till August. Will see her at the weekend and will get a pic of her then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

Muckit wrote: »
    Spotted this lad on my travels today conditioning grass under ominous skies..:rolleyes:

p6190324tg.jpg

Muckit out herding yesterday evening...
    p6180316.jpg
    top photo. this is a friend of mine. beef fattener. the neighbours say the weather improves when he cuts hay or silage. he probably has them in now. I must ring him to go for a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

top photo. this is a friend of mine. beef fattener. the neighbours say the weather improves when he cuts hay or silage. he probably has them in now. I must ring him to go for a pint!
    .......Is everybody a farmer now or how do so many of us know each other?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭limo_100

BB heifer calf by AZL of a black limousin cow 1month old
    1000311e.jpg

1000312o.jpg

not a great photo of her must try and get a better one tomorrow

And the red calf beside her is a month old ADX calf from a small blue cow. Hes a nice stylish calf but the photo does him no justice

here a couple of heifers for the bull at the back end probably round november
    first one is from a bought springer last year so dont no what her breeding is was born last april she will be a tall powerful animal
    1000314z.jpg
    1000315i.jpg
    1000316q.jpg
    A blue heifer from a white head cow by GEU she was born last may
    1000317zf.jpg
    A charolais heifer cow a simmental bred by PTE born last april she will be a big animal
    1000318e.jpg
    1000319s.jpg

limo_100 wrote: »
    here a couple of heifers for the bull at the back end
    Nice heifers limo. What bulls are you thinking of giving them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Some nice pic's of replacement heifers. I'm particularly interested to see how LYJ the Shorthorn will breed. Could be the making of lovely cows!

probably give them a good limousin bull OZS or TVR. I wouldn't mine giving a partenaise bull but a wouldn't know if they'd be the right type of heifer for a part bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I wouldn't mine giving a partenaise bull but a wouldn't know if they'd be the right type of heifer for a part bull.

One way to find out!
    Why not give maybe BZB a go and see how you get on.

I only get bulls from progressive have they any good bulls?? I won't be bullying them till around the end of october

• Advertisement

probably give them a good limousin bull OZS or TVR. I wouldn't mine giving a partenaise bull but a wouldn't know if they'd be the right type of heifer for a part bull.
    Would you be worried about giving TVR to heifers? Otherwise he's an excellent looking bull on icbf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement